Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Blue Jays 2018 Season (Good Riddance 2017)

Tulo's bone spurs are not serious, he should be fit soon:

https://www.tsn.ca/tulowitzki-dealin...-heel-1.999051

Troy Tulowitzki is dealing with a bone spur in his heel, but Gibbons doesn’t expect it to be much of a problem next week: “The ankle feels fine. He had a little bone spur in his heel that was aggravating him, but he should be good to go when he gets here.”

He's looking at possibly 20 years in prison

https://nypost.com/2018/02/14/ex-yan...ing-different/

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Stroman not happy he lost arbitration and what was said. Thats not good

http://torontosun.com/sports/basebal...in-arbitration
    Last edited by Phil C. McNasty; 02-15-2018 at 07:20 PM.

I see that the Jays picked up Jaime Garcia for $8 mil. Good acquisition, good pitcher.

Whoop Dee Doo for Garcia.

And I can't be the only one that's sick of this little shit Stroman's diva act?

Official Cyclops Wrangler
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
    On CP24, they announced this as Marco Estrada. It lasted for for about 2 or 3 minutes and then it changed to Esteban Loaiza.

I guess the CP 24 programmer read the AP or Reuters report, saw "mexican" and former "Blue Jay" and typed in Estrada. It didn't take long to rectify this as someone on a keyboard got a swift slap to the back of the head and a clear "smarten up" in his ear.
    Besides baseball, Loaiza is also known for appearing on the reality show, I Love Jenni, which starred his then-wife, singer Jenni Rivera. She died in a 2012 plane crash as the two were in the process of getting divorced.

And this is a surprise??....

Crime connected athlete's wife mysteriously dies just when she is suing the dude for divorce (and alimony and a property settlement). Now THAT was convenient for Esteban!
    After 30 years hobbying and 15 years on TERB, maybe I should write my memoirs. I'd call them..... "If these Balls could talk".

Stro, if you didnt care about the extra $400K then why did you take it to arbitration??

http://torontosun.com/sports/basebal...different-tune

Quote Originally Posted by Phil C. McNasty View Post
    Stro, if you didnt care about the extra $400K then why did you take it to arbitration??

I saw some of the story doing cardio at the gym, but had no idea why Sto was so upset.
    Thanks for sharing the article.

Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

New Photo Video from Backpage

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil C. McNasty View Post

Agree. But I also think the same can be said of the Jays. Is it worth the possible ill-will of their opening day pitcher, for $400k?

Maybe we can set up a gofundme kind of thing to raise the $200,000 so Stroman and the Jays could have met in the middle? Heck I made $50000 last year, spent about $1000 at Jays games, I can kick in $20 to make the team and the pitcher happy.

my serious point is that when you are fairly close in negotiation, you split the difference 6.7, shake hands, and go play baseball...should not have gone to arbitration

Quote Originally Posted by Nad Smith View Post
    my serious point is that when you are fairly close in negotiation, you split the difference 6.7, shake hands, and go play baseball...should not have gone to arbitration
    The Atlanta baseball team went to arbitration with one of their players,
    the difference there was $100.000.
    The ballclub offered to split the difference, player said no.
    Atlanta won the arbitration decision.

I think it was Shi Davidi on the FAN590 who mentioned that the number each side presents to the arbitrator is not necessarily the last number they offered in negotiations.

The Original Elf
    Stroman has a lot of growing up to do. Whether he will or not is the question. The tantrum looks bad on him.
    "A voice of reason in a sea of madness"

Blog Entries

Shapeero makes an impact move

I just heard Donaldson say that contract talks have broken down between him and the Jays and he says that he will become a free agent at the end of the year.

Shapeero continues his game plan of "going for it". We may have underestimated the work this man can do.

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    I just heard Donaldson say that contract talks have broken down between him and the Jays and he says that he will become a free agent at the end of the year.

Shapeero continues his game plan of "going for it". We may have underestimated the work this man can do.
    Too old and too injury prone at this stage. Should have traded him prior to last season, while he was close to peak ROI. Now the best you can hope for is a few draft picks.

I still have faith in the new mgmt team. Short term may suffer while the old regime decisions are flushed out. The ideal scenario is where there is a continuous flow of talent from the minors year after year rather than the old model of build for a few years, contend, get old & over priced, then tear down.

Quote Originally Posted by Keebler Elf View Post
    Stroman has a lot of growing up to do. Whether he will or not is the question. The tantrum looks bad on him.
    He needs a reality check that he's a 4th or 5th starter on most good teams

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post

lol. I think the jays will be quite active at this year's trading deadline...as sellers. We had three pretty fun years in a row...now it's to the back of the bus, again.

Official Cyclops Wrangler
    Quote Originally Posted by mclarkez1980 View Post
    No, he's considerably better than that. But what was once charming about him having his "emotions out in the open" is now getting really, really old.

It's like having the pretty 17 year old high school head cheerleader on your baseball team, complete with drama, tears, rah-rah speeches, modelling shoots and non stop selfies.
    After 30 years hobbying and 15 years on TERB, maybe I should write my memoirs. I'd call them..... "If these Balls could talk".

..... Now the best you can hope for is a few draft picks.
    That could be problematic.

Do tell, what 4th/5th starters had a W.A.R. of 6.0 in 2017?

Now the best you can hope for is a few draft picks.
    You can trade for draft picks in MLB????? when did that happen?

Blog Entries
    Donaldson-Too old and too injury prone at this stage. Should have traded him prior to last season.
    Stroman-He needs a reality check that he's a 4th or 5th starter on most good teams
    Now we know that Donaldson and Stroman are both shit.

We need the second comings of George Brett and Sandy Koufax.

Blue Jays win their first ST game 1-0.

We're in 1st place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=m.../09p14;dt;fp;1

Lol, let's plan the parade.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718