Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Input on PC Upgrade Pls - Gaming

Hail to the king, baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Not sure what I'd be doing/looking for in there. Seems to only do the noise at startup, then that soft beep every 10sec there after.
    I talked to the place who did it, they're gonna look at it Monday morning.
    They usually have an alert/monitor page. Given they all tend to be different, usually you just go in and poke around (and exit without saving). Sounds like you get excellent support where you bought it though.
    G.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    They usually have an alert/monitor page. Given they all tend to be different, usually you just go in and poke around (and exit without saving). Sounds like you get excellent support where you bought it though.

All fixed and running smooth for hours now

When fixed, they also went into the bios and turned off the LED (MotherBoard) that stays on when you power down.

All is right again.

Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

New Photo Video from Backpage

I'm going to offer a slightly different perspective.

If you want to try and keep up with changing technology it will cost a lot.

But even a current i5 and say 16 gb ram and 500 gb ssd and a third tier graphics card will do pretty well.

One of the biggest upgrades is getting a solid state drive to run your programs. But you could also then look at RAM and your graphics card. Look at games you want to play and compare the performance of graphics card to those games.

You don't have to scrap what you have as long as you don't care about being on the cutting edge which is constantly changing and very costly.

But now for the other perspective......

what about an Xbox One or PS4? less issues..... just toss the disc in and play. No hassles. No upgrades. No compatablity problems. Lower price. Portable.

Quote Originally Posted by frankcastle View Post
    One of the biggest upgrades is getting a solid state drive to run your programs. But you could also then look at RAM and your graphics card. Look at games you want to play and compare the performance of graphics card to those games. You don't have to scrap what you have as long as you don't care about being on the cutting edge which is constantly changing and very costly.
    From what others have suggest in way of processor, I'm not cutting edge. But what I am is very happy having the extra RAM, the much better video card, and the SSD now.

But now for the other perspective......
    what about an Xbox One or PS4? less issues..... just toss the disc in and play. No hassles. No upgrades. No compatablity problems. Lower price. Portable.
    What home is complete without out a game console? lol
    Never used Xbox, but always had and loved the PlayStation series. I have lots of games for it like Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, COD, etc
    Its a different experience than the PC, some games I just like better on the computer, while others I like playing on the PlayStation. I don't know why.

Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

New Photo Video from Backpage

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123