Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 24 of 45

Thread: Do You Buy Apple Products? Your Fucked!

  1. #1

    Do You Buy Apple Products? Your Fucked!


  2. #2
    Don't let Apple fix it. Learn to fix yourself. Search youtube video on how to fix it. You can order DIY fix it kit from ifixit. I have a PC and I know how to reapir and fix it.

    https://canada.ifixit.com/

  3. #3
    The "Geniuses" at the Apple Store are just salespeople with fancy title, not real technicians that know how to fix items.Thus its their best interest to sell something instead of repairing it.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Agincourt
    Posts
    1,661
    Not all people are intellectually inclined to tinker around with their cell phone, especially a mistake can render their phone into one expensive paper weight.

    One would be better to have the work done at a reputable independent repair shop, after the warranty has expired of course.

    PS you're

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Eastern Ontario
    Posts
    253
    Thanks! The referenced site comes in handy!

    Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    Don't let Apple fix it. Learn to fix yourself. Search youtube video on how to fix it. You can order DIY fix it kit from ifixit. I have a PC and I know how to reapir and fix it.

    https://canada.ifixit.com/

  6. #6
    Thanks for this. I'm taking a laptop to check out what Genius has to say. This link made me book a backup with another shop just in case....

  7. #7
    This guy in NYC fixes apple computers for a fair price.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup

  8. #8
    Iíve been using Apple products since 1988 for my business and personal life and have never had one in for repairs. They have all run perfectly!

  9. #9
    I was just at an annual sales conference with a client down in NOLA. For two hours before the event started they were having a problem getting their multimedia presentation to work on the facility's system. Two hours of "what version are you running?", and "update the drivers", and the dreaded "blah, blah, blah, registry" on three different Windows machines.

    Finally, with 10 minutes to go, I offered to let them try it on my 8 year old MacBook Pro. They plugged it in and it worked, they ran the whole event on my outdated, beat up laptop.

    IT pros love Windows because it provides job security. Nothing more.

    KK

  10. #10
    RockStar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    playing with Scarlett Johansson in our underwear somewhere in iceland
    Posts
    2,710
    Quote Originally Posted by kkelso View Post
    I was just at an annual sales conference with a client down in NOLA. For two hours before the event started they were having a problem getting their multimedia presentation to work on the facility's system. Two hours of "what version are you running?", and "update the drivers", and the dreaded "blah, blah, blah, registry" on three different Windows machines.

    Finally, with 10 minutes to go, I offered to let them try it on my 8 year old MacBook Pro. They plugged it in and it worked, they ran the whole event on my outdated, beat up laptop.

    IT pros love Windows because it provides job security. Nothing more.

    KK
    sounds more of an 'IT rep' fuck up than hardware / software issues. Both O/S have their pros and cons, but as Woody would say "go with Linux" to get the best of both worlds

    but i agree with your last statement



    French kissing involves all 34 muscles in the face.
    A pucker kiss involves only 2.


  11. #11
    You buy apple if you are technically incompetent. Once you're in their ecosystem you are truly screwed dollar wise and techwise.

    As for the windows griper's, sheesh windows is VERY comparable to mac OS. Mac in a large environment is equally if not more so shitty to support.

  12. #12
    Yeah fuck apple...android for life



    Sent via iPhone

  13. #13
    Why would anyone on a forum care what computer system someone else uses? Isn’t Canada a democracy?

  14. #14
    Apple make better products overall. It's just the truth.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by curr3n_c1000 View Post
    Apple make better products overall. It's just the truth.
    Right. Until you realize Foxconn and other suppliers makes parts for Microsoft, Apple and Samsung products.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
    Right. Until you realize Foxconn and other suppliers makes parts for Microsoft, Apple and Samsung products.
    Correct, but then you realize the build quality and software are better.

    Have fun with your Samsung tablet.

  17. #17
    Protuberant Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    45,980

    Really!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by curr3n_c1000 View Post
    Correct, but then you realize the build quality and software are better.
    Very debatable!

    As to better quality, I use a first generation Dell i7 desktop bought back in 2009 that right now still screams and in fact performs better than it did on day one, after installing a couple SSDs.

    Sure Mac software is better, mainly because it is Linux based software, which we and I have been using going back to 2007. Linux software is FREE to all users, that is until Windoze and Apple steal it, rename it and sell it to their sheeple.

    Linux is all FREE!
    It's nice being completely FREE of Windoze and Apple.....

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by curr3n_c1000 View Post
    Correct, but then you realize the build quality and software are better.

    Have fun with your Samsung tablet.
    I have both.

    I am so glad you own stock in Apple and their success is yours. Otherwise what did they do to deserve such blind loyalty?

    How about you buy the products that serve you and keep your loyalty for friends and family.

    If they are built by the same company that you acknowledged how can build quality be better?

    Products and companies often don’t deserve it.

    I have had and currently have apple products. Samsung and Microsoft.

    Don’t even start with software. Apple treats customers as users. Android treats customers as admin.

    It is not meant for those lacking in computer knowledge. If you want customization, go android. If you want ease of use, go Apple.

  19. #19
    When has anything free ever been better?

  20. #20
    Protuberant Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    45,980
    FREE Linux IMHO is vastly better than either M$ or what Mac runs.
    FREE Linux is very logically laid out, about as easy to pickup as OS X, that is unless you are tech challenged and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

    Definitely worth checking out.

    Oh and Android, the World leader in smart-phones is a Linux variation.
    There are hundreds of versions of Linux. Some free and some you pay for like Apple.
    Always had great experiences with the free versions since 2007.

    Don't need M$ or Mac anymore.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodPeckr View Post
    Very debatable!

    As to better quality, I use a first generation Dell i7 desktop bought back in 2009 that right now still screams and in fact performs better than it did on day one, after installing a couple SSDs.

    Sure Mac software is better, mainly because it is Linux based software, which we and I have been using going back to 2007. Linux software is FREE to all users, that is until Windoze and Apple steal it, rename it and sell it to their sheeple.

    Linux is all FREE!
    It's nice being completely FREE of Windoze and Apple.....
    Not really imo. the aluminum unibody on macbooks is 2nd to none. iMacs, again nothing comes close to the design. One of the reasons why you can resell a them at a good price. Because apple doesn't focus on cheap models, the quality is consistent throughout the line.
    Also apple tops the competition on reliability.
    https://www.consumerreports.org/lapt...ility-by-year/

    Software- Linux and MacOS come from the unix family. That's where the similarities end. Apple has spend decades customizing the OS for commercial use. They are not the same.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
    I have both.

    I am so glad you own stock in Apple and their success is yours. Otherwise what did they do to deserve such blind loyalty?

    How about you buy the products that serve you and keep your loyalty for friends and family.

    If they are built by the same company that you acknowledged how can build quality be better?

    Products and companies often don’t deserve it.

    I have had and currently have apple products. Samsung and Microsoft.

    Don’t even start with software. Apple treats customers as users. Android treats customers as admin.

    It is not meant for those lacking in computer knowledge. If you want customization, go android. If you want ease of use, go Apple.
    What do you mean blind?

    I was sick of owning a window computer only to spend 70% of my time trying to maximize performance.

    When you buy a pair of pants, is it not hemmed and sown up before you purchase it? Are you less of a person because your shirt came with buttons?

    The purpose of buying a tool is to use it, not to fix it. Apple and their users understands this.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodPeckr View Post
    FREE Linux IMHO is vastly better than either M$ or what Mac runs.
    FREE Linux is very logically laid out, about as easy to pickup as OS X, that is unless you are tech challenged and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

    Definitely worth checking out.

    Oh and Android, the World leader in smart-phones is a Linux variation.
    There are hundreds of versions of Linux. Some free and some you pay for like Apple.
    Always had great experiences with the free versions since 2007.
    Don't need M$ or Mac anymore.
    I consider also. Linux is so logical that I can make patches myself if I need specific functions.

  24. #24
    I have owned 3 high end Samsung products and all 3 have broken down well before they got to 3 years old. Latest being a tablet but it was still under warranty. Won't buy again. Have an ols ipod in my car, still works great, has to be 14 years old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •