Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152
Results 1,225 to 1,248 of 1248

Thread: The Blue Jays 2019 Season

Quote Originally Posted by gcostanza View Post
    Ya think?
    Both pretty ballparks, but I don't know that they're the Top 2.
    Kaufman Stadium, Coors Field, Dodger Stadium, Petco Park, Oracle Park are all lovely ball fields,
    I'm sure each would garner some votes.
    I agree with IV, those two are my favorites as well at Petco (which I've been to). Suntrust is nice as well. All the ones you mentioned are right behind and I would at Wrigley and Fenway.

Quote Originally Posted by black booty lover View Post
    If that's the case the guys on Bluebird aren't knowledgeable at all.
    Well there were some on here a few weeks ago questioning the idea that Bichette would be ready for the majors. We all know now that was not very clever.

Last 30 games:

Jansen: .275 / .327 / .876
    Drury: .272 / .303 / .857
    Hernandez: .265 / .363 / 1.006
    Grichuk: .270 / .317 / .865

But of course, not one of these players is part of the core......

Quote Originally Posted by Hero28 View Post
    Well there were some on here a few weeks ago questioning the idea that Bichette would be ready for the majors. We all know now that was not very clever.
    Dante Bichette made an appearance on Tim and Sid (with Danielle Michaud), he said that Bo's hitting was never a problem. He was developed slowly to improve his fielding, which was suspect when he was in Vancouver. His chrome dome still bothers me but I was reassured by his High Noon shadow.

Last 30 games:

Jansen: .275 / .327 / .876
    Drury: .272 / .303 / .857
    Hernandez: .265 / .363 / 1.006
    Grichuk: .270 / .317 / .865

But of course, not one of these players is part of the core......
    The move I was very skeptical about was the Grichuk extension, and that's now starting to look a lot better as well.

from what I have seen, Bo Bichette is terrible! I have been at 4 games where he has played and Bichette is 0 for 13 in those games. And the Jays won them all without him. Lucky for him, I havent been at any other of his games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nad Smith View Post
    from what I have seen, Bo Bichette is terrible! I have been at 4 games where he has played and Bichette is 0 for 13 in those games. And the Jays won them all without him. Lucky for him, I havent been at any other of his games.
    Iím not sure if this is supposed to be sarcastic or not, but if not, this is exactly the reason I have trouble talking baseball on terb.

it was sarcastic (although true about the 4 games I have attended) and a satire on people making judgments on small sample sizes and making bad arguments on limited facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nad Smith View Post
    it was sarcastic (although true about the 4 games I have attended) and a satire on people making judgments on small sample sizes and making bad arguments on limited facts.

Nate Pearson (TBJ #15 prospect) is getting the bump to Buffalo.
    In 16 starts and 62.2 IP in AA, Pearson posted a 2.59 ERA with 69 strikeouts & 21 walks.

In other farm news...

-Chavez Young, Dunedin - 16 games, hitting .333 over his last 10

-Otto Lopez, Lansing - 18 games, has had 2 hits in 6 of his last 7, hitting .356 over his last 10

Nate Pearson (TBJ #15 prospect) is getting the bump to Buffalo.
    In 16 starts and 62.2 IP in AA, Pearson posted a 2.59 ERA with 69 strikeouts & 21 walks.

In other farm news...

-Chavez Young, Dunedin - 16 games, hitting .333 over his last 10

-Otto Lopez, Lansing - 18 games, has had 2 hits in 6 of his last 7, hitting .356 over his last 10
    For Pearson I think you mean #15 in all baseball. He's probably number one for TBJ. Some speculation whether he'll be up in September.

Now that Guerrero and Bichette are both up Pearson and Groshans are the only other prospects in the top 100.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019

Quote Originally Posted by Hero28 View Post
    For Pearson I think you mean #15 in all baseball. He's probably number one for TBJ. Some speculation whether he'll be up in September.

Now that Guerrero and Bichette are both up Pearson and Groshans are the only other prospects in the top 100.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019
    You are correct, meant to type MLB. Thanks for that.

Some are worried about Vladdy's weight, I'm not.

He's already on an "eat for success" program and he does look trimmer than when he did the Plakata Special for the MLB Network. He's hitting .340 for August. His absence from the lineup was notable against the Seahawks, he puts the Fear of God in opposing pitchers. Yusei Kikuchi looked like Sandy Koufax without Vladdy.

And this is what he did at the Home Run Competition...in musical terms....it's three minutes, you can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    .... absence from the lineup was notable against the Seahawks...
    Tell us more about the Seahawks, Inny

Blog Entries
    Tell us more about the Seahawks, Inny
    Without Vlady, the Jays were not able to maintain any kind of pass rush.

Without Vladdy, the Seahawks scored a touchdown and a conversion.

Seriously though the Jays missed Vladdy, he's giving opposing pitchers flop sweat when he steps up to the plate. Bo Bichette is great but he doesn't have that intimidation factor. He's inevitably going to go through a dry spell as he develops, Biggio is in the middle of one now.

Vladdy like Bianca Andreescu is a heavy set athlete. Virginie Tremblay has done a magnificent job in keeping Bianca fit, I trust Nikki Huffman.

Aroldis sent Vladdy a text saying he made him work like an SOB.

Vlady's strength is incredible. A few games ago, he hit a line drive laser beam that hit off just the top oft he wall in left field, resulting in a single only as it it was hit too hard. If he got under that ball just a little , IMO, it would have been the fastest HR ever.

Quote Originally Posted by unassuming View Post
    Vlady's strength is incredible. A few games ago, he hit a line drive laser beam that hit off just the top oft he wall in left field, resulting in a single only as it it was hit too hard. If he got under that ball just a little , IMO, it would have been the fastest HR ever
    I still remember that game where he hit a line drive so hard at the left-fielder (forgot his name) that the ball went 20 feet over his head because he misjudged it.

I think it was against Baltimore

Vladdie would look so much more meaner and intimidating if he dropped that spaghetti hair

T.J. Zeuch?
    T.J. Zilch!

Astute Observer
    T.J. Zeuch?
    T.J. Zilch!
    Sounded like a great game, worth watching on milbtv.
    If you got it, a truck brought it.

Blog Entries
    Who's gonna stay up late to watch the Jays at Chavez Ravine vs. Kershaw?

Astute Observer
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    Pearson's first Triple-A start last night was pretty good also, too bad the bullpen flopped.
    If you got it, a truck brought it.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152