Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canada Men's Olympic ice hockey roster unveiled

Half Man Half Amazing

Canada Men's Olympic ice hockey roster unveiled

https://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada-unv...oster-1.965278

There's a few former NHL'ers on there. One name that stood out to me was local boy Wojtek Wolski. Super skilled forward surprised he never made it in the NHL. I hope Scrivens gets the starting nod at goaltender.

I shine and rise at the same time.

Youngest player is 25.
    Interesting to see how that pans out.
    It is a short tourney however.
    Good luck.

It's a crappy team.
    White dude fucks black babe.

Quote Originally Posted by K Douglas View Post
    Wojtek Wolski. Super skilled forward surprised he never made it in the NHL...
    I wouldn't say never made it in the NHL.

He played long enough to earn his NHL pension (451 games, 99 goals, 168 assists), parts or all of 9 seasons.

Well, this is a good development. It will save me hours. I don't intend to watch third rate hockey. Disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    It's a crappy team.
    Not too sure how the selection process was thought out, but why not just send the Canadian junior team? How about a team of AHL Canadian all stars? What about a combination of the juniors and minor league players? Why not select one Canadian player from each NHL team, similar to how the Golden Knights picked their team?
    Why not send a team of retired NHLer's for the fan factor?
    Yes, that is me with my new whistle

Mostly I'm disappointed in the Canadian "stars". All they had to do is tell their teams that they're going and that would have been the end of the story. When the chips were on the table they folded like a cheap suit. So much for the high honor of representing their country. I'll be pvring ski jumping.

waaaaaay better then watching a ho hum who gives a ratz azz NHL all star game.

Go Canada Go!

The Juniors are exploited enough already, serious negotiations concerning pay would take place for them to participate.

The NHL needs new revenue streams to grow the game. The World Juniors isn't working, Buffalo is proof of that. And no growth can be expected by suborning hockey to an event like the Olympics. The only way to grow the game is through a stand alone World Cup. Once the WC is established, more countries will take hockey seriously. Look what happened to rugby once their WC was established.

Still Go Canada Go!

Quote Originally Posted by jcpro View Post
    Mostly I'm disappointed in the Canadian "stars". All they had to do is tell their teams that they're going and that would have been the end of the story. When the chips were on the table they folded like a cheap suit. So much for the high honor of representing their country. I'll be pvring ski jumping.
    That’s all they had to do? End of story.

Sorry but it was hardly that simple.

I'm cheering for Canada.

It's basically a Spengler Cup team but so what.

Go Canada Go!

Its a shame the roster isn't packed with NHL players.

I've no interest in the All Star games, the regular season I don't follow like I used to. But live for the NHL playoffs, and have come to love the Olympics with all teams using NHL guys.
    The games between Canada and USA have been so intense.

Certainly hope Canada still does well, but just wish all countries were able to dress the best they could for this.

Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

Quote Originally Posted by maurice93 View Post

I thought they did not want to travel half way around the world to an opposite time zone. The other concern voiced was that PyeongChang was referred to as a shit-hole.
    Yes, that is me with my new whistle

Blog Entries
    Does anyone knows if the Russian players from the KHL are going? That would make them the favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by maurice93 View Post

Isn't it? The NHL would punish Crosby or any other elite player? If only they've showed some solidarity... Instead, we'll get not quite good enough for the prime time players and a second rate tournament. I don't care how much lipstick the cheerleaders put on that pig, it's still a pig.

Quote Originally Posted by ultistar View Post
    Does anyone knows if the Russian players from the KHL are going? That would make them the favorites.
    Apparently 13 KHL are going.
    It is my hope that Bernie Sanders will run as an independent candidate in the 2020 presidential election.

Well I guess Bver is a Trump Supporter..........

Half Man Half Amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by gcostanza View Post
    I wouldn't say never made it in the NHL.

He played long enough to earn his NHL pension (451 games, 99 goals, 168 assists), parts or all of 9 seasons.
    I'm surprised his #'s were that high to be honest. Still I thought he had potential to be a star player in the NHL for years.

This Canadian hockey team may win a medal after all. There is no clear cut favorite. Any 6 teams can win it; AOR, Canada, Sweden, Finland, USA, Czech Rep.

Putin gets his bragging right of Olympic gold in hockey and Canada loses bronze medal game

Why are there no NHL players this year? That's really lame. Don't tell me it was some way to give some other teams a chance other than Canada.

The Olympic tournament was the closest thing Hockey had to a World Cup with all the best players from the best teams playing in a once every 4 year tournament with the world spotlight on them.

It was basically the only time many people, myself included actually watched hockey, but now I don't know if I want to anymore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbons#1 View Post
    Why are there no NHL players this year? That's really lame. Don't tell me it was some way to give some other teams a chance other than Canada.

The Olympic tournament was the closest thing Hockey had to a World Cup with all the best players from the best teams playing in a once every 4 year tournament with the world spotlight on them.

It was basically the only time many people, myself included actually watched hockey, but now I don't know if I want to anymore.
    You seem very passionate so it is odd that you do not know the reason. It was a story for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by thailover View Post
    Putin gets his bragging right of Olympic gold in hockey and Canada loses bronze medal game
    Except no Russian flag will be raised. LOL!

Half Man Half Amazing
    Canada has won all of it's warm up games outscoring their opponents 8-1. The best was a 4-1 win over Sweden. I'm pretty confident we get in the medals but the favorite has to be the Russians as they have many of their premier skaters playing including Kovalchuk, Datsyuk, Shipachyov, Gusev, Kalinin & Voynov (remember he was expelled from NHL for beating his wife).

Gold - Russia
    Silver - Canada
    Bronze - Sweden

Blog Entries
    I think it is a wild card this year.

OAR lost their first game. It could be a team like Slovakia or the Czechs who are usually competitive most games and don't have as many NHLers like Can or US or Poutine's boys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast