Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Jays 2018 Season (Good Riddance 2017)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Mason View Post
    Yes.

Though "contend" is always a relative term; it depends also on what other teams are doing...
    That`s the point, isn`t it? Did shapeero give Gibby enough talent to make the playoffs? Most years that would require over 90 wins. It is unreasonable to assume that every player will have a career year. Actually, maybe 1 or 2 will do that. Others will have below average years. There are always injuries. The Jays do not have depth.

IMO, with the typical trials and tribulations of every team, I don`t seem to recall even a single pre-season media prediction of the Jays making the playoffs. Not one. But now people seem to think that they have lots of talent and that if half the team does not have career years it is Gibbons` fault. In the off-season, when the Jays were building their roster, all we heard (including from me, admittedly) were the lamentations that the Jays picked up a bunch of no-name retreads while other contenders were making significant acquisitions. I don`t recall anybody on TERB being excited at the time we made those moves that this was going to now be a strong and contending team.

People don`t like Gibbons` style and want to fire him, fine. But shapeero threw a bunch of shit at the wall and hoped enough of it would stick to keep attendance/interest reasonable, but not seriously expecting a playoff calibre team. If Gibbons lasts the whole season and they play even one game above .500, he`d be a miracle worker.

Agree with Shack. Jays management wants to put bums in seats by keeping us in contention for last wild card. This needed quality years from our starters . This has not happened and now our one star pitcher is suspended.

We have kept in contention for last wild card because we have scored more runs in late innings than anyone else in baseball. WTF is all I can say. When teams bring in their best relievers it is only then that we score runs? This is a quirk that will not continue . We are a .400 club.

Trade vets for whatever youth you can get to compliment the stars in our farm system. Use the free agent route to fill in gaps and we may contend as soon as next year, but this year is over.

Is Osuna done for the year, Shi Davidi and Jeff Blair saying they don't expect him back and he is done as a Jay.

Official Cyclops Wrangler
    Quote Originally Posted by silk123 View Post
    Is Osuna done for the year, Shi Davidi and Jeff Blair saying they don't expect him back and he is done as a Jay.
    Say it ain't so, Joe!!!
    After 30 years hobbying and 15 years on TERB, maybe I should write my memoirs. I'd call them..... "If these Balls could talk".

It could be career ending because it may involve visas and work permits both into the US and Canada...

Usually on "minor" assaults the accused is issued a summons or Notice to Appear. The fact that he was arrested implies it is not a "minor" case...

"Zero Tolerance" really means zero tolerance!

I am sure there is a lot of backroom talk/negotiations going on... and a lot of pressure on the lady involved to withdraw her allegations in order not to end his career.

Perry
    "A trip around the world is not a cruise."

Vlad hit a dinger into a hotel

I like beer. I still like beer

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rig View Post
    We are a .400 club.
    You see the Blue Jays finishing no better than 65 and 97?
    i'd take some of that action.

Troy Tulowitzki has started running and is taking groundballs.
    He’ll take live BP this week

Great another player who's brittle and has lost bat speed. And Kendrys Morales is doing a great Earnie Wiff imitation.

And you can hear the "Rombo di Tuono" (rolling thunder) coming from Manchester.

The Original Elf
    Quote Originally Posted by gcostanza View Post
    Until he gets a splinter from his bat and goes back on the DL...
    "A voice of reason in a sea of madness"

It could be career ending because it may involve visas and work permits both into the US and Canada...

Usually on "minor" assaults the accused is issued a summons or Notice to Appear. The fact that he was arrested implies it is not a "minor" case...

I am sure there is a lot of backroom talk/negotiations going on... and a lot of pressure on the lady involved to withdraw her allegations in order not to end his career.

Perry
    I thought under Canadian law the cops can still prosecute him even if his girlfriend doesn't want to testify or press charges against him.

Or do I have that wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by gcostanza View Post
    Tulo&AA Part II in Atlanta? Please make my wish comes true! LOL

Official Cyclops Wrangler

Perry
    Arrest is standard on a domestic assault because the accused has to agree to "no contact" terms re the complainant, or else be sent to a bail hearing to discuss those terms.

I am still hoping that the assault was very minor and Osuna will be "PARSed out" of the criminal justice system very quickly without a finding of guilt or a conviction.
    After 30 years hobbying and 15 years on TERB, maybe I should write my memoirs. I'd call them..... "If these Balls could talk".

Pat Tabler commented that today's Jays-Mets game (light rain conditions) reminded him of the the time that the Jays played the Yankees in similar conditions and wanted to make the game official by striking out intentionally in order to get Jack Morris his 20th win of the season. Alfredo Griffin struck out intentionally by swinging at a wild pitch that went to the back stop, this is funny LOL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unassuming View Post
    Pat Tabler commented that today's Jays-Mets game (light rain conditions) reminded him of the the time that the Jays played the Yankees in similar conditions and wanted to make the game official by striking out intentionally in order to get Jack Morris his 20th win of the season. Alfredo Griffin struck out intentionally by swinging at a wild pitch that went to the back stop, this is funny LOL!

I remember that vividly.

Terrific start by Happ today, 7 IP, 0 ER just 2 hits allowed, zero walks. Helped out his own cause at the plate by going 2 for 3 with 2 runs scored. Hopefully this will inspire the other starters.

Quote Originally Posted by oagre View Post

I am still hoping that the assault was very minor.
    From what I understand, it wasn't minor. She sustained some significant damage, and it was the concierge that called the police because someone was in distress. This could be major problems for Osuna.

Quote Originally Posted by black booty lover View Post
    From what I understand, it wasn't minor. She sustained some significant damage, and it was concierge that called the police because someone was in distress. This could be major problems for Osuna.
    I am hearing that "she" is biologically a "he"!!!

Makes sense why he went psycho!!!

Where are you guys getting this information about the victim??????

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOODG View Post

Where did you hear that??

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOODG View Post

Don't know where your getting that from. I thought I read somewhere is was with the same girl he just sired and child with.

Not sure how legit this site is, but according to Dean Blundell Osuna allegedly “threw a few punches and also threw his GF down a set of stairs.”.
    He was arrested by 14 division cops (which is Parkdale area):

https://deanblundell.com/source-toro...set-of-stairs/

If thats true thats definitely not cool. It all happened around 2AM so I'm guessing alcohol might have been involved

That's some serious shit if true, hope his career is not over.

A season of surprises so far. I was expecting much more from the starters and Osuna who seemed to be growing into a star, what a mess.

So we have in contrast a strong bullpen and some pleasant new batting strength.

Totally unpredictable.