View Poll Results: A lot of changes ... Additions and Subractions How Post Demar and Cassey Era Fair

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toronto Raptors with 43-39 Wins will finish somewhere between 6 and 8th

    1 3.03%
  • Raptors Will Get 44-59 Wins .. Division Title and NBA Finals

    25 75.76%
  • Toronto Raptors sell everything off at dead line and miss playoffs

    3 9.09%
  • Other

    4 12.12%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 337 to 351 of 351

Thread: 2018/19 Toronto Raptors Season Thread !! Go Raptors Go !!!

  1. #337
    went to the Brooklyn game last night. Stadium atmosphere was awesome. Even a nice shout out to Sting! Brooklyn has been playing real well lately and their youn star Lavert just making it back into the rotation. Scary game! They were shooting lights out from 3, but Raps have too many weapons on both ends of the court. Have to say it looks like with FVV out, McCaw is looking to stake his claim, and fill in for the void that D Wright left. The kid is great on Defense too and he has a little nasty side on offense missing in Delon's game. He's gonna be a great fill in and maybe our new future point guard! Gasol showed signs of brilliance on both ends as well. If Ibaka would just stick to his 2 point game(leading league right now) and pass on the 3s, this game wouldn't even be close. Anonoby has shown signs that he could be the next Kawhi, both ends of he floor too. If he comes back one year after honing his ball handling skills like Pascal, he'd gonna be scary. Lowry might have his point touch back too.
    After Wednesday's game only about 22 games left following the Allstar game. Milwaukee still the biggest threat right now, but as it seemed earlier in the year, 76ers, Indiana and Boston all have a chance.

  2. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by wonkyknee View Post
    went to the Brooklyn game last night. Stadium atmosphere was awesome. Even a nice shout out to Sting! Brooklyn has been playing real well lately and their youn star Lavert just making it back into the rotation. Scary game! They were shooting lights out from 3, but Raps have too many weapons on both ends of the court. Have to say it looks like with FVV out, McCaw is looking to stake his claim, and fill in for the void that D Wright left. The kid is great on Defense too and he has a little nasty side on offense missing in Delon's game. He's gonna be a great fill in and maybe our new future point guard! Gasol showed signs of brilliance on both ends as well. If Ibaka would just stick to his 2 point game(leading league right now) and pass on the 3s, this game wouldn't even be close. Anonoby has shown signs that he could be the next Kawhi, both ends of he floor too. If he comes back one year after honing his ball handling skills like Pascal, he'd gonna be scary. Lowry might have his point touch back too.
    After Wednesday's game only about 22 games left following the Allstar game. Milwaukee still the biggest threat right now, but as it seemed earlier in the year, 76ers, Indiana and Boston all have a chance.
    It's not even all star break and I think the Raptors clinched a playoff spot ... Don't think the 8th place team will obtain 42 wins ..

  3. #339
    Am I the only Raptor fan who visually sees Gasol and doesn't get hyped !! He looks like a old traditional Big white guy playing center who is allergic to the workout area ... The name excites me but I did like the JV and Ibaka combination ... I do think his basketball IQ is far greater then JV

  4. #340
    He looked pretty good last night. That no-look bounce pass he made between two defenders to the cutter was fantastic.

  5. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by New World View Post
    I was there too! Imho I like the Lin signing good second option for Lowry
    One of the very few Ivy League graduates to play in the NBA. After he retires from the NBA, he can always make a living using his brain.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Lin

  6. #342
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post
    One of the very few Ivy League graduates to play in the NBA. After he retires from the NBA, he can always make a living using his brain.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Lin
    No doubt about it... Harvard then NBA. Whats next President of the United States.

  7. #343
    No Leonard again tonight, unreal he's not even playing in non back to back situations now

  8. #344
    Gasol was a great pick up. Basically he's what we hoped JV MIGHT be but we don't have time to wait and see if JV will get much better. Guy knows how to play defence, can shoot from outside and can create for other people and can get his own shot. In other words he's better than JV in all regards other than age.

    Lin is a great pick up too. Solid PG who could start. Between him and the guy from the warriors we have some depth at the PG position.

    The thing about Gasol and Lin is they are veteran players who are also well liked.

    If I'm not mistake I think Lin was pretty cheap pick up. So good value.... I think his contract was bought out and we paid 700K. He's a solid player and most importantly he is a playmaker.

    If nothing else the moves this season has created a ton of room.... we lost Demar and JV's contracts.

    Having some guards to choose from can help us give Kyle some breaks as his back seems to be an issue.

    I think the biggest weakness of the raptors would be bench depth and experience.


    Sure we've taken a win now attitude but I also think that it accelerates a potential rebuild with the moves we have made.

    Also, the addition of Lin and Gasol will really help to spread the floor with their shooting and playmaking.

  9. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenyatta View Post
    No Leonard again tonight, unreal he's not even playing in non back to back situations now
    The way he is being treated is unprecedented but the Raptors need to do everything in their power to appease him and hopefully get him to stay. The improved roster and excellent record are a good start.

  10. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by frankcastle View Post
    The way he is being treated is unprecedented but the Raptors need to do everything in their power to appease him and hopefully get him to stay. The improved roster and excellent record are a good start.
    We should have traded him for Tobias Harris, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and a 1st. Would have guaranteed our success for years to come.

  11. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by frankcastle View Post
    The way he is being treated is unprecedented but the Raptors need to do everything in their power to appease him and hopefully get him to stay. The improved roster and excellent record are a good start.
    I don't want to keep him, He's soft. No way I give a part time player a max deal.

  12. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenyatta View Post
    No Leonard again tonight, unreal he's not even playing in non back to back situations now
    His knee (not sure which one) is sore. He and Mathews are challenging each other for most MIA.

    Until now I never heard of "load management". Wish someone would tell my boss to reduce my workload by 20% and still get full salary.

  13. #349
    All these amateur, fickle Raptor fans, Kawhi is a beast, Kawhi is here to dominate in the playoffs. The team has the most wins in the NBA at the all-star break and you guy are whinning about Kawhi not playing for load management.

  14. #350
    wow....Wizards have gotten much better with their deadline trades. When Wall is healthy this is a pretty scary team. ONce again a team comes in here shooting lights out and we persevere. Both of our last 2 games looked like possible upsets. This time PSkills has a monster night and OG plays Robin. These two are our future. Lin looks pretty decent on defense too. I wasn't sure if he was capeable of holding up his defensive duties in Toronto. Gasol didn't seem to match up well in this game. I hope it was just an off night for him. Now to sit back and enjoy AllStar weekend.

  15. #351

    Thumbs up

    It's nice to see Siakam performed 44 points in one single game. I can not wait for the ex-BB momentum plus Jeremy Lin HH(half time, half court)shot again! Exciting...

    Go Raptors Go! Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
    Last edited by catherinetog; 02-15-2019 at 02:48 AM.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •