Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 TFC Season Thread

Well, at least I get some satisfaction, fucking Juve. The away goal is a little troubling, now they have to go into Azteca Stadium.

TFC advance to CONCACAF Champions league final with a 1-1 tie in Mexico. They will play Guadalajara in the finals. Leg 1 in Toronto April 17 and Leg 2 in Guadalajara April 24.

April 10 2018, a day that will echo in eternity.

TFC makes the breakthrough to the Final, Sancho pitches a near no-hitter against the Orioles and Hannibal gets crushed by the Romans.

I was surprised to learn that the Concacaf CL has been going since 1962, Mexico has dominated. DC United win it 2000 and LA Galaxy in 02.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post

I was surprised to learn that the Concacaf CL has been going since 1962, Mexico has dominated. DC United win it 2000 and LA Galaxy in 02.
    Yes but it was called a different name back then before MLS.

TFC ii (USL team) or C squad lost to Colorado Rapids. The big guns are resting for Tuesday match against Chivas for the CONCACAF Champs final.

If Roma can overturn a 3 goal deficit against Barcelona, TFC can score in Guadalajara.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    If Roma can overturn a 3 goal deficit against Barcelona, TFC can score in Guadalajara.
    TFC need to score 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbons#1 View Post
    TFC need to score 2.
    TFC is capable of that. They had many chances but it was a night were they couldn't finish. Bad Luck.

TFC ii (USL) team will head to Houston and the big club will head to Mexico early to get ready in the nice Mexican sun.

Are we basically throwing the league this season in search for the champions league?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbons#1 View Post
    Are we basically throwing the league this season in search for the champions league?
    No they are not doing that.

Final game on Wednesday and then it's back MLS season. Don't need to finish first, just top 6 in the conference and make the playoffs and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    No they are not doing that.

Final game on Wednesday and then it's back MLS season. Don't need to finish first, just top 6 in the conference and make the playoffs and go from there.

We do need to finish first. That's what Championships team do.

Sneaking your foot in the door just to squeeze in is what separates Winners from Wanna-be's.
    "So it goes without saying she's the queen of the Nile,
    Lion Woman with the crooked smile...

...you got the nerve, who's gonna win?
    Boy, you're playing with a dangerous thing!"

~ Bryan 'Avalon' Ferry C.B.E.

Don Draper's Guide to Picking Up Women

TFC just need to make the playoffs, if that means fielding your USL team then so be it

Quote Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post

We do need to finish first. That's what Championships team do.

Sneaking your foot in the door just to squeeze in is what separates Winners from Wanna-be's.
    There is parity in MLS any team that makes the playoffs can win. Fact is not many 1st place team have the MLS Cup. Different from European leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    There is parity in MLS any team that makes the playoffs can win. Fact is not many 1st place team have the MLS Cup. Different from European leagues.
    That's my point, MLS should follow the European model if it wants to be taken seriously.

It should match up its calendar with the rest of the world so it leaves the proper window open during major summer tournaments like the Euro or World Cup.

No more than 20 teams in the top league. RELEGATION! That's what the NASL is for.

It shouldn't pander to lowbrow north american sport nuance, it should rise to elevate itself to the best possible level.

"So it goes without saying she's the queen of the Nile,
    Lion Woman with the crooked smile...

...you got the nerve, who's gonna win?
    Boy, you're playing with a dangerous thing!"

~ Bryan 'Avalon' Ferry C.B.E.

Don Draper's Guide to Picking Up Women

That would be nice Don but the NASL is close to bankruptcy again.

MLS could structure their schedule like Argentina with a operatura (fall season) and a closetura (late winter, spring season) but it's not feasible to operate like Europe in North America.

At least TFC wont have to compete for The Blather Cup in December, meaningless vanity tournament.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12