Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
Results 313 to 336 of 387

Thread: Teachers: We're watching you!

  1. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by Boober69 View Post
    Bullshit. No one I know ever said their kids were taught about anal sex in school at any grade. You are making that up. ...
    People I knew did have the negative impacts of anal discussed after numerous girls in their small town were developing incontinence issues.


    And of course you want to ignore the hundreds of experts who wrote the curriculum and the thousands of parents consulted because you hero-worship any right leaning leader so you are simply looking for excuses. The guy might have been convicted for writing pedo stories but that doesn't invalidate a single thing in the curriculum. If it did you would have specific things you felt shouldn't be taught.

  2. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLarue View Post
    Tests scores & a token will get you downtown, but no further...
    Canadian students test results are evidence as opposed to your pure bullshit opinions.

  3. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLarue View Post
    1. THEIR rights need defending
    Yes. The rights of humans should be defended.

    2. If they do not comply with the governments directive, they will be in breach of their employment contract
    ...
    Why are you incapable of reading facts. The old curriculum leaves room for teachers to include all the topics you hate and I gave you the quotes to prove it but you don't care about any facts that interfere with your views on teachers.

  4. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Canadian students test results are evidence as opposed to your pure bullshit opinions.
    Your so called evidence will not make a difference if these kids are not prepared for what is going to be a very challenging and rapidly changing employment environment.
    how ever the teachers union wants to make sure they are prepared for anal sex (talk), just so long as they get test scores which can be used to justify their existence

  5. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Yes. The rights of humans should be defended.
    Again , so who is defending the rights of taxpayers vs. the unions. Last time I looked taxpayers were humans
    And given the increased enrichment of teachers vs the increased indebtedness of the taxpayer via govt debt. It is not teachers who need the protection

    Why are you incapable of reading facts. The old curriculum leaves room for teachers to include all the topics you hate and I gave you the quotes to prove it but you don't care about any facts that interfere with your views on teachers.
    Too bad for you it is not the old curriculum which is required. It is the new curriculum.
    An end run around the requirement is still defiance of the directive and a breach of their employment contract.
    Ford just threw the hammer at a much less important issue.
    do you think he is going to lightly dance around with teachers who think they get to make policy and violate their employment contract?

  6. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLarue View Post
    Your so called evidence will not make a difference if these kids are not prepared for what is going to be a very challenging and rapidly changing employment environment.
    Why are you so against teaching children about sexually transmitted diseases and the risks of social media and sexting?
    Are you so rabidly against unions that you're willing to put children at risk in order to make a union suffer?

  7. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    People I knew did have the negative impacts of anal discussed after numerous girls in their small town were developing incontinence issues.


    And of course you want to ignore the hundreds of experts who wrote the curriculum and the thousands of parents consulted because you hero-worship any right leaning leader so you are simply looking for excuses. The guy might have been convicted for writing pedo stories but that doesn't invalidate a single thing in the curriculum. If it did you would have specific things you felt shouldn't be taught.
    One parent per school? (4000 parents). This curriculum was rushed through. The PC's want to properly review it with proper consultations. What is wrong with that? When they don't do proper consultation people freak out, and when they do, people freak out as well.

    And considering a pedo wrote it, at the very least, it warrants a proper review.
    As an example, items in the curriculum may make younger students feel like they need to have sex sooner than they may have been comfortable.

  8. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Boober69 View Post
    (4000 parents).
    How many parents do you think should consult on the curriculum?
    Zero?

    That's the Doug Ford way.

  9. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Why are you so against teaching children about sexually transmitted diseases and the risks of social media and sexting?
    Are you so rabidly against unions that you're willing to put children at risk in order to make a union suffer?
    1. I am against teachers thinking they get to make policy. Policy making is reserved for people we can vote out
    2. $300 B -$ 400 B & a 80-90% probability of default

  10. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    How many parents do you think should consult on the curriculum?
    Zero?

    That's the Doug Ford way.
    More than 1 parent per school as was done.

  11. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLarue View Post
    1. I am against teachers thinking they get to make policy.
    The 2015 sex ed curriculum was done over years with input from experts and as boobyer noted, 4000 parents.
    Are you against parents having input?
    Are you against educating kids about sexually transmitted diseases?

  12. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLarue View Post
    ...
    Too bad for you it is not the old curriculum which is required. It is the new curriculum....
    Speaking of too bad, the employers in Toronto have explicitly shared with parents the exact same I've been saying, the parts of the new curriculum you hate are legit topics in the old one.

    https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...confusion.html

  13. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLarue View Post
    1. I am against teachers thinking they get to make policy. ...
    Teachers who actually know the curriculum vs an uninformed politician catering to a special interest group?

  14. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    The 2015 sex ed curriculum was done over years with input from experts and as boobyer noted, 4000 parents.
    Are you against parents having input?
    Are you against educating kids about sexually transmitted diseases?
    Are you stupid ?
    Asked and answered.
    Sex ed is not the issue. The issue is teachers do not get to make public policy. Policy making is reserved for people we can vote out

  15. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    The 2015 sex ed curriculum was done over years with input from experts and as boobyer noted, 4000 parents.
    Are you against parents having input?
    Are you against educating kids about sexually transmitted diseases?
    1 parent per school. Not taking demographics into consideration. Sound like a good sampling to you?
    Experts? Like the pedo who headed up the whole thing? Well I guess you can say he's an expert in a creepy kind of way.

  16. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Teachers who actually know the curriculum vs an uninformed politician catering to a special interest group?
    A majority government gives the Premiere the right and obligation to make public policy.
    You get to vote to remove him in four years if you do not agree with that or any policy

    What is completely unacceptable is a special interest group making public policy
    the public has no recourse to remove them, if the public does not agree with their policy making.

    It is called democracy

  17. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLarue View Post
    Are you stupid ?
    Asked and answered.
    Sex ed is not the issue. The issue is teachers do not get to make public policy. Policy making is reserved for people we can vote out
    So you'd rather have the kids suffer then let teachers stand up for them?
    Idiotic.

    We have never had a public school curriculum designed by elected officials.
    Its an absolutely idiotic idea.

  18. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    So you'd rather have the kids suffer then let teachers stand up for them?
    Idiotic.
    I never said that & you know it
    Why do you misrepresent what others say?
    Is it because you are too bloody stupid to make a logical and rational argument?

    We have never had a public school curriculum designed by elected officials.
    Its an absolutely idiotic idea.
    Elected governments have been making education policy since before you failed out of high school
    What we have never had before is a union attempting to make public policy & that is both idiotic and totally unacceptable.

    If unions are allowed to make public policy then there has to be a mechanism for the public to get rid of them
    How long do you think the teachers union would survive if their existence was determined by a public vote?

  19. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLarue View Post
    I never said that & you know it
    Why do you misrepresent what others say?
    Is it because you are too bloody stupid to make a logical and rational argument?



    Elected governments have been making education policy since before you failed out of high school
    What we have never had before is a union attempting to make public policy & that is both idiotic and totally unacceptable.

    If unions are allowed to make public policy then there has to be a mechanism for the public to get rid of them
    How long do you think the teachers union would survive if their existence was determined by a public vote?
    "Elected governments have been making education policy since before you failed out of high school"

    I laughed out loud at that one!

  20. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLarue View Post
    A majority government gives the Premiere the right and obligation to make public policy....
    It is called democracy
    I agree he has the authority. But in this case he is kissing ass to the religious right minority and ignoring what actual experts say so teachers are right (and within their rights) to protest it.

    And the teachers aren't making policy. They are saying they will implement the 1998 curriculum including the many optional topics that became mandatory in the modern one. None of those topics are banned in the old curriculum.

    And in Toronto at least, their employer is 100% behind them on this.

  21. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLarue View Post
    I never said that & you know it
    Why do you misrepresent what others say?
    Is it because you are too bloody stupid to make a logical and rational argument?
    Why can't you answer the questions?
    Why would you rather attack the teacher's union then let kids be educated on sexual diseases?
    Do you realize that the lawsuits against Ford's policies are from parents, not teachers?

  22. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLarue View Post
    A majority government gives the Premiere the right and obligation to make public policy....

    It is called democracy
    Just a reminder that by the same standard, the policies you hate about the previous government were their right and obligation to implement. It's called democracy.

  23. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    I agree he has the authority.
    That is all that really matters
    the teachers union is challenging that authority and want to implement their policy & that simply can not be permitted

    But in this case he is kissing ass to the religious right minority and ignoring what actual experts say so teachers are right (and within their rights) to protest it.
    I suspect Ford has some personal feelings on this controversial issue and some other experts may have provided an a different policy recommendation
    It is his parties obligation to implement a policy which they feel is best for Ontario and aligned with their mandate from the electorate.

    I have said all along Teachers have every right to protest, however not while working and not on school property

    And the teachers aren't making policy. They are saying they will implement the 1998 curriculum including the many optional topics that became mandatory in the modern one. None of those topics are banned in the old curriculum.
    If they do not follow the government's directive, they are making policy.

    They may have successfully managed to quietly made policy and circumvented the governments directive via your weasels scheme, had they not publicly stated they were going to defy the government
    Ford must now ensure the directive is being followed to the letter
    Again the issue here is the elected government makes public policy, not a self serving union.

    And in Toronto at least, their employer is 100% behind them on this.
    What is the value in this disingenuous attempt to muddy the waters wrt who the employer is?

    The provincial government makes education policy & funds the education system.
    They are the employer

  24. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Just a reminder that by the same standard, the policies you hate about the previous government were their right and obligation to implement. It's called democracy.
    I have always understood that
    whine, complain, protest, cus, pull your hair out, make sound logical arguments etc, but always accept that the government of the day has been democratically elected & they make policy
    If you do not like their policies there is solace is knowing you get a shot at replacing them at the next election

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •