Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Buy Apple Products? Your Fucked!

Protuberant Member

Wink Sounds like we got another Apple salesman here filling in for bottie

Quote Originally Posted by curr3n_c1000 View Post
    Not really imo. the aluminum unibody on macbooks is 2nd to none. iMacs, again nothing comes close to the design. One of the reasons why you can resell a them at a good price. Because apple doesn't focus on cheap models, the quality is consistent throughout the line.
    Also apple tops the competition on reliability.
    https://www.consumerreports.org/lapt...ility-by-year/

Software- Linux and MacOS come from the unix family. That's where the similarities end. Apple has spend decades customizing the OS for commercial use. They are not the same.
    Really?

1. So Apple fans are so impressed with them fancy aluminum cases they run to pay a Grand extra just to have one! Mac Pro desktops with those fancy aluminum cases run you at least 2 Grand more!!!
    2. Who the heck buys used PCs other than Apple peeps??? Oh that's right, they cost soooo much new the Apple peeps can't afford to get a new one.
    3. My almost 10 yr old Dell i7 still performs BETTER than when new. Also have an 11 yr old Toshiba dual core laptop that stills runs great in spite of being dated.
    4. Apple peeps for years have used the SAME software us Linux users have had for free. MacOS peeps like claiming they are unix based but still use plenty of Linux apps/programs.

Like I said before my first Generation Dell i7 ran me $1000 back in 2009.
    A Mac Pro first generation i7 desktop with the exact same specs as that Dell would have run me $3,500 back then!

Today an eight Generation Dell i7, with specs 1/3 better than my first generation i7, can be had for $800!
    Didn't even bother/waste my time, to check out Apple, to see what they are soaking their fanbois for.

At this point in time thinking about getting a new Dell i9 with even better specs than the i7, which runs under $2000.
    A similar Mac Pro i9 with the same specs as Dell will run you $6000!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodPeckr View Post
    Really?

1. So Apple fans are so impressed with them fancy aluminum cases they run to pay a Grand extra just to have one! Mac Pro desktops with those fancy aluminum cases run you at least 2 Grand more!!!
    2. Who the heck buys used PCs other than Apple peeps??? Oh that's right, they cost soooo much new the Apple peeps can't afford to get a new one.
    3. My almost 10 yr old Dell i7 still performs BETTER than when new. Also have an 11 yr old Toshiba dual core laptop that stills runs great in spite of being dated.
    4. Apple peeps for years have used the SAME software us Linux users have had for free. MacOS peeps like claiming they are unix based but still use plenty of Linux apps/programs.

Like I said before my first Generation Dell i7 ran me $1000 back in 2009.
    A Mac Pro first generation i7 desktop with the exact same specs as that Dell would have run me $3,500 back then!

Today an eight Generation Dell i7, with specs 1/3 better than my first generation i7, can be had for $800!
    Didn't even bother/waste my time, to check out Apple, to see what they are soaking their fanbois for.

At this point in time thinking about getting a new Dell i9 with even better specs than the i7, which runs under $2000.
    A similar Mac Pro i9 with the same specs as Dell will run you $6000!!!
    1. It's just a better design. Add in the stability, reliability and ease of use, you have a better product.
    2. My old Mac will get me money. Your generic brand won't. Again it's a testament to the stability, reliability and ease of use of the product.
    3. When you use Apple, this is the standard. It's amazing to you, but just regular to me.
    4. If you think MacOS and Linux are the same, then I don't know what else to say to you. You can't drive a Toyota and say it's the same as a Lexus.

lol "better design"

lol 1:45

Quote Originally Posted by |2 /-\ | /|/ View Post
    Yeah fuck apple...android for life

Sent via iPhone
    He's become an Apple cunt now, there's NO DOUBT in my mind they send him lots of cash. He's taken a much soffter stance with them and treis to be more positive in his reviwews re: Macs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubee View Post
    Clickbait and a self promoter. He's acting like a borderline conspiracy theorist for views and money.

Clickbait and a self promoter. He's acting like a borderline conspiracy theorist for views and money.
    Again, watch from 1:45 on and listen to the actual fact and you see for yourself.

Protuberant Member
    1. It's just a better design. Add in the stability, reliability and ease of use, you have a better product.
    2. My old Mac will get me money. Your generic brand won't. Again it's a testament to the stability, reliability and ease of use of the product.
    3. When you use Apple, this is the standard. It's amazing to you, but just regular to me.
    4. If you think MacOS and Linux are the same, then I don't know what else to say to you. You can't drive a Toyota and say it's the same as a Lexus.
    1. Better design is quite 'subjective' on your part. Besides Jubee's above 2 vids nicely blew away you delusional superior design argument on that! Fact is Linux is both more stable, reliable and easier to pickup and use than either M$ or OS X!
    2. Fact is old PCs are all kinda dated and useless to all, except for tech challenged Apple fanbois who get excited buying old Macs.
    3. Fact is all Super Computers today run Linux. This is the standard! M$ and OS X are just regular to us.
    4. Like I stated Mac users run and pay for stolen and renamed Linux apps/programs that we have been using for FREE for years.

Linux is the Nio, Mac is the Toyota, while M$ is the Ford (as in, Fix Or Repair Daily).

Linux is where Steve Jobs got the idea of the "app store" as Linux distros had Package Manager. Mac's magsafe cable charger? Copied from a tea kettle in Asia.
    Naturally Jobs just took ideas from all over, patented them, then tried to come across as the innovator, but really wasn't. lol

1. Better design is quite 'subjective' on your part. Besides Jubee's above 2 vids nicely blew away you delusional superior design argument on that! Fact is Linux is both more stable, reliable and easier to pickup and use than either M$ or OS X!
    2. Fact is old PCs are all kinda dated and useless to all, except for tech challenged Apple fanbois who get excited buying old Macs.
    3. Fact is all Super Computers today run Linux. This is the standard! M$ and OS X are just regular to us.
    4. Like I stated Mac users run and pay for stolen and renamed Linux apps/programs that we have been using for FREE for years.

Linux is the Nio, Mac is the Toyota, while M$ is the Ford (as in, Fix Or Repair Daily).
    1. That youtuber is a clickbaiter. The end product is better. Do you think people are asking "What are the schematics on this laptop?". Come on now.
    2. PC become dated once you push the power button.
    3. Great. But I need a computer optimized for home use. Mac wins.
    4. Linux will forever be a beta software with no real support. Plus, you are just using Linux as a strawman.

I'm using a family members laptop right now (acer) and I don't know how any of you can defend this.

I'm removing an anti-virus software so that I can add an anti-virus software. Really??? LOL

Protuberant Member
    1. That youtuber is a clickbaiter. The end product is better. Do you think people are asking "What are the schematics on this laptop?". Come on now.
    4. Linux will forever be a beta software with no real support. Plus, you are just using Linux as a strawman.
    1. Come on now! Those Youtube vids expose Apple's planned obsolescence! You know, poorly designed cases, intended to will fail a few years later LOL.
    2. CORRECT! All the more reason NOT to buy old used PCS! I always wanted the new stuff.
    3. Linux is fully optimized for home use to all but the tech challenged.
    4. FWIW, M$, Mac and Linux are all beta software, always changing/evolving. The only constant in the PC world is CHANGE.
    Linux HAS EXCELLENT REAL 24/7 worldwide online support, all FREE!!! Unlike M$ and MAC that soaks their rubes whenever you call them.

Protuberant Member
    I'm using a family members laptop right now (acer) and I don't know how any of you can defend this.

I'm removing an anti-virus software so that I can add an anti-virus software. Really??? LOL
    Acer has always been rated at the bottom of the barrel. Would never touch one.

Have an 11 yr old Toshiba and and an 11 yr old Dell core2 duo laptops, that both still run like new. You just have to know PC basics to keep them running optimized.
    My almost 10 yr old Dell i7 still runs/performs BETTER than when new, running Win7, Win10, and 3 Linux versions.

1. Come on now! Those Youtube vids expose Apple's planned obsolescence! You know, poorly designed cases, intended to will fail a few years later LOL.
    2. CORRECT! All the more reason NOT to buy old used PCS! I always wanted the new stuff.
    3. Linux is fully optimized for home use to all but the tech challenged.
    4. FWIW, M$, Mac and Linux are all beta software, always changing/evolving. The only constant in the PC world is CHANGE.
    Linux HAS EXCELLENT REAL 24/7 worldwide online support, all FREE!!! Unlike M$ and MAC that soaks their rubes whenever you call them.
    1. Planned obsolescence? but there products last longer on average than other? They have a huge aftermarket? OK
    2. PC Life span is complete trash. I glad we agree.
    3. The technically challenged is 99% of the consumer market. Enjoy you're 1% market share.
    4. No, Linux has little if any major software support, nobody wants to write command lines to troubleshoot problems. It's a side project OS for people who want a Mac, but too stubborn to admit MacOS is King.

RockStar
    playing with Scarlett Johansson in our underwear somewhere in iceland
    no matter how you cut it, peeps will always be loyal to their brand

one thing i fukin hate about apple/mac hardware is, you can not upgrade the darn thing. They've actually made it now that you can upgrade the video card externally LOL

i'm a power user and prefer to customize my pc so it can spit out bitcoins

French kissing involves all 34 muscles in the face.
    A pucker kiss involves only 2.

I know you know the kind of PC you can build is probably about 1/5th the cost of an iMac, it's crazy how marketing a shiny object will influence people.
    As for that youtuber being a clickbaiter, how so? He repairs Macbooks specifically for a living, I notice you didn't address him saying why the design is so poor.

As for after market and the Macbook holding it's value, it's simple, the hype, the logo, it's definitely nothing to do with the hardware.
    Even today the iMac has a 5400rpm harddrive, TODAY, 2019! lol It's absolutely laughable, even you have to admit it.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...04b273ed700956

SSD prices are coming down, this is just gouging people and people like yourself will defend it? Really?

But build quality, sucks as per Louis Rossman.

I know you know the kind of PC you can build is probably about 1/5th the cost of an iMac, it's crazy how marketing a shiny object will influence people.
    As for that youtuber being a clickbaiter, how so? He repairs Macbooks specifically for a living, I notice you didn't address him saying why the design is so poor.

As for after market and the Macbook holding it's value, it's simple, the hype, the logo, it's definitely nothing to do with the hardware.
    Even today the iMac has a 5400rpm harddrive, TODAY, 2019! lol It's absolutely laughable, even you have to admit it.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...04b273ed700956

SSD prices are coming down, this is just gouging people and people like yourself will defend it? Really?

But build quality, sucks as per Louis Rossman.
    I already addressed the design. Nobody buys a computer for the circuitry. You don't walk into best buy and says "Can I see the circuit board design?". The buyer is an end-user, not a repairman.

You don't have to buy the HDD. Upgrade to the SSD........Already know what you will say. What you don't understand is this will operate like day 1 new for several years. That's the value in it.

You can cry all you want, but at some point you will have to admit it lives up to the hype.

IMO the quality of Apple's Mac line has become questionable the past few years.

Fabulously Full Figured Jessica Rain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will buy an new acer if a need a quick computer I can throw out when finished with it. Like a temp to use for a day. They are useless after a month.
    Fabulously Full Figured Fun

Jessica Rain

Twitter: @MsJessicaRainSP

Never Been Justly Banned
    Not this thread again, it awoke grampa Pekker from his basement with the free Linux rant....

At the bottom of all the tributes paid to democracy, is the little man, walking into the little booth, with a little pencil, making a little cross on a little bit of paper - no amount of rhetoric or voluminous discussion can possibly diminish the overwhelming importance of the point.

Still confused every time this comes up.

I have been using second hand refurbished windows systems for years and for the most part all is well. They work remarkably well. I am typing on an old ThinkPad x100e. Amazing. I dumped ubuntu into an old Samsung laptop and it works great (that laptop is at least 10 years old). But,

I am currently in the market for a smart phone and just returned from the Apple store. Fuck they are nice. Ridiculous price, granted. But I want one! I am tempted, but I do not want to enter their ecosystem. Nevertheless, I am not tech literate so I hesitate to get an android. Sounds like no one can really help me. Just make the plunge either way and pray.

Hiding from Screw Worm
    I have a 2011 27" iMac with a second monitor that still works well for photography. I upgraded the RAM my self, and when the HD started to fail, I had a Apple certified private company replace the drive. I have a 2012 MacBook Pro. When the HD became to small, I opened it up and put in a 2 T Firecuda hybred drive, and while the case was open replaced the RAM with 16 gig.. What I don't like about the new MacBook pro's are the lack of ports, especially a USB A/B port.

Overall, I take very little into Apple for repair. If I need something, I take it to a private shop. I can't stand Apple stores and the attitude that they have. Everything in the Apple store seems to be way over priced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12