Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Thread: Maple Leafs 2018 - 19

But the Shanaplan has us brain washed not to even consider bringing up two young defensemen. And Liljgren is a right handed shot defenseman.
    I remember when the Leafs brought up Luke Schenn prematurely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Schenn

Luke Schenn is a more talnted version of Justin Holl, has all the physical tools but is dead from the neck up.

The Leafs should change the colour of their St Pat's jerseys to brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    The Leafs should change the colour of their St Pat's jerseys to brown.
    The marketing department will be very unhappy with the timing of that losing streak.
    They bring out those alternate jerseys to boost new sales and the leafs sucked so bad in their St Pats colours they’re already discounted about $40.

I guess with that revenue missing, MLSE won’t be bringing Doug Ford’s “buck a beer” policy into their sports venues in time for the playoffs after all. :-(

Nylander has his supporters and detractors. I'll withhold further comments about him until after the playoffs.

https://editorinleaf.com/2019/03/18/...m-nylander-16/

My concern with the Leafs is the lack of grit. I know the game these days is soft as shit but I think the Leafs are lacking in this area. The Leafs remind a little of both the Sens and the Nordiques from years past. Both those teams loaded in talent but soft. Hope I am wrong I want a Canadian team to win the cup. The one good thing for the Leafs if the playoffs are not a success the team is young and as assets to switch things up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiffy Pop View Post
    My concern with the Leafs is the lack of grit. I know the game these days is soft as shit but I think the Leafs are lacking in this area. The Leafs remind a little of both the Sens and the Nordiques from years past. Both those teams loaded in talent but soft. Hope I am wrong I want a Canadian team to win the cup. The one good thing for the Leafs if the playoffs are not a success the team is young and as assets to switch things up a little.
    Exactly the dumb commentators have to stop talking about a window and Leafs fans have to change their diapers. It took the Lightning 8 years to evolve to where they are now, let's not panic.

Much needed speed in Kapanen returns to Leafs on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    Exactly the dumb commentators have to stop talking about a window and Leafs fans have to change their diapers. It took the Lightning 8 years to evolve to where they are now, let's not panic.
    Exactly. Don’t buy into the “Stanley cup contenders” theory from the pre-season based on talent, when all I see are zero playoff wins.

Some have started whispering that Babcock might be in jeopardy if they lose first round. I don’t think so. The arguments may start, but he has a few seasons left.

They played much better than lately but turnover down 1 nothing and Nashville just shut them down. Then Oz for some reason chooses to cover the player behind the net rather than in front of the net.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar_88 View Post
    Then Oz for some reason chooses to cover the player behind the net.
    Maybe he thought it was Gretzky back there, in his office.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiffy Pop View Post
    Both those teams loaded in talent but soft. Hope I am wrong I want a Canadian team to win the cup.
    Well then your best best is Winnipeg. They don't play a soft game....like the leafs. They just need to get the goaltending.
    When I die, I hope I have enough time to point at a complete stranger and whisper "You did this."

What I noticed was the leafs played more fiesty last game. But it was all their little guys hitting like Petan and Moore which really has very little effect

Leafs win 4-2 over the Sabres. Leafs outshot the Sabres 46-24. Leafs beat the Sabres on the faceoff dot 55% to Sabres %46. Sabres outhit the Leafs 26-7, so much for being a soft team. Willy hit the post, while his little brother scored.

This is what Matthews looks like when he plays with intent. Leafs looked good but Buffalo is a terrible team. Saw the highlights of the Wash TB game. Defending Stanley Cup champs vs the best team this year.
    Very feisty and some great plays.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142