Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Maple Leafs 2018 - 19

Well the Leafs stunk out the joint tonight. Everyone get's on Gardiner but the whole team except for Andersen was terrible. If the Leafs are soft as they are the last 2 games, Leafs go into Tampa on Thursday to get slaughtered. Does Babcock throw Sparks into the Lions den or does Andersen start?
    White dude fucks black babe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post
    I thought the Leafs were doing pretty well when Nylander was sitting out. He's been back for 15 games and we are still making excuses for him. At least he has nice hair.

BTW: Where is Mathews?
    Yea, and dont get me started about Gardiner!
    Has anyone seen Mike Litoris?

Half Man Half Amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    Assuming you are right:
    1)how do you know Babcock doesn't see it?
    2)maybe he has other reasons for keeping them together.

Once again, somebody who thinks they know more than arguably the most highly respected coach in the NHL. I'm not necessarily saying that you are wrong, but to even just think that you know more than Babcock and his assistants do as to how to construct the lines is really, really stupid. Mind you, what was the feedback you got from Kadri and Marleau when you consulted them about this issue? Was it the same thing that they told to Babcock? What is their chemistry like in the dressing room and off the ice? Did you offer them any suggestions? Did they listen to your advice?

Waiting to hear your insights.

I think you get my point. There is no way you could have even .001% of the information that Babcock has at his disposal, let alone his coaching knowledge and experience. As such, your strong assertions on this matter are highly uninformed, relative to the coach and his staff.
    If Babcock does see it yet does nothing about it then he isn't coaching in the best interest of the team is he? Putting guys together who have no on ice chemistry makes a lot of sense dude.
    So my 'strong' opinion on the matter somehow infers in your mind that I think I know more than Babcock. You're fucking logic is loony. Your attempt at mockery and insulting my intelligence borders on the pathetic. Is your self esteem really that low?

I shine and rise at the same time.

Half Man Half Amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    Well the Leafs stunk out the joint tonight. Everyone get's on Gardiner but the whole team except for Andersen was terrible. If the Leafs are soft as they are the last 2 games, Leafs go into Tampa on Thursday to get slaughtered. Does Babcock throw Sparks into the Lions den or does Andersen start?
    I don't like hearing the boos for Gardiner and not anyone else. Yes he gave up a bad shorthand goal but some of that blame has to go to Marner who idiotically gave the puck away at the blue line. Where's the boos for Kadri? This due has been horrifically bad this year. He looked so foolish getting his pocket picked by Rantanen on that 2nd goal.

I shine and rise at the same time.

They played soft all season, it's the opposition that adjusted. They took away the long pass through the neutral zone and the famous cross pass in front of the net.
    We have to send a clear message, just because your child gets across the border doesn't mean your child gets to stay. HRC

The only good thing about Gardiner’s continued gaffs again this year is that, if they even finish the season with him, it should stop them from re-signing him.

He’s not what they need now.
    Thanks for your service, bye bye.

The Leafs haven't lost 3 in a row all year. I expect them to keep the streak intact by beating the Lightings in Tampa tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jcpro View Post
    They played soft all season, it's the opposition that adjusted. They took away the long pass through the neutral zone and the famous cross pass in front of the net.
    Indeed. Teams have adjusted to the PP as well. Both 1st and 2nd use the same setup. Some teams use constant motion. Some teams use one timers. Some teams use screens. JVR use to provide screens. Leafs don't use any of these. Always the same setup and plays that just doesn't work any more. Last year's PP looked better with Bozak and JVR.

Leafs are soft. Everyone knows that. I never see any hits to scare the opposition like other teams do to the Leafs defense to cause turnovers. They supposedly are a team built for speed but they just don't seem to have it. Vegas used speed last year.

It won't happen but I'd like to see Hyman with Matthews and Nylander like last year. They were dominant 5 on 5. Matthews never get those goals anymore from the slot where Hyman digs out the puck along the boards and feeds him.

I'd like to see Marner with Marleau and Kadri like last year and make that a shut down line. Kadri has tremendous chemistry with Marner and Kadri has shown to thrive in a shut down role.

That would leave Tavaras with Johnson and Kapanen. Tavaras has shown in all his years in NYI that he makes his linemates better. Forget matching Tavaras against the other teams best line. Let him play against weaker lines.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728