Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Maple Leafs 2018 - 19

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBoy27 View Post
    How much does Willy stand to lose if he's forced to sit out this year? Based on a $6.5 million salary, as of today he's lost $1.2 million US.
    Each contract is different but I think that in some cases if they do agree on a contract they throw money back in. Like a peace offering. No hard feelings.

A bridge deal now seems like the more workable alternative.

It's a shame cause Leafs could really field a powerhouse team this year with Nylander plus perhaps even some rentals.

They may still be able to do that if they sign him to a 3 year deal for around 3.5 to 4 mil, comparable yet less than what Kucherov got. They will still have cap space for rentals for this year.

Vegas looks nothing like the team they were last year. Dominating speed is not there. Making plays is not there. They played with so much confidence last year.

That's 2 wins in a row. Getting closer to a Stanley Cup parade.
    White dude fucks black babe.

Quote Originally Posted by smuddan View Post
    A bridge deal now seems like the more workable alternative.
    As each day goes by it looks a trade is in the works.

- sign him,
    - trade him, or
    - let him sit.

Trading him may fill the need for a right handed shot d man, but we don't want to see a Hall for Larson kind of deal do we ? It will also deprive us the opportunity to see how potent this offence can be with a full lineup. I hope they can find a way to keep him at least for this year. A bridge deal may work best for the Leafs and they can always trade him later.

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    Each contract is different but I think that in some cases if they do agree on a contract they throw money back in. Like a peace offering. No hard feelings.
    Throw money back in, how does that work? A contract is a contract, no? Aside from performance bonuses, I can't imagine under a salary cap, you can sign a player to a 5 year, $7 million contract for example, then write him a cheque for an extra $10 million.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBoy27 View Post
    Throw money back in, how does that work? A contract is a contract, no? Aside from performance bonuses, I can't imagine under a salary cap, you can sign a player to a 5 year, $7 million contract for example, then write him a cheque for an extra $10 million.
    Signing bonus?

The Athletic (paywall) has a terrific article on the Maple Leafs/Nylander situation today.
    It breaks down how his cap hit would be affected by when he signs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gcostanza View Post
    The Athletic (paywall) has a terrific article on the Maple Leafs/Nylander situation today.
    It breaks down how his cap hit would be affected by when he signs.
    What timing results in the best situation for a deal to be reached?

Blog Entries
    Does anybody know if Mark Hunter got another NHL job?

Does anybody know if Mark Hunter got another NHL job?
    Mark Hunter is listed as Owner VP and GM of the London Knights

What timing results in the best situation for a deal to be reached?
    That remains to be seen.
    The way I read the article, the closer to December 1 (deadline for WN to play in the NHL this year),
    the better the cap situation for the Maple Leafs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gcostanza View Post
    That remains to be seen.
    The way I read the article, the closer to December 1 (deadline for WN to play in the NHL this year),
    the better the cap situation for the Maple Leafs.
    Thanks. That provides a bit of reassurance that a deal can get done.

Leafs 3rd and 4th lines get on the board for a 6-1 win.

Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    Leafs 3rd and 4th lines get on the board for a 6-1 win.
    Its funny, every time I expect a loss, they win. Great game tonight.

Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

In almost every game I've seen so far this year, it is obvious that the NHL is, indeed, the NHL ("No Hit League"). I've seen more body contact in figure skating. Great time to be a skilled player.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Its funny, every time I expect a loss, they win. Great game tonight.
    The Devils are one of those teams that usually play them well. Nice to see others contribute to the scoring.

The Bruins will be a big test tonight.
    Yes, that is me with my new whistle

Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post
    In almost every game I've seen so far this year, it is obvious that the NHL is, indeed, the NHL ("No Hit League"). I've seen more body contact in figure skating. Great time to be a skilled player.
    Agree and like it.

I am one who enjoys a game where the players who have the talent to play, are able to showcase that talent.

The game is also faster, players do not stand still as much, passes are faster and plays develop much quicker.

Youtube has a number of games from previous era's and it is surprising how much the game has changed from a speed and size perspective.

I also think that the changes that are being taught in the minor and college leagues is finally paying off at the major level. Those players have developed different habits and as they populate the NHL, those attitudes become slowly become the norm (less fighting, headshots, etc.).

Gone are the days that teams need to have a fourth line of fighters and tough guys. Teams that want to win cannot afford to lose a line that could otherwise feature a player who can skate and score.

Besides, the players of today are big and tough. These guys want to win and they realize that the perceived old style of yesteryear is not going to win them championships.

Just my humble opinion.
    Yes, that is me with my new whistle

Quote Originally Posted by Ref View Post
    My post was in jest as the Habs have a poor offense this year.
    Well, lookie here. Montreal just 3 pts behind Toronto with same number of games played and the powerhouse offensive Leafs have only scored 4 more goals than Montreal. There's your offense. And they still have Price. 6 of those Leafs goals came yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar_88 View Post
    Well, lookie here. Montreal just 3 pts behind Toronto with same number of games played and the powerhouse offensive Leafs have only scored 4 more goals than Montreal. There's your offense. And they still have Price. 6 of those Leafs goals came yesterday.
    Montreal has a really fast, exciting team this year and they clearly outplayed the Leafs in their one meeting so far. They'll be interesting to watch.
    Having Price doesn't look to be a clear advantage over Anderson's play this past year and a half, though - the Leafs are still winning a number of games entirely on Anderson's back as happened last year.

Leafs 3rd in win percentage and goal differential behind only TB and Nashville. All without Nylander all year albeit he's only their 6th most important player behind Matthews, Marner, Tavaras, Andersen, and Rielly. You could say Tavaras was the upgrade to Nylander on the team. Nylander may have more offensive skill but no coach in their right mind would counter Crosby with him.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast