Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best and safest investment

This is just a hobby !

Best and safest investment

Tried and true. Never fails. Was given this advice years ago. Want to know what to invest in? Take a look at where you spend your money every month. Note these are mostly safe and slow growers but many/most pay dividends!

Rogers'Bell - your monthly communication bill isn't going away folks!
    TD/RBC/CIBC/Scotia - they get your money every month in fee's etc
    Costco/Walmart/Loblaws/Home Depot/etc.. take a look and you'll see that each and every one of these major retailers have been killing it for years !!
    Hydro companies... do you have a choice but to pay your hydro bill?
    Gas companies - every major gas company has done amazing year over year! Price of gas is $1.37 litre?!?!

Then you have your emerging tech companies. Anything to do with renewable energy will pay off!

Apple/Amazon/Microsoft? even at $1000 a share they are stlll good investment! Why? because they aren't going anywhere! Couple of years ago a friend talked me into 'trying' Apple. Bought 60 shares at $500. Went to $700+ and then split 7 to 1 and today it's back up to $180! Where is it going to go? Probably $500 again I hope !! LOL !!
    people don't remember what you said or what you did. they remember how you made them feel !

Many utility and pipeline stocks will turn out to be
    great investments IF there is no more interest rate hikes
    from the current level for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by oil&gas View Post
    Many utility and pipeline stocks will turn out to be
    great investments IF there is no more interest rate hikes
    from the current level for the rest of the year.
    Actually not having further interest rate hikes for the holding period of the utility and pipeline stocks is the requirement not just for the rest of the year.
    A holding period of less than year is really market timing , which defeats the value of dividend stocks, particularly ones who have a history of constantly raising their dividend over time

Economists are calling for additional hikes on both sides of the broader, the real question is how quickly

Blog Entries
    Investing longterm in CRISPR (Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats) technology is the future to cures and transplants, and like BITCOIN will bring in huge benefits. The problem with this technology in the past is the time and expenses to the tune of $20 million in patent challenges in the USA. However, in the Europe this technology has advanced, so now is the time to start doing your research in this respect.

Interest rate hikes are a necessity, the amount of personal debt Canadians are carrying is staggering! Bitcoin does bring in high benefits but for how long. Blockchain is a much better investment option.

I've been investing in Roman coins for most of this decade, they are a very good buffer to the chaotic stock market. The market for Roman coins in Toronto is limited. I go to NYC to find rare ones. My knowledge of The Roman Empire serves me well, I haven't gone into Byzantine coins yet. Last fall I paid $1230.00 US for a Gracian.

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/num...0Roman%20Coins

I think painting is the safest investment. A famous artist only painted the one you bought once. So there is no duplicate which makes it's rare.

After the famous artist died, then no one can recreate that painting again.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceToMeetYou View Post
    I think painting is the safest investment. A famous artist only painted the one you bought once. So there is no duplicate which makes it's rare.

After the famous artist died, then no one can recreate that painting again.
    I would strongly advice against. Too many fakes. Art galleries have been fooled
    Last edited by Zoot Allures; 07-25-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    Gorgeous guitar solo

https://youtu.be/B9DqykUsqRY

Quote Originally Posted by faveone View Post
    Tried and true. Never fails. Was given this advice years ago. Want to know what to invest in? Take a look at where you spend your money every month. Note these are mostly safe and slow growers but many/most pay dividends!

Costco/Walmart/Loblaws/Home Depot/etc.. take a look and you'll see that each and every one of these major retailers have been killing it for years !!
    Gas companies - every major gas company has done amazing year over year! Price of gas is $1.37 litre?!?!
    This is good advice. Work the dividend side with blue chips and you can rarely go wrong. you will get 5% to 8% on your money and in a low interest rate environment that is not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoot Allures View Post
    I would strongly advice against. Too many fakes. Art galleries have been fooled
    If you can buy / acquire directly from a famous painter while s/he is still alive, then you know that you obtain an authentic painting from the original painter. After the famous painter passes away (assuming you are still alive), you would profit from the painter quite substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by faveone View Post

Can't go wrong with the banks and telecoms. My portfolio is full of them. The dividends essentially fund my hobbying. TD and BMO are undervalued and should be scooped up if you've got the funds and/or room in your TFSA.

I'd be leary of the energy and utility companies. Too much fluctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceToMeetYou View Post
    If you can buy / acquire directly from a famous painter while s/he is still alive, then you know that you obtain an authentic painting from the original painter. After the famous painter passes away (assuming you are still alive), you would profit from the painter quite substantially.
    Do not invest in something you know nothing about.- Warren Buffet
    Last edited by Zoot Allures; 07-29-2018 at 02:28 AM.
    Gorgeous guitar solo

https://youtu.be/B9DqykUsqRY

Blog Entries
    REIT- Real estate investment trusts
    Banks

Quote Originally Posted by tribunus View Post
    Can't go wrong with the banks and telecoms. My portfolio is full of them. The dividends essentially fund my hobbying. TD and BMO are undervalued and should be scooped up if you've got the funds and/or room in your TFSA.

I'd be leary of the energy and utility companies. Too much fluctuation.
    +1 Smart man. Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    Bitcoin does bring in high benefits but for how long.

Not long at all. If you can find someone to buy your bit coin, do it now and thank your lucky stars.

Quote Originally Posted by good to go View Post
    REIT- Real estate investment trusts
    Banks
    REITs are nice but you have to have a tonne of them in order to see tangible income. The good ones like EIF, CAR & SRU pay out $0.11-$0.18 monthly per share but that pales in comparison to CIBC which pays a quarterly dividend of $1.36 per share. Also bank stocks go up/down faster than REITs. But REITs are a safe and solid option.

Turkish currency. Currently on trading at 5.14 per 1 cad

Militarily strong and secure nation. With a productive and educated workforce

No way it stays that high . Might drop for the next year or two, but will eventually stabilize. Can easily double your money

best may not be the safest and safest may not be the best

1 word.....if you are looking for safe..... "GOLD" hands down. I have lots of math to prove it beating inflation and interest cycles . You can find other speculation with way higher returns but with higher volatility and risk . Your question was safest.....

Well, so much for the big banks being a safe investment. Man, it's been a rough few weeks.

I just bought more.

Bankruptcy fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Namay View Post
    I think that investing in cryptocurrency is a thing. But some may say: "wait, is it still relevant?". Definitely. The market is growing. I remember a time when bitcoin literally exploded and started costing enormously a lot. And it wasn't the end of its growth. Since that, I try not to miss anything that's concerned with it. On www.join-to-bitcoin.top I read all the latest crypto news. Feel free to join it.

Worst advice on this thread.

Crypto currencies will not end well. Bit-coin is nothing more than a way to transmit money and there are lots of ways to do that. The only reason bitcoin grows in value is because other people are willing to pay more due to the FOMO factor. Eventually, the bottom will fall out of the pyramid.

Gold and shares of blue chips. What can be more stable??? I invest in such way and never have any problems with my founds

Toronto real estate!...20 years ago :-)

Wills.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast