Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Maple Leafs 2018 - 19

Quote Originally Posted by superstar_88 View Post
    Is Robidas Island possible. Can Marleau pick up a mysterious ailment? Can he fail his medical like Lupul?
    Leafs management may ask him to retire before next season.
    White dude fucks black babe.

Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    Hyman.
    What about him?

Leafs management may ask him to retire before next season.
    And why would he oblige? He signed 3 years for a reason. Not 2.

What about him?
    When the Leafs aquired Hyman, I never thought he would pan out but I'm glad I'm wrong. Every night he forchecks and wins pucks for Marner and Tavares. Hyman does things most of us never notice becuase we only notice Matner or Tavares.

And why would he oblige? He signed 3 years for a reason. Not 2.
    There won't be a Robidos Island. Marleau can retire with HHOF credentials without a cup. With a cup Marleau is sure thing for HHOF.

Well, ideally it would be great for Leafs if Marleau retired but why would he just leave his 6.25 million behind. He signed for 3 years for a reason. Not 2. I don't see it happening. More likely they put him on Robidas Island. He gets his money and Leafs get their cap relief.

I think most people see and appreciates what Hyman does. Although there are probably those who think he shouldn't be playing in the top 6. Some prob feel he's a 4th liner. Great trade though. He's the best puck retriever along the boards the Leafs have. Babcock thinks in pairs Matthews/Nylander, Tavaras/Marner. Unlike going for the super line that Boston has.

Well, ideally it would be great for Leafs if Marleau retired but why would he just leave his 6.25 million behind. He signed for 3 years for a reason. Not 2. I don't see it happening. More likely they put him on Robidas Island. He gets his money and Leafs get their cap relief.

I think most people see and appreciates what Hyman does. Although there are probably those who think he shouldn't be playing in the top 6. Some prob feel he's a 4th liner. Great trade though. He's the best puck retriever along the boards the Leafs have. Babcock thinks in pairs Matthews/Nylander, Tavaras/Marner. Unlike going for the super line that Boston has.
    The Leafs can give Marleau a front office job for $6.25 mil. Think outside the box like Dubas.

Boston is a 1 line team. The Leafs can have 2-3 lines that can score. Once Babcock has the last line change, the Leafs shut down Boston's top line. BTW, Bergeron is out for at least 4 weeks.

Shut down Boston's top line? You make it sound so easy. Maybe you should coach. Take Babs job. You didn't see last years playoffs? They were scoring at will. Maybe vs Boston Leafs can create their own super line and try to neutralize and try to beat them with their depth. Play Kadri on LW with Tavaras and Marner. Matthews with Nylander Hyman as a 2nd line with weaker opposition and not have to face Bergeron. Kapanen Marleau on 3rd line with Lindholm.

I was just thinking the same thing. Offer Marleau an executive position with a little juice to entice him. A job where he can work from home wink wink. Call it funny accounting but legal.

Shut down Boston's top line? You make it sound so easy. Maybe you should coach. Take Babs job. You didn't see last years playoffs? They were scoring at will. Maybe vs Boston Leafs can create their own super line and try to neutralize and try to beat them with their depth. Play Kadri on LW with Tavaras and Marner. Matthews with Nylander Hyman as a 2nd line with weaker opposition and not have to face Bergeron. Kapanen Marleau on 3rd line with Lindholm.
    Looking at the schedule for the rest of the season Boston will be facing Andersen and not Sparks. And Boston won't be so lucky to catch the tired Leafs off a back to back.

Problem is they can't put together one good pair of shut down defensemen. Who are the Leafs 2 best shut down guys? They don't even have 1 that can be considered a good shut down guy let alone elite

Quote Originally Posted by gcostanza View Post
    My time machine is in the shop.
    My bad, I meant Leafs/Sharks game. Got a little ahead of myself.

The Leafs can give Marleau a front office job for $6.25 mil. Think outside the box like Dubas.

Boston is a 1 line team. The Leafs can have 2-3 lines that can score. Once Babcock has the last line change, the Leafs shut down Boston's top line. BTW, Bergeron is out for at least 4 weeks.
    Good news story of the day. Their super-line is not so super now.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415