Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172
Results 1,705 to 1,713 of 1713

Thread: Blue Jays 2018 Season (Good Riddance 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by gcostanza View Post
    McCullers/Verlander were both very outspoken about the Danny Vasquez situation
    Not really: http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/mlb/n...q1d8oj3ic1slua

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil C. McNasty View Post
    I do too.

I got a feeling his fastball will top out around 95 clicks in 2019 or so, which means Jays are fucked and will have to look for another short reliever
    The only silver lining is that they will be bad enough that some blown saves will make no difference as to whether or not they make the playoffs.

Indisputably, having Osuna would have been much better for the Jays than Giles. The big problem for shapeero is that Osuna was not acquired during shapee's tenure. God forbid that an impact player that AA acquired is still on the team.

Any spec on who will be Gibby's replacement? "Yes man" Wedge has to be at the top of the list.
    Last edited by shack; 09-19-2018 at 04:23 AM.

my top 3 choices for manager - with absolutely no inside knowledge

1. Sandy Alomar (cleveland connection, terry francona connection, roberto alomar connection)

2. Curtis Granderson - agreat guy and great baseball knowledge

3. Joe Girardi - might help us beat the yankees

ok, tell me why i am nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Nad Smith View Post
    ok, tell me why i am nuts
    Because you got the right surname but the wrong given name.

If I were in Shapiro's shoes, I would pick Robbie Alomar.

Perry
    "A trip around the world is not a cruise."

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    My comment of "he is toxic and the fans are staying away in droves" was very tongue in cheek. My guess is that in the long run there will be minimal bad PR. A winning performance washes away a lot of baggage.

I highly doubt that he would have been any major drag on the team if we'd kept him. The argument could have very easily been made that he paid a price (half a season), he is remorseful and a changed person and we will stick by him and give him a second chance albeit with a short leash.

Sorry, didn't pick up on the sarcasm.

Official Cyclops Wrangler
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Rig View Post
    Agree. If found guilty he may be banned from the U SA. Houston is rolling the dice. Jays had to dump him for publicity reasons

Simple assault doesn't get you banned from anywhere, much less the USA, much less when you're a star athlete.
    After 30 years hobbying and 15 years on TERB, maybe I should write my memoirs. I'd call them..... "If these Balls could talk".

Official Cyclops Wrangler
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgger View Post
    I am a Gibby fan but I don't see him on the level of excellence either, what has he won and/or where has he excelled? I think he did a decent job with what he had to work with but there is nothing to show for it! Just say thanks and good luck!

Gibby needed to win the WS in either 2015 or 2016 to be put on the LoE. That's what the criteria really is for a manager.
    After 30 years hobbying and 15 years on TERB, maybe I should write my memoirs. I'd call them..... "If these Balls could talk".

Time for some ballgirl action. I think I see Kathleen there somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by oagre View Post

Gibby needed to win the WS in either 2015 or 2016 to be put on the LoE. That's what the criteria really is for a manager.

yeah, without that I'm not even sure why it's a discussion.

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172