Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Android smart phone are you using

Galaxy s5 or 6, really old by today's standards, but it does the job and I refuse to keep up with the Jones.
    It's a phone, it gets me my emails and it can send texts, PERFECT.

I use a LG G5 its awesome!

Blog Entries
    Huawei Mate 9

It's awesome and I'm quite happy with it.
    I'm a bit of a power user so the extra juice in the battery suits me just fine.

Samsung S6

Not sure how it compares with other Androids in the market but I like battery life, fast charging and the photo quality is spectacular.

Blog Entries
    samsung galaxy J1. will get an LTE ready android phone. 4G is slow and sucks
    quote by Steph from Vixens

I'm a western woman. Here is what i've learned, both in my own life and from what my girlfriends tell me.
    Women want a man that is worthy of their RESPECT. Period. It doesn't matter to most of us if you drive a fancy car, or if you're 6 feet tall or if you make a gazillion dollars. We want to respect you. As MEN.

http://private.kinky-blogging.com/ my place

I'm on a Galaxy S6 and love it.

Went through all versions and one complain was BAD battery life. This S6 is now a year old, and I love the battery life. Its day/night difference over old versions. I check/do mail all day on it, browse, use aps, and come home at night with between 60-70% life still.

The quality of photos and videos are also outstanding.

Only flaw to mine, is no SD expansion, its all internal memory. But haven't come close to using up 1/3 and I take many photos/videos when out at the Falls, or such.

I think the Galaxy S6 or higher are solid choices and great phones.

Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

I use the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. I got hooked to the Xiaomi phones a few years ago after trying it for fun. I've been quite impressed with the battery life, being used to charge my phone twice a day with my old Galaxy S6, charging my Xiaomi 1 time every 2-3 days was a refreshing experience.

They are chinese phones though and even though they're the best phones I've tried, they still have their downsides and a limited lifespan (18-24 months seems to be their usual life)

Still rocking my aging S7 Edge. Can't say I have a reason to upgrade yet either. Display is best I've seen so far, camera is stunning. I've rooted it and installed a cleaner ROM so it's still pretty snappy. I just wish mine had as good of a speaker as the wife's iPhone 7+ but that phone is a ton bulkier than mine for the same size display so it's probably a wash.

Free A5. Two year plan. More than enough phone.
    It is my hope that Bernie Sanders will run as an independent candidate in the 2020 presidential election.

Well I guess Bver is a Trump Supporter..........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaB0dy5 View Post
    ZTE Axon 7

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...-054-_-Product

Great phone, awesome stereo speakers, upgrade to Android O coming soon, equivalent to a flagship phone, same level as a Galaxy S7. Unlocked, Dual Sim, works all around the world (Out of Canada at the moment, put in second sim, so both Fido and Sim for where I am). Aluminum construction.

Only down side, no otterbox (by ok Speigen case)
    Thank you for your recommendation. I'll look into the specs soon

Google Pixel has been great for me so far!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizaSnowflake View Post
    I use the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. I got hooked to the Xiaomi phones a few years ago after trying it for fun. I've been quite impressed with the battery life, being used to charge my phone twice a day with my old Galaxy S6, charging my Xiaomi 1 time every 2-3 days was a refreshing experience.

They are chinese phones though and even though they're the best phones I've tried, they still have their downsides and a limited lifespan (18-24 months seems to be their usual life)
    I've been curious about this brand...they have been getting very good reviews on TechRadar. I still have a ZenPhone (Asus) 2 with a two SIM package for when I am overseas. I think I am long past getting sucked into the "latest and greatest" at $1200. My NVIDIA Shield Tablet does the horsepower stuff when I need it. Thanks to all for the good ideas on the next phone though!

Quote Originally Posted by Calgacus View Post
    Note 4 Being able to remove the back plus SD card were the deciding factors
    Exactly. I haven't bought a phone EVER that didn't have these. I like that it has a giant screen because I use it at craft sales as a credit card device for signatures.

However, I am becoming enamoured of the new One+ 6. No replaceable battery, but the internal one is pretty hefty.
    Charter member of The Unfuckables™.

Removable µSD was a requirement for me but now that phones are coming with 128GB+ I'm not so sure. I now set my phone up as a ftp server for transferring files so that takes away the need for removable storage but I'd like to know if you can partition the internal storage to keep a portion of it safe for when I factory reset or nuke the OS and install a different ROM?

Waterproof is something I'll never be able to do without again. So handy being able to wash my phone in the kitchen sink and use the sprayer to clean out the ports.

S9+ and lovin it
    "I wanna pound the poontang until it stinks"

Q-Tip

Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    S9+ and lovin it
    What did you upgrade from? I have a S7 edge and not sure if I want to get the S9+ now or wait for the 10. I'm not a samsung fanboy and TBH I think this would be the first time I owned a second phone from the same manufacturer but last I looked there really isn't too much out there that is competitive.

I have a Motorola Z that is about 1.5 years old. It's a slick looking phone, nice screen size and battery life is still great but overall not impressed with it. The volume buttons don't work anymore, it keeps losing it's bluetooth connectivity and it does some weird things when you inadvertently touch the screen wrong. It's hit or miss on sound notifications for texts received. I won't be buying a Motorola product again.

Looking at the new Blackberry Key or the LG7.

I live for the funk. I'd die for the funk.

i want to get an iphone 6 because i heard its exceptionally loud especially with speakerphone. can someone confirm if this is true, please?

OnePlus 5T

Quote Originally Posted by Powershot View Post
    OnePlus 5T
    ^this guy

Pixel 2 128GB.
    - Great camera and hw.
    - Always running the last Android versions since it is using the vanilla version of the SO. Google assures that will provide constant updates for at least 4 years.

Just avoid the 2XL since the display is not good as the one used in the model 2 (the colors and not so vivid and there is some distortion if you look from different angles)

If you think the version 2 is too bulky, keep in mind that Google will release the Pixel 3 this year and according to the photos it will have smaller edges, more sensors, and the camera will get even better.
    “The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.” ― George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by brewwguy View Post
    What did you upgrade from? I have a S7 edge and not sure if I want to get the S9+ now or wait for the 10.
    I was using an iPhone 4 for the last 4 years. Before that an iPhone 3. I have always purchased an used phone 1 or 2 years old off of CL. This time I figured Id spurge and get a top phone. So far the S9+ has been great. Way more customizable then my iPhone but my iPhones were much easier to use and better thought out. I am not a Samsung fanboy either but it is a sweet phone.

Id say get the S9+ when it goes on sale. I purchased mine from Samsung Eaton Centre when they offered a $150 discount off the S9+ when you donated a phone. I had a olllllld Motorola Razr 2006 that I dug up and traded that in for the discount.
    Once I tried out the S9+ and looked at the screen I was sold. I tried out all the top phones before selecting the S9+. Pixel 2 XL, iPhone X, OnePlus, iPhone 8.....
    "I wanna pound the poontang until it stinks"

Q-Tip

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiz View Post
    Has Google stopped with the Nexus and flip over to Pixel now?
    That's right.
    “The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.” ― George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by ElizaSnowflake View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast