Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Thread: Blue Jays 2018 Season (Good Riddance 2017)

A season of surprises so far. I was expecting much more from the starters and Osuna who seemed to be growing into a star, what a mess.

So we have in contrast a strong bullpen and some pleasant new batting strength.

Totally unpredictable.

Garcia now on DL with tired shoulder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    Garcia now on DL with tired shoulder.
    Now that is a serious major blow to our chances.

Gibbon needs to pull a 'Casey' on Morales. Casey sat down DD during the playoff and had no concern about his job. I think Gibbon does not want his boss to look bad for the fa signing of Morales.

What a frustrating offence, they'll score a ton of runs one game, and nil the next, bring up Vlady Jr now!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teassoc View Post
    A season of surprises so far. I was expecting much more from the starters and Osuna who seemed to be growing into a star, what a mess.

So we have in contrast a strong bullpen and some pleasant new batting strength.

Totally unpredictable.

This is why it's so much harder to predict baseball than other sports. The consistency of a players performance in baseball is much more varied than other sports. Guys go from being ERA champs, to having ERA's of 5.5 from one year to the next. You never know when a "Justin Smoak" is going to have an all-star year, or be Justin Smoak. This year it looks like Kevin Pillar.

What was to be the strength of team has been the week spot, and with Osuna situation was just the icing on the cake.

The Jays are in rebuilding mode, they're assessing talent. They didn't give Anthony Alford enough of a look, he's been injured and they sent him back to Buffalo to get his swing back.

In other news, Vlad Jr hit two dingers in his first game with Buffalo, highlighted on Tim and Sid. Didn't know he was born in Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    The Jays are in rebuilding mode, they're assessing talent. They didn't give Anthony Alford enough of a look, he's been injured and they sent him back to Buffalo to get his swing back.

In other news, Vlad Jr hit two dingers in his first game with Buffalo, highlighted on Tim and Sid. Didn't know he was born in Montreal.

So why are you posting a video of Vlad Sr. ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by black booty lover View Post
    So why are you posting a video of Vlad Sr. ? lol
    It's a connection thing, the Jays gave Sr a tryout at the end of his career. More motivation for Jr to do well by the Jays.

Two Ities pitching today.

You must be having some vivid dreams, Insidious Von, Vlad Jr. is still with New Hampshire, he has not been promoted to Buffalo.

Trade Donaldson at the deadline for prospects. Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by bemeup View Post
    You must be having some vivid dreams, Insidious Von, Vlad Jr. is still with New Hampshire, he has not been promoted to Buffalo.
    My mistake Scottie, I missed the first part of Tim and Donovan Bennet - making dinner. He should be called up to Buffalo soon, the city wants him badly.

Trade Donaldson, that's making more sense as the season unfolds. Maybe AA will part with some of his choice prospects...and throw in Tulo while they're at it.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...eball-buffalo/

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940