Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ford Scraps New Sex Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Ford matters because ......
    Democracy also means I have the right to criticize his decision. You want to make this about Ford and that's your choice. I'll just focus on how idiotic a decision it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    You're in a full blown McCarthyism mode in your politics!...
    Says the guy who is trying to make this about mindless partisan politics rather than discussing how stupid a decision it is to set sex-ed back a couple decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Boober69 View Post
    He said he would attend Pride if the the police were invited. ...
    Pride should have called his bluff. We all know he wouldn't attend but the police is just an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Boober69 View Post
    He said he would attend Pride if the the police were invited. Very simple ask.
    BLM doesn't want the police to be invited, Pride organizers and city hall bend to BLM's requests.
    Many politicians don't attend that parade for various reasons.
    And the Liberals didn't consult parents and experts when they bought in the sex ed curriculum.
    Their results in this past election show that most people didn't want it. Ford campaigned on revamping it and won.

So your rage is misplaced my friend
    Ford has been a Toronto politician and mayoral candidate for years, yet you only account for this year's absence? Nice try.....and who did Ford consult with when he cancelled the new curriculum or for that matter, the badly needed school repairs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ref View Post
    Wigglee - I asked you a question and you completely deflected it away. However, in the spirit of your request I will provide you with my answer to your question and I hope you answer mine. There are no pictures of Ford at Pride. I think he should have attended and taken the opportunity to promote the police agenda. I think it would have been hilarious if he showed up with some police officers dressed up in pride costumes.

Now can you answer my question without deflecting the topic - Can you provide examples of where Ford has exhibited homophobic behaviors as premier? Again, I am looking for clear-cut examples such as "We need to eliminate homosexuality as it is a disease" or "death to all fags".
    Ford may be an idiot, but he's not quite stupid enough to say what you have asked me to quote.

Official Cyclops Wrangler
    https://www.facebook.com/pressprogre...3482435841572/

A video montage of McVety, doing what he does best - being a moronic, bigoted asshole.
    After 30 years hobbying and 15 years on TERB, maybe I should write my memoirs. I'd call them..... "If these Balls could talk".

Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Says the guy who is trying to make this about mindless partisan politics rather than discussing how stupid a decision it is to set sex-ed back a couple decades.
    If it's a right wing policy it has to be a good thing in Polaris's world.

Quote Originally Posted by oagre View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/pressprogre...3482435841572/

A video montage of McVety, doing what he does best - being a moronic, bigoted asshole.
    McVety is a hard guy to like, but you seem to have an unnatural degree of loathing for him. What, exactly, do you think the actual consequences of removing discussion of homosexuality from the school curriculum will be? School codes of conduct will still prevent bullying and harassment based on sexual orientation (and many other grounds). The media, documentaries, public advocacy, and TV/movies will continue to address the subject in abundance.
    Terb Members on Ignore: Frankfooter

Quote Originally Posted by wigglee View Post
    Ford may be an idiot, but he's not quite stupid enough to say what you have asked me to quote.
    Indeed, I find it strange that you would try to put that label on him without proof.
    Yes, that is me with my new whistle

Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Pride should have called his bluff. We all know he wouldn't attend but the police is just an excuse.
    I think he would have attended. But then again, neither of us will be proven right on this at least until the next parade comes along.

Well some possible good news for all (except McVety), it looks like the PC Government will revert the sex ed curriculum back to 2014, one of the versions implemented by the Wynn government.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queensp...-decision.html

I would have preferred they keep the 2018 curriculum and simply amend it where they wanted, but amend, replace, terminate, change...it is kind of all the same thing I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ref View Post
    Well some possible good news for all (except McVety), it looks like the PC Government will revert the sex ed curriculum back to 2014, one of the versions implemented by the Wynn government....
    From what I understand, there was no 2014 curriculum. The only thing that makes sense is when Thompson said "we’re going to be embracing what was being taught in 2014" she means the 1998 curriculum since that is what was being taught ion 2014 (but realizes saying 1998 sounds worse).

Blog Entries
    All about damage control with that hasty decision, that was not well researched:

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/star...s-ontario.html

On ignore: Disrespectful Individuals.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345