Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 217 to 233 of 233

Thread: Jerusalem decision will precipitate greater chaos.

  1. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Factually incorrect. There is not a single Israeli in Gaza and Gaza has had it's own government for more than a decade.
    Uh, do you live on this planet or read the news ever?
    http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Co...-border-542862

    You don't think the fact that Israel has a wall around Gaza with snipers who shoot farmers and kids who get too close to it, and with tanks driving around shooting, is really evidence that Israel is militarily occupying Gaza?

    You don't think that the UN knows the legal situation?

    UN's Mideast envoy says Israel responsible for 'catastrophic' situation in Gaza Strip
    https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/inter...r-catastrophic

  2. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    ...
    You don't think the fact that Israel has a wall around Gaza with snipers who shoot farmers and kids who get too close to it, and with tanks driving around shooting, is really evidence that Israel is militarily occupying Gaza?

    ...
    Just as much as the US is occupying Canada. Actually there are American enforcement officials working in Canada so I take that back.

    Why are you afraid to criticize the Hamas millionaires who have created the situation? Even the PA has created a far better standard of life for their people.

  3. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Just as much as the US is occupying Canada. .
    That's hilarious as well, you're on a roll today.

    Now you think the US is occupying Canada but that Israel isn't occupying Gaza?
    Totally hilarious.

    Here's the official statement by the body whose opinions matter much more then yours.

    UN's Mideast envoy says Israel responsible for 'catastrophic' situation in Gaza Strip
    https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/inter...r-catastrophic

  4. #220
    You do realize the quote you posted has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether Israel is occupying Gaza.

    Comparing Gaza to the West Bank makes it clear that the difference in standard of living is a result of the governance (or lack thereof). The only thing that Hamas governance has accomplished in Gaza is to make Abbas look good. Even ignoring the fact Hamas uses Gaza to pad their personal net worths, their choice to turn Gaza into a terror base is the reason why Israel needs to enforce border restrictions.

  5. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    You do realize the quote you posted has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether Israel is occupying Gaza.
    Here, from the ICC.
    As a result of the Six-Day War in 1967, Israel acquired control over the
    territory of Gaza. In September 2005, Israel completed its unilateral
    withdrawal from Gaza, including dismantling its settlements and
    withdrawing its forces. Israel has maintained that following the 2005
    disengagement, it is no longer an occupying power in Gaza. By contrast, it
    may be argued that Israel nonetheless remains an occupying power as a
    result of the scope and degree of control that Israel has retained over the
    territory of Gaza – a position that the Office has previously taken in the
    context of the preliminary examination of the situation referred by the
    Government of the Union of Comoros.
    1
    https://www.icc-cpi.int/iccdocs/otp/...rep-PE_ENG.pdf

    The ICC says Israel is occupying Gaza.
    You lose again.

  6. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Here, from the ICC.

    https://www.icc-cpi.int/iccdocs/otp/...rep-PE_ENG.pdf

    The ICC says Israel is occupying Gaza.
    You lose again.
    Try that literacy again.

    "it may be argued" is not saying it is.

  7. #223
    p.s. Why is it you don't want to discuss the impact of PA vs Hamas governance on differences in standard of living?

  8. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Try that literacy again.

    "it may be argued" is not saying it is.
    That ICC report says it has been successfully argued, citing the example case.

    Israeli occupation of Gaza is the reason why it has turned into the Gaza death camp.

  9. #225
    Only in your hate filled world do you take a statement from the ICC saying "IT MAY BE ARGUED" and claim it is fact.


    And it is amusing how you desperately want to avoid discussing why the standard of living in the West Bank is so much higher than Gaza.

  10. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Only in your hate filled world do you take a statement from the ICC saying "IT MAY BE ARGUED" and claim it is fact.
    Check their Israel/Palestine reports.
    Because it WAS argued successfully.

  11. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Check their Israel/Palestine reports.
    Because it WAS argued successfully.
    When they argued to themselves ...

    It is clear that the West Bank is much better off than Gaza and they are the same Palestinian people. The only difference is Hamas vs. the PA which quite clearly shows Israel isn't the problem.

  12. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    When they argued to themselves ...

    It is clear that the West Bank is much better off than Gaza and they are the same Palestinian people. The only difference is Hamas vs. the PA which quite clearly shows Israel isn't the problem.
    Yes, Israel's attack on Hamas has turned into the war crime of collective punishment and a total emergency situation.
    http://gulfnews.com/news/mena/palest...y-un-1.2169176

  13. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Yes, Israel's attack on Hamas ...
    What ever happened to your "both sides" bullshit? Whenever you say it I hear Trump using the same 'both sides' claim.

    Why are you so afraid to admit that Hamas is responsible for a good chunk of Gaza's issues? The only major difference between Gaza and the West Bank is that Gaza has been run by a terrorist organization more interested in Israel's destruction rather than helping their people. of course you think Israel should be helping Hamas in their terrorist goals.

    And just as another example, Israel just destroyed another attack tunnel but with concrete and a workforce that Hamas could have used to better people's lives but instead they wasted it on their violent goals. And that improvement could be made even without Meshaal's billions stolen from the people.

  14. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post

    Why are you so afraid to admit that Hamas is responsible for a good chunk of Gaza's issues?
    Because Israel is occupying Gaza and controlling it through their war crime blockade.
    That's the issue, not Hamas.

  15. #231
    Why are you afraid to admit that Gaza's problems are because of Hamas terrorism and corruption? Is it you support Hamas violence and corruption or is it because your elitist racism has you believing that Arabs aren't responsible for their actions?

  16. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Why are you afraid to admit that Gaza's problems are because of Hamas
    Because Israel is occupying Gaza and your views are blinded by your hatred of Palestinians.
    I won't join you in your hate party.

    Israel needs to treat the people they occupy humanely, end the occupation and give all people under their rule equal rights.
    Hamas is not the problem.

    Apartheid Israeli rule is the problem.

  17. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Because Israel is occupying Gaza...
    Repeating the same falsehood doesn't make it any more true. Israel is 'occupying' Gaza exactly as much as Egypt is (yet you don't dare criticize them).

    And it is pathetic that you continually look for excuses not to criticize Hamas. Their polices and acts of terrorism and destruction are THE reason for Israeli policies in Gaza, policies Israel does not have in the West Bank. That means it is clearly about government policy, not race like you try and pretend.

    If Israel and Egypt allowed free imports into Gaza, Hamas would simply continue to waste building supplies on attack tunnels and money on weaponry instead of helping their people and you are okay with it simply because they agree with you that Israel should be destroyed.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •