Page 294 of 304 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298 ... LastLast
Results 7,033 to 7,056 of 7286

Thread: President Donald Trump - In the News, Media Related, and Protests

  1. #7033
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler1000 View Post
    Please site a single article that states the Senate was Gerrymandered.
    “The Senate can't be gerrymandered in the normal sense because each state has two Senators, regardless of population. That's the only provision in the Constitution that can't be amended. So Wyoming has two Senators, and so does California with almost 70 times as many people. You might say the Senate can't be gerrymandered because it's already gerrymandered.”

    https://www.quora.com/How-is-the-sen...gerrymandering
    “In twenty minutes you can sink a battleship, down three or four planes, hold a double execution. You can die, get married, get fired and find a new job, have a tooth pulled, have your tonsils out. In twenty minutes you can even get up in the morning. You can get a glass of water at a night club – maybe.” Raymond Chandler, Farewell My Lovely

  2. #7034
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
    “The Senate can't be gerrymandered in the normal sense because each state has two Senators, regardless of population. That's the only provision in the Constitution that can't be amended. So Wyoming has two Senators, and so does California with almost 70 times as many people. You might say the Senate can't be gerrymandered because it's already gerrymandered.”

    https://www.quora.com/How-is-the-sen...gerrymandering
    Not quite. Close try though.
    It is my hope that Bernie Sanders will run as an independent candidate in the 2020 presidential election.

    Well I guess Bver is a Trump Supporter..........

  3. #7035
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler1000 View Post
    Not quite. Close try though.
    ????
    “In twenty minutes you can sink a battleship, down three or four planes, hold a double execution. You can die, get married, get fired and find a new job, have a tooth pulled, have your tonsils out. In twenty minutes you can even get up in the morning. You can get a glass of water at a night club – maybe.” Raymond Chandler, Farewell My Lovely

  4. #7036
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
    ????
    It's a mighty big leap of logic to equate what is clearly mandated in the Constitution as an equalizer between the 50 states so no few can dominate to clear political line drawing for the benefit of one party.

    In fact it's the same in Canada. When it comes to the constitution there are no firsts among equals provincially

    The individual states hold a great deal of power under the American system of govt. It's intentional.
    It is my hope that Bernie Sanders will run as an independent candidate in the 2020 presidential election.

    Well I guess Bver is a Trump Supporter..........

  5. #7037
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler1000 View Post
    Not quite. Close try though.
    Look at Wisconsin.
    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...re/1919288002/

  6. #7038
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    9,404
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    All migrants or immigrants are not invaders, its this special situation. When 5,000 - 7,000 people are violently smashing through a Mexican boarder, with the full intent of making it to the USA, thats an invasion.
    Regardless how far away they are, if their intent is the USA, then it would be irresponsible to not be ready or start to prepare. You just can't wait to see how many make it to the USA before you try to deal with it.
    The safety of the American people come first, so you brace for the worst. If only 2,000 make it in the end, its easy to deal with. But it 15,000 come, the USA is better prepared.



    Certainly. Trump answered everything, and said 'enough'. Trump is there on free will to grant his time. When he wishes to move on to another question, that should be respected, not turned into a circus by Acosta ignoring requests.
    When you have to tell a profession journalist over and over to give up the microphone, or to sit down, then he does need to be called for being rude.




    When it pertains to this specific situation, which is thousands upon thousands marching towards the USA, you can't sugar coat their behavior when throwing rocks at police, and smashing through a boarder crossing. These many thousands include women and children, but the majority are males. The video banned was certainly propaganda to be sure, but not racist. Both sides will play to their own agenda, and be right in doing so.
    Democrats will show only women, and crying babies, ignoring violent males clearly seen on video. Trump will only show the violence and real concern, while ignoring the victims caught up in this march.

    Both sides show 'truths' but also are wrong for their bias.
    Let us get the facts right as I also watched that video. There were just around two dozen of these individuals that were pulling down that fence. They should be arrested and charged with doing so, if they were not already arrested. But they were not attacking any border security guards or throwing Molotov cocktails or explosives as some of the right wingers on this board were implying. Also there are numerous children that are accompanying their parents. However, many of them will not be making the full trip to the USA. border. But for the migrants to be used as fodder for the cattle during an election is despicable. The Democrats were not the ones to have started using them for their own means. So why did Fox News network pull the Trump Campaign ad, on the grounds that they were racist? Was that right or wrong?

    Trump did not answer all of Acosta's questions. Acosta was not aggressive in any way, as the original video displayed. However, Sarah Sanders used a doctored video that was released by Infowars on the grounds that he was too violent with that lady who came to gram his microphone. That was falsely used to ban Acosta:

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...oke-press-pass

    No wonder many reporters are rushing to defend Acosta, as they were present and did not find any wrongdoings on the part of Acosta:

    No one is suggesting that Acosta threatened President Donald Trump. But right-wing websites and pro-Trump commentators alleged that Acosta mistreated a White House intern who tried to take a microphone away from him during the press conference.
    Trump's boosters used words like "pushed" and "slammed." They screamed "assault" and "abuse." Sanders cited this alleged "inappropriate behavior" to suspend Acosta's pass. But all of this is contradicted by the video, which shows Acosta holding onto the mic and saying "pardon me, ma'am," when the intern tries to take it away.
    "I was seated next to ⁦Acosta⁩ at today's press conference and did not witness him 'placing his hands' on the young intern, as the White House alleges," Reuters correspondent Jeff Mason wrote on Twitter. "He held on to the microphone as she reached for it."

    https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/08/m...ion/index.html
    If Butler is a Bernie Sander's Supporter, then us "Lefties" are Donald Trump Supporters!!



    On ignore: Disrespectful Individuals.

  7. #7039
    Trump administration finalizes rules allowing employers to stop paying for birth control
    https://thinkprogress.org/trump-admi...-6c823333b262/

  8. #7040
    If only Acosta were more famous, he could have just grabbed that intern by the pussy when she tried to grasp the mike.

    Speaking of which, Infowars has a second doctored video in which the intern tries to grab the mike, Acosta forces her head down and when she leaves she’s wearing a necklace... a PEARL necklace. But it’s exclusively for the President to watch during his “Little Rosy Palm and her Tiny Five Sisters” time.

  9. #7041
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Which has nothing to do with the Federal Senate.

    You are wrong. Again.
    It is my hope that Bernie Sanders will run as an independent candidate in the 2020 presidential election.

    Well I guess Bver is a Trump Supporter..........

  10. #7042
    Official Cyclops Wrangler
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Hanging out with the One-Eyed Monster.
    Posts
    21,265
    After 30 years hobbying and 15 years on TERB, maybe I should write my memoirs. I'd call them..... "If these Balls could talk".

  11. #7043
    Official Cyclops Wrangler
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Hanging out with the One-Eyed Monster.
    Posts
    21,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler1000 View Post
    It's a mighty big leap of logic to equate what is clearly mandated in the Constitution as an equalizer between the 50 states so no few can dominate to clear political line drawing for the benefit of one party.

    In fact it's the same in Canada. When it comes to the constitution there are no firsts among equals provincially

    The individual states hold a great deal of power under the American system of govt. It's intentional.

    You are correct in that the Constitution didn't deliberately design a built-in advantage to 1 party. OTOH, it's hard to deny that the GOP has a HUGE and unwarranted advantage in the Senate, the way things worked out.

    Why should WY have equal representation with CA?
    After 30 years hobbying and 15 years on TERB, maybe I should write my memoirs. I'd call them..... "If these Balls could talk".

  12. #7044
    Quote Originally Posted by oagre View Post
    No, it doesnt. There are 2 presidential limo's, one is the real limo and the 2nd one is a decoy limo.
    He simply thought he had gotten into the decoy limo by mistake.




    Read and learn something: https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/0...de-heres-tell/

    That video BTW is from 2017

  13. #7045
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil C. McNasty View Post
    No, it doesnt. There are 2 presidential limo's one is the real limo and the 2nd one is a decoy limo.
    He simply thought he had gotten into the decoy limo by mistake.

    Read and learn something: https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/0...de-heres-tell/

    That video BTW is from 2017
    An armoured one of these would be more appropriate for Trump, with the bonus that there’s room for Jared, Miller, even Giuliani.


  14. #7046
    Quote Originally Posted by oagre View Post

    You are correct in that the Constitution didn't deliberately design a built-in advantage to 1 party. OTOH, it's hard to deny that the GOP has a HUGE and unwarranted advantage in the Senate, the way things worked out.

    Why should WY have equal representation with CA?
    The Dems have owned the Senate on more than one occasion.

    But I will say that there is a growing theory about "self-gerrymandering" as people move to be amongst like minded people. And some of those smaller states attract conservatives.

    You know the theories why it's set up that way. I see no reason to rehash the checks and balances in the USA system.
    It is my hope that Bernie Sanders will run as an independent candidate in the 2020 presidential election.

    Well I guess Bver is a Trump Supporter..........

  15. #7047
    Official Cyclops Wrangler
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Hanging out with the One-Eyed Monster.
    Posts
    21,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil C. McNasty View Post
    No, it doesnt. There are 2 presidential limo's, one is the real limo and the 2nd one is a decoy limo.
    He simply thought he had gotten into the decoy limo by mistake.




    Read and learn something: https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/0...de-heres-tell/

    That video BTW is from 2017

    The decoy limo isn't going to be parked right at the steps of the president's airplane, is it Phil? It's going to be waiting a few yards away. Why doesn't Trump now that? Because he's too old and senile....
    After 30 years hobbying and 15 years on TERB, maybe I should write my memoirs. I'd call them..... "If these Balls could talk".

  16. #7048
    Butler - forgot to advise you. When you’re boat shopping, make sure that you look around, point and loudly ask “WHOSE BOAT IS THAT BOAT?” Do it for every boat you see.

    That way all the people will know that you are a diehard Bernie supporter and will be more willing to discount.


  17. #7049
    Quote Originally Posted by essguy_ View Post
    Butler - forgot to advise you. When you’re boat shopping, make sure that you look around, point and loudly ask “WHOSE BOAT IS THAT BOAT?” Do it for every boat you see.

    That way all the people will know that you are a diehard Bernie supporter and will be more willing to discount.

    As I want to buy a power boat I'm betting more GOP own in that category. But I can happily lie and scream for Trump for a discount.
    It is my hope that Bernie Sanders will run as an independent candidate in the 2020 presidential election.

    Well I guess Bver is a Trump Supporter..........

  18. #7050
    Quote Originally Posted by oagre View Post

    The decoy limo isn't going to be parked right at the steps of the president's airplane, is it Phil? It's going to be waiting a few yards away. Why doesn't Trump now that? Because he's too old and senile....
    The decoy is always parked near the real limo.
    Why wouldnt it be??

    The decoy was designed to thwart assassination attempts.
    Sometimes the SS will put a doppelganger in the limo as well.
    I saw a whole documentary on this on A&E

  19. #7051
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil C. McNasty View Post
    The decoy is always parked near the real limo.
    Why wouldnt it be??
    Topic change, but how about a signature swap Phil? May I suggest going 'physical' and someone like Paige Hathaway?




    Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

    Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

  20. #7052
    Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    Let us get the facts right as I also watched that video. There were just around two dozen of these individuals that were pulling down that fence. They should be arrested and charged with doing so, if they were not already arrested. But they were not attacking any border security guards or throwing Molotov cocktails or explosives as some of the right wingers on this board were implying. Also there are numerous children that are accompanying their parents. However, many of them will not be making the full trip to the USA. border. But for the migrants to be used as fodder for the cattle during an election is despicable. The Democrats were not the ones to have started using them for their own means. So why did Fox News network pull the Trump Campaign ad, on the grounds that they were racist? Was that right or wrong?
    I'm all for the facts. How many were smashing the boarder fences is a debate with no set number. You say two dozen, I would say hundreds. We can both agree, video shows very violent behavior as they threw rocks and objects at police. As a result, thousands broke through, and poured into the boarder. So believe you are mistaken, as they most certainly did attack police.
    Look again at this video - migrant caravan smashes through Mexico border as clashes .

    Nowhere in the video do you see women and children, because the violent males move to the front. They do the damage, breech the fence, then the women and kids can come through later unchallenged. I think the Republicans used content as a rally call, and awareness. Is Fox right or wrong? I would have left the ad up, but respect their wish to remove it. I would do the same if you ran Fox, and felt the need to take it down.

    Trump did not answer all of Acosta's questions. Acosta was not aggressive in any way, as the original video displayed. However, Sarah Sanders used a doctored video that was released by Infowars on the grounds that he was too violent with that lady who came to gram his microphone. That was falsely used to ban Acosta:
    No wonder many reporters are rushing to defend Acosta, as they were present and did not find any wrongdoings on the part of Acosta:
    Trump answered many, and said 'enough'. That means its over. If you don't cut off Acosta, he will stand and ask questions all day. I saw the video Saunder shared, and very sceptic of any Info wars. But any video I have seen, Acosta does clearly touch the aide.
    The only time I dont see him touch her, is videos shown on CNN and The View. The View actually said the WH aide assaulted Jim...lol
    It's all crazy really, but don't see Acosta being removed long.


    Trump's boosters used words like "pushed" and "slammed." They screamed "assault" and "abuse." Sanders cited this alleged "inappropriate behavior" to suspend Acosta's pass. But all of this is contradicted by the video, which shows Acosta holding onto the mic and saying "pardon me, ma'am," when the intern tries to take it away.
    "I was seated next to ⁦Acosta⁩ at today's press conference and did not witness him 'placing his hands' on the young intern, as the White House alleges," Reuters correspondent Jeff Mason wrote on Twitter. "He held on to the microphone as she reached for it."
    The video clearly shows as the aide reached for the mic, Acosta blocked her on the inner elbow. Her shoulder dips down, as the two engage. He clearly did touch her.
    Now obviously it was no assault, and she is just trying to do her job when Trump said "put down the mic".



    Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

    Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

  21. #7053
    Trump signs proclamation denying migrant asylum

    WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has signed a proclamation to deny asylum to migrants who enter the United States illegally through the U.S.-Mexico border.

    Trump invoked the same national security powers he used to push his travel ban through. He says he wants people to come to the U.S. legally.

    The move on Friday was spurred in part by caravans of Central American migrants slowly moving north on foot, but officials say it will apply to anyone caught crossing illegally.

    Officials say the measure is meant to funnel asylum seekers through official border crossings for speedy rulings instead of having them try to circumvent such crossings on the nearly 2,000-mile stretch.

    The busy ports of entry already have long lines and waits, forcing immigration officials to tell some migrants to return to make their claims.

    Trump's proclamation puts into practice regulations adopted by immigration officials on Thursday.

    Story



    Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

    Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

  22. #7054
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    The video clearly shows as the aide reached for the mic, Acosta blocked her on the inner elbow. Her shoulder dips down, as the two engage. He clearly did touch her.
    Now obviously it was no assault, and she is just trying to do her job when Trump said "put down the mic".
    The video was edited by infowars/prison planet.
    That's as fake as fake news gets.

    What's shocking is that the white house attacked CNN with an infowars video.
    Its really as bad as Russian state media or Chinese state media in its attack on the free press that is vital to democracy.

  23. #7055
    Rubio Shares Video Allegedly Showing Ballots Transported In Private Cars

    Florida Republican Senator Marco Rubio shared a video on his Twitter account on Thursday that allegedly showed ballots being transported by private vehicles and then being loaded onto what appeared to be a rented truck on election night.

    The video was posted to Twitter by Independent Congressional candidate Tim Canova, who was attempting to unseat Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) in Florida's 23rd congressional district.

    "This video, posted by an Independent Cong candidate in 18 (who was endorsed by Bernie Sanders in 16) purports to show Broward County ballots being transported from polling places in private cars," Rubio tweeted late on Thursday. "Has anyone in local media looked into this claim or asked elections dept about it?"

    "Concerned citizen sees ballots being transported in private vehicles & transferred to rented truck on Election night," Canova wrote in his tweet that contained the video. "This violates all chain of custody requirements for paper ballots."

    The video Rubio shared came after more than 100 provisional ballots were rejected in Miami-Dade County earlier in the day after election officials said that those people showed up to vote a second time in the same election.

    Canova's name has been in the news before in Broward County when he filed a lawsuit against Elections Supervisor Brenda Snipes to gain access to the ballots from the 2016 election after her office did not meet his request after three months.

    The Sun-Sentinel reported that Canova was "checking for voting irregularities in the race."

    The Sun-Sentinel noted that a judge ruled that the "Broward County Supervisor of Elections Office violated state and federal laws by destroying ballots from a 2016 Congressional race too soon — and while the ballots were the subject of a lawsuit against the office."

    Source



    Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

    Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

  24. #7056
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Topic change, but how about a signature swap Phil? May I suggest going 'physical' and someone like Paige Hathaway?
    Give it a few days and we'll swap. I just got this new girl today and I dont want her to feel I'm rejecting her

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •