Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Blue Jays 2018 Season (Good Riddance 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil C. McNasty View Post
    I dunno, but rumor has it Ruth was a heavy drinker back in the days.
    He could stay out till 2am and next day hit 4 homers
    He was also a sex fiend and monger. Would work his way through a white house.

One story from his roommate was he had girl back to his room and kept him up all night with the noise. They saw each other in the common room of the suite and his roomie asked him how many times he banged her.

The Babe had a habit of fucking and then coming out to smoke a cigar. He pointed at the ashtray.

There were seven cigars.
    Unlike other I don't need to compensate my shortcomings with a big sig.

Official Cyclops Wrangler
    Blue Jays Jump From No. 20 to No. 7 in Baseball America’s Organizational Talent Rankings
    January 29, 2018, 12:30 PM | Cam Lewis

The Blue Jays system took a massive step forward over the past year. According to Baseball America, Toronto has the No. 7 ranked farm system in all of baseball, a huge jump from No. 20 where they ranked at this time last year.

https://bluejaysnation.com/2018/01/2...edium=facebook
    After 30 years hobbying and 15 years on TERB, maybe I should write my memoirs. I'd call them..... "If these Balls could talk".

Quote Originally Posted by Butler1000 View Post
    He was also a sex fiend and monger. Would work his way through a white house.

One story from his roommate was he had girl back to his room and kept him up all night with the noise. They saw each other in the common room of the suite and his roomie asked him how many times he banged her.

The Babe had a habit of fucking and then coming out to smoke a cigar. He pointed at the ashtray.

There were seven cigars.
    The Babe was a Stud. He had a dick the size of a baseball bat - and I don't mean the pint-sized excuses for so-called baseball bats that the players use today. He had nuts the size of major league certified hardballs and a ballsack as worn and leathery as a catcher's mitt. The only reason he DIDN'T hit 4 dingers in a game - or 5, 6 or 11 for that matter - is because that would be showing off. And that was against the Babe's Code. After each double-header at old Yankee Stadium, the Babe would suck back exactly 53 bottles of cherry red soda pop and methodically work his way through the bordellos and whorehouses in the Bowery and Greenwich Village, mounting each and every girl and leaving her exhausted and satiated on the couch. And after each girl, the Babe would cool off the steaming, supersized Louisville Slugger that swung between his bulging thighs with a 50 gallon keg of specially-chilled Old Milwaukee and move on to the next. After double-headers against the Red Sox, the Babe would perform this feat, not once but twice. Just because he hated the Sox for railroading him out of town and he needed to work off some of that extra tension................
    After 30 years hobbying and 15 years on TERB, maybe I should write my memoirs. I'd call them..... "If these Balls could talk".

Quote Originally Posted by oagre View Post
    The Babe was a Stud. He had a dick the size of a baseball bat - and I don't mean the pint-sized excuses for so-called baseball bats that the players use today. He had nuts the size of major league certified hardballs and a ballsack as worn and leathery as a catcher's mitt. The only reason he DIDN'T hit 4 dingers in a game - or 5, 6 or 11 for that matter - is because that would be showing off. And that was against the Babe's Code. After each double-header at old Yankee Stadium, the Babe would suck back exactly 53 bottles of cherry red soda pop and methodically work his way through the bordellos and whorehouses in the Bowery and Greenwich Village, mounting each and every girl and leaving her exhausted and satiated on the couch. And after each girl, the Babe would cool off the steaming, supersized Louisville Slugger that swung between his bulging thighs with a 50 gallon keg of specially-chilled Old Milwaukee and move on to the next. After double-headers against the Red Sox, the Babe would perform this feat, not once but twice. Just because he hated the Sox for railroading him out of town and he needed to work off some of that extra tension................
    Oagre I'm not sure why you chose to lessen his accomplishments..........
    Unlike other I don't need to compensate my shortcomings with a big sig.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...36ac8ad534.jpg

Blue Jays Jump From No. 20 to No. 7 in Baseball America’s Organizational Talent Rankings
    Do we now??

Based on what exactly???

Quote Originally Posted by Butler1000 View Post
    Oagre I'm not sure why you chose to lessen his accomplishments..........
    Just when I thought no one could top what I wrote...........

I'm surprised that no one has reported that the Jays have signed John Axford and his 6.43 ERA from 2017. World Series here we come!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyAndy2 View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has reported that the Jays have signed John Axford and his 6.43 ERA from 2017. World Series here we come!
    I really get pissed off when Cheapeero is not given full credit for his efforts.

He also signed relief pitcher Jake Petricka and outfielder Dayan Viciedo. Two studs. He is not skimping on salaries either as they will make a combined $3.8M next year. Ho-lee shit.

He really is going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    I really get pissed off when Cheapeero is not given full credit for his efforts.

He also signed relief pitcher Jake Petricka and outfielder Dayan Viciedo. Two studs. He is not skimping on salaries either as they will make a combined $3.8M next year. Ho-lee shit.

He really is going for it
    Especially when you consider there's still some really good free agents left

Blog Entries
    Especially when you consider there's still some really good free agents left
    Phil. I am already hurting about our prospects for the season. Please do not rub it in. That is one of the cruellest posts you've made to me.

Phil. I am already hurting about our prospects for the season. Please do not rub it in. That is one of the cruellest posts you've made to me
    Here's some more hurt for you, Darvish just signed a mega-deal with Cubbies:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...th-126-million

Blog Entries

The Cubs are obviously not "going for it" the way the Jays are.

I'm beginning to think AA was let go and Shitpiro was hired just so Jays can save money and finish a few games above .500 and make it look like they're contending

Blog Entries

So was last year just a bad blip/off year for Darvish or is it the start of a decline. He was 10-12 and was atrocious in the WS.

Blog Entries
    I'm beginning to think AA was let go and Shitpiro was hired just so Jays can save money and finish a few games above .500 and make it look like they're contending
    I don't think they are fooling anyone. And I think they will not be close to .500 by years' end.

So was last year just a bad blip/off year for Darvish or is it the start of a decline. He was 10-12 and was atrocious in the WS
    IMO just an off-year. He's only 31 so he should have at least 3 or 4 decent years left in him.

6-year deal was too long though, but the Cubs have the money, so what do they care??!!

IMO just an off-year. He's only 31 so he should have at least 3 or 4 decent years left in him.

6-year deal was too long though, but the Cubs have the money, so what do they care??!!
    When you sign a star for great sums of money, you immediately get a return. Ticket sales go up as well as TV $ . So the actual cost of the star may be zero, indeed, the owners may see a profit from the signing. Worse case scenario the star flops. In that case owners only recoup some of the contract and eat the rest. The buying of the free agent is a well thought out business decision, not a crazy spending of money.

The star is overpaid because pro sports is a monopoly and the star player is taking advantage of the monopolistic situation fortune has placed him in.

When Babe Ruth demanded a fat contract he got it. When asked why he should be paid more than the President he replied he had a better year. That was before fat TV contracts and players union..

First Blue Jay spring training game is in 11 days vs. Phillies

Ex-Jay Esteban Loaiza is in big, big trouble:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/12/ex-yan...-drug-kingpin/

Ex-Yankees pitcher busted as alleged drug kingpin

Journeyman starting pitcher Esteban Loaiza was arrested Friday in San Diego with over 20 kilograms of cocaine and/or heroin, according to police documents. That translates to over 44 pounds of heavy drugs.

Loaiza is being held in South Bay Detention Facility on $200,000 bail. His next court hearing is Wednesday. According to online records, Loaiza was arrested at 6 p.m. Pacific time Friday, and also is facing felony charges of possessing and transporting a controlled substance with intent to sell.

Loaiza spent 14 seasons in the major leagues, including a brief stint in 2004 with the Yankees. The 46-year-old Mexico native also pitched for the Pirates, Blue Jays, White Sox, Nationals, Athletics and Dodgers, and went 126-144 in his career. A two-time All-Star and the second-winningest Mexican pitcher in MLB history after Fernando Valenzuela, he finished second in the American League Cy Young voting in 2003 — the year he started the All-Star Game — and earned $43.7 million as a pro.

Just a few weeks ago, Loaiza was spotted at Sox Fest in Chicago mingling with fans and signing autographs with Hall of Famer Frank Thomas.

“Greetings to everyone here with my friend and former teammate with the White Sox,” Loaiza wrote in the caption of an Instagram photo, showing him alongside Thomas.

Besides baseball, Loaiza is also known for appearing on the reality show, “I Love Jenni,” which starred his then-wife, singer Jenni Rivera. She died in a 2012 plane crash as the two were in the process of getting divorced.

The former hurler has had at least one other run-in with the law. Loaiza was charged with reckless driving and DUI in 2006, while he was playing for the Athletics.

He was pulled over early one morning for speeding after an officer caught him driving his Ferrari at speeds over 120 mph, according to the East Bay Times.

He reportedly failed his sobriety tests and spent the night in jail.

Loaiza’s agent, John Boggs, told the San Francisco Chronicle that he was unaware of the drug arrest and hadn’t spoken to him recently. It’s unclear Loaiza has hired a lawyer.

Attempts to reach him were unsuccessful.

“I am shocked and saddened by the news and had no indication he would ever be in this type of situation,” Boggs told the Chronicle. “I don’t know how he would get himself involved in this, so it’s difficult to even comment on it.”

Blue Jays radio man Jerry Howarth calls it a career after 36 years

https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluej...-36-years.html

Blog Entries
    I'm the nostalgic type, so it warms the cockles of my heart to see that Tulo is already hurting. Bone spur, I believe.

Traditions are great.

I'm the nostalgic type, so it warms the cockles of my heart to see that Tulo is already hurting. Bone spur, I believe.

Traditions are great.
    I just heard that this morning. Camp hasn't even opened yet for the hitters and he's already hurt. Baseball has to get more like football and not guarantee full amounts of contracts. That way a china doll like Tulo can just be released. What's the over under on his AB this season I'll take 375.

I got to get on the good foot.

Ex-Jay Esteban Loaiza is in big, big trouble:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/12/ex-yan...-drug-kingpin/
    On CP24, they announced this as Marco Estrada. It lasted for for about 2 or 3 minutes and then it changed to Esteban Loaiza.

I guess the CP 24 programmer read the AP or Reuters report, saw "mexican" and former "Blue Jay" and typed in Estrada. It didn't take long to rectify this as someone on a keyboard got a swift slap to the back of the head and a clear "smarten up" in his ear.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change...

...the realist adjusts the sails."

~ William Arthur Ward

Don Draper's Guide to Picking Up Women