Page 389 of 389 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389
Results 9,313 to 9,332 of 9332

Thread: President Donald Trump - In the News, Media Related, and Protests

  1. #9313
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    I can't debate this too much, because we're just going to be too far apart.

    I don't see any white supremacist liking Trump for reasons stated. The Neo Nazis in Charlottesville came out because they wanted to gel with the patriots, and recruit. They have been around prior to Trump, and will outlast him.

    I've not seen anything to indicate Trump is anti-Immigration. His travel ban didn't target all Muslims as some suggest, and only address a few concerning nations. Trump has only ever been against Illegal immigration.

    That NZ shooter was obviously unstable a long time. If all it was going to take was a right wing leader to 'tip' him, is would not be Trump. He would have been much more interested in someone else like Marine Le Pen (France) Viktor Orban ( Hungary), Matteo Salvini (Italy) or so many others. The US nothing like Poland or Hungary for cracking down on immigration.

    I stand by the belief, Trump is no crusader for whites. He is a businessman focused on making the economy grow, and the nation safer for all. His position on that has never changed, and he never been exclusive with he helps.
    We are likely to remain far apart on this, unfortunately.

    I fully understand that you don't personally see Trump encouraging white supremacists or acting in ways that people say are racist.
    The problem is that lots of other people do, including white supremacists like Bissonette and this guy, as well as half of Americans.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/04/polit...oll/index.html

    Surely you must wonder why fully half of the US sees Trump as racist, mustn't you?

  2. #9314
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    I can't debate this too much, because we're just going to be too far apart.

    I don't see any white supremacist liking Trump for reasons stated. The Neo Nazis in Charlottesville came out because they wanted to gel with the patriots, and recruit. They have been around prior to Trump, and will outlast him.

    I've not seen anything to indicate Trump is anti-Immigration. His travel ban didn't target all Muslims as some suggest, and only address a few concerning nations. Trump has only ever been against Illegal immigration.

    That NZ shooter was obviously unstable a long time. If all it was going to take was a right wing leader to 'tip' him, is would not be Trump. He would have been much more interested in someone else like Marine Le Pen (France) Viktor Orban ( Hungary), Matteo Salvini (Italy) or so many others. The US nothing like Poland or Hungary for cracking down on immigration.

    I stand by the belief, Trump is no crusader for whites. He is a businessman focused on making the economy grow, and the nation safer for all. His position on that has never changed, and he never been exclusive with he helps.
    It wasnít only trump who contributed to his terrorist act...but trump was certainly one of his inspirations. He listed many white supremacist figures that he admired and sought to emulate.

    It sounds like he was radicalized online in internet communities that are unmoderated and allow the free expression of Hate Speech. They are the kinds of sites that people like smallcock, Zaibetter, fathammer, etc would frequent where they can share thoughts and ideas that in years before the internet would have been pushed to societyís fringe and extinguished. On the internet, though, these people can find/validate one another and these ideas can blossom and flourish.

    Obviously, most people who visit these sites donít go on to commit acts of terror...but they support and encourage those who do.

    I donít know Brenton Tarrantís story but I suspect youíre right that he is an unstable individual. However, without the support of others he would likely just be some lonely loser living in his van. However, with the encouragement of an entire network of people from trump to Bannon to Marin Le Pen to Anders Breivik to his online loser friends to the emerging mainstreaming of white supremacy this man committed a terrorist act.

    How much responsibility does trump have for this? 5%? 10%? 80%? Who knows? But it was certainly more than zero...the terrorist himself told us so.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarGames View Post
    This here post, is the most hogwash I've read here on terb...

    ...Come back to reality bro!

    You've won the delusion award. Congratulations.

  3. #9315
    No
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    way out there
    Posts
    8,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Surely you must wonder why fully half of the US sees Trump as racist, mustn't you?
    For sure! WTF is wrong with the liberals that they have so much hate they need to make up falsities like this to stoke their hatred? So counterproductive and expending so much energy on things that they made up!
    swollen member

  4. #9316
    No
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    way out there
    Posts
    8,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
    I donít know Brenton Tarrantís story but I suspect youíre right that he is an unstable individual. However, without the support of others he would likely just be some lonely loser living in his van. However, with the encouragement of an entire network of people from trump to Bannon to Marin Le Pen to Anders Breivik to his online loser friends to the emerging mainstreaming of white supremacy this man committed a terrorist act.
    Seriously? You honestly believe all these people supported THIS guy and encouraged him to become the monster he is? I'd be willing to bet none of them know him or even met him to offer support and encouragement. Shake your head a bit and get a grip!
    swollen member

  5. #9317
    Quote Originally Posted by slurp View Post
    Seriously? You honestly believe all these people supported THIS guy and encouraged him to become the monster he is? I'd be willing to bet none of them know him or even met him to offer support and encouragement. Shake your head a bit and get a grip!
    Obviously he did not meet them all, stupid!




    Holy shit.


    Quote Originally Posted by WarGames View Post
    This here post, is the most hogwash I've read here on terb...

    ...Come back to reality bro!

    You've won the delusion award. Congratulations.

  6. #9318
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
    For once I agree with you. Those students were completely inappropriate and ridiculous. Apparently even Donald Trump Jr and Mike Huckabee have spoken out in defence of Chelsea Clinton.
    As much as I dislike Chelsea & her criminal parents she still deserves to be treated with basic human dignity & decency. The left has none.

    They will eat their own if anyone dare step out of line by speaking truth.
    On Ignore for trolling day in & day out: Frankfooter aka groggy aka gryfin aka flubadub and Doggystyle76

  7. #9319
    Quote Originally Posted by WarGames View Post
    As much as I dislike Chelsea & her criminal parents she still deserves to be treated with basic human dignity & decency. The left has none.

    They will eat their own if anyone dare step out of line by speaking truth.
    I don’t think the students who did this are getting much support from the Left or the Right. One of the students who was involved in this apparently identified herself on Twitter and has been getting scorched over it.

    Of course, she will undoubtedly block everyone who criticizes her and create her own little social media bubble filled with people telling her how awesome she is cuz that’s how Twitter works.

    Anyway...it’s a pretty fucked up situation when I find myself agreeing with Donald Trump Jr of all people...that guy is such a douchebag!
    Quote Originally Posted by WarGames View Post
    This here post, is the most hogwash I've read here on terb...

    ...Come back to reality bro!

    You've won the delusion award. Congratulations.

  8. #9320
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11,301
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    I'm fine with that, but that holds true with all other forms of extremist too.

    How many Islamic attacks have been mentioned, only to have someone say "One attack does not speak for all Islam"? I agree that is true, but when more and more attacks happen, its a concern.
    Further, you can't talk about Islam, because that gets spun into criticism which becomes 'Islamophobia' now.

    Yet people can jump at the idea of demonizing all white nationalist for the horrific acts of a few.

    If you want to condemn acts of terror, condemn them all then as they happen.

    If you believe the acts of the few in any religion or belief do not speak for the their mass, then keep that mindset for everything... Including White nationalist and right wing.
    Its only fair.
    No one is saying that he should not condemn Islamic or ISIS terrorism, as all leaders have done so. But why not follow the same path as all those leaders, and now condemn White Supremacist Terrorism that is growing throughout the First World Nations?? He was categorically asked to denounce this particular terrorism, and by saying that it is just a small group perpetrating it, what sort of signal does that give to these far right extremists. Especially as Trump was praised by this killer, who made no bones as identifying himself as a White Supremacist.

  9. #9321
    No
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    way out there
    Posts
    8,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
    Obviously he did not meet them all, stupid!




    Holy shit.


    You write that rubbish and call me stupid when you point out you made no sense? That's rich!
    swollen member

  10. #9322
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    The problem is that lots of other people do, including white supremacists like Bissonette and this guy, as well as half of Americans.
    Surely you must wonder why fully half of the US sees Trump as racist, mustn't you?
    I have to dismiss what white supremacist say, because honestly in a word, they're nuts anyway.

    As for the others, like yourself, I don't know its its half America who feel he is racist ( that's a huge number ), but I am sure it is a lot who do feel that way.

    I don't wonder why they feel the way they do, I just respect the fact they have an opinion different from mine.
    Many feel Trump is racist for the past housing discrimination, the aggressive stance on protecting borders, travel bans, or through his words and views of other nations.

    I respect why someone has the stance they do (you included), and feel they are certainly entitled to such a position.



    Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

    Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

  11. #9323
    Quote Originally Posted by slurp View Post
    Seriously? You honestly believe all these people supported THIS guy and encouraged him to become the monster he is? I'd be willing to bet none of them know him or even met him to offer support and encouragement. Shake your head a bit and get a grip!
    It happens in online communities all the time now.
    From anorexics to incels and yes, white supremacists.
    All outsiders who encourage others to extremes.

  12. #9324
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
    It wasn’t only trump who contributed to his terrorist act...but trump was certainly one of his inspirations. He listed many white supremacist figures that he admired and sought to emulate.
    Obviously, most people who visit these sites don’t go on to commit acts of terror...but they support and encourage those who do.

    I don’t know Brenton Tarrant’s story but I suspect you’re right that he is an unstable individual. However, without the support of others he would likely just be some lonely loser living in his van. However, with the encouragement of an entire network of people from trump to Bannon to Marin Le Pen to Anders Breivik to his online loser friends to the emerging mainstreaming of white supremacy this man committed a terrorist act.
    I can't say you're wrong, because I can't get my head around what these people think, and what does fuel them.

    We've all seen video games like GTA, where you can shoot anyone, and do anything. Leaders on left or right that chime in a level of violence and unrest. ( I provided the Maxine Waters clip ) and we have musicans that rev up emotions too, like Madonna saying she thought of blowing up the white house. Shitty messages to be sure, but 97% of people don't act on it.

    What pushes a Jewish kid to shoot up a school, A white supremacist to mass kill dozens, or a Muslim to run down people, I have no idea. I don't know what puts any of them past the brink of normal reasoning.

    How much responsibility does trump have for this? 5%? 10%? 80%? Who knows? But it was certainly more than zero...the terrorist himself told us so.
    Just 0%

    We don't blame Anheuser-Busch for impaired driving, and don't blame heavy metal music for teen suicides.
    We don't do that, because we are sane people, and believe in having accountability. Its why no matter how much you or I agree/disagree with something like immigration we deal with it by voting. Not targeting a politician or group of people.

    The NZ shooter was insane, plain and simple, he's words means nothing.



    Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

    Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

  13. #9325
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post

    Anyway...it’s a pretty fucked up situation when I find myself agreeing with Donald Trump Jr of all people...that guy is such a douchebag!
    I gotta go, meeting a friend and going to a club to dance.

    But have to say, that seriously made me lol

    Well done



    Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

    Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

  14. #9326
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    I have to dismiss what white supremacist say, because honestly in a word, they're nuts anyway.

    As for the others, like yourself, I don't know its its half America who feel he is racist ( that's a huge number ), but I am sure it is a lot who do feel that way.

    I don't wonder why they feel the way they do, I just respect the fact they have an opinion different from mine.
    Many feel Trump is racist for the past housing discrimination, the aggressive stance on protecting borders, travel bans, or through his words and views of other nations.

    I respect why someone has the stance they do (you included), and feel they are certainly entitled to such a position.
    Understanding that half of Americans see Trump as racist is a start.
    Its really the way tolerance starts, by understanding that others have different opinions and we have to understand them.
    I get how you feel that Trump is constantly attacked.
    Certainly I criticize him constantly here.

    Disagreeing with politics, like arguing over tax breaks for billionaires and killing health care vs free market is one thing.
    The argument about racism with Trump is different, in that people are now using his name and ideas as they kill people of different colour.
    Its serious and should be taken seriously.

    Trump supporters seem to be upset with how things are going, quite often rightly, and seem to have counted on planting a business man as a way of getting things working again.
    But when you support giving someone a wrecking ball, you have to be careful where they are swinging it.

  15. #9327
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    It happens in online communities all the time now.
    From anorexics to incels and yes, white supremacists.
    All outsiders who encourage others to extremes.
    Isis especially has been effective. Inspired tens of thousands to become extremist fighters......
    I endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for President in 2020.

    It is my hope Tulsi Gabbard becomes his running mate.

  16. #9328
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler1000 View Post
    Isis especially has been effective. Inspired tens of thousands to become extremist fighters......
    Exactly, and now....

    New Zealand: Is Trumpism now replacing ISIL as a major Cause of Stochastic Terrorism?
    https://www.juancole.com/2019/03/rep...terrorism.html

  17. #9329
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11,301
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
    For once I agree with you. Those students were completely inappropriate and ridiculous. Apparently even Donald Trump Jr and Mike Huckabee have spoken out in defence of Chelsea Clinton.
    Yes, Clinton is the victim here and those particular students need to be banned from college for blaming Clinton. There were only two of them, whilst the others were perplexed with the attitudes of these two really stupid persons that were trying to bully Chelsea Clinton. Clinton came to pay her respects and they should have put politics aside!!


    On ignore: Disrespectful Individuals.

  18. #9330
    Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    Yes, Clinton is the victim here and those particular students need to be banned from college for blaming Clinton. There were only two of them, whilst the others were perplexed with the attitudes of these two really stupid persons that were trying to bully Chelsea Clinton. Clinton came to pay her respects and they should have put politics aside!!
    I can't believe anyone actually cares about what Chelsea Clinton says or does.

    Well, until Mueller releases both of his reports I guess it will be slow news days...

  19. #9331
    Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    Yes, Clinton is the victim here and those particular students need to be banned from college for blaming Clinton. There were only two of them, whilst the others were perplexed with the attitudes of these two really stupid persons that were trying to bully Chelsea Clinton. Clinton came to pay her respects and they should have put politics aside!!
    Indeed. It was supposed to be a memorial for the Muslim terror victims. Those asshole students disrespected the service and turned it into a shit show. They disrespected the victims they were supposed to be honouring.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarGames View Post
    This here post, is the most hogwash I've read here on terb...

    ...Come back to reality bro!

    You've won the delusion award. Congratulations.

  20. #9332
    Republicans Are Denying Trump’s Completely Open Bigotry Against Muslims

    The man who murdered 50 Muslims in Christchurch, New Zealand, has hailed President Trump as a “symbol of renewed white identity.” But Trump’s supporters piously deny he is any such thing. “If you find yourself using the tragedy in New Zealand to take backhanded swipes at conservatives in America — many of my colleagues already have — then you really have no shame and you are part of the problem,” complains Texas representative Dan Crenshaw. Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney appeared on Face the Nation to insist, “I don’t think anybody can say that the president is anti-Muslim.”

    Anybody? Really? If bald-faced lying were not already a mundane practice for this administration, it would be astonishing to watch its defenders deny such a plainly obvious truth.

    In the immediate aftermath of the September 11 terrorist attacks, the Bush administration made a concerted effort to distinguish between the radical sectarians who carried out the attacks and the broader Muslim population. By the end of the Bush era, though, a nativist hysteria was bubbling up from the grassroots, as evidenced by vivid scenes from McCain–Palin campaign stops in which delirious Republican voters voiced paranoid theories that Barack Obama was a secret Arab or Muslim.

    During Obama’s presidency, control of the Republican line on Muslims unmistakably passed into the hands of the bigots. Trump, who led the birther crusade, played a key role in this change. While Trump usually confined his racist sentiments about the African-American community to private conversations, he regularly articulated slanders against the Muslim community in public. He spread the lie that thousands of American Muslims cheered the 9/11 attacks. He insinuated that Ghazala Khan, a Muslim-American Gold Star mother whose husband spoke at the Democratic National Convention, “wasn’t allowed” to speak publicly. He claimed “Islam hates us,” and has deliberately refused to recognize a distinction between radical Islamists and the broader population: “It’s very hard to separate, because you don’t know who is who.”

    Trump naturally attracted and promoted the most viciously anti-Islamic figures within his party. His first strategist, Steve Bannon, calls Islam “a religion of submission” and has tried to build a global religious conflict between Christians and Muslims. His first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, made wild public claims like, “Fear of Muslims is RATIONAL.” They attempted to enact a Muslim travel ban, later couched in euphemism, as an effort to prevent a “multidimensional and multigenerational” threat from Muslim-American communities — enshrining into official policy the notion that Muslim-Americans posed an inherent security threat and could not assimilate.

    Trump’s bigotry against other minority groups is usually couched in euphemism, and — in the case of Jews — counteracted by displays of fervent philo-Semitism that obscures his racist dog-whistling. When it comes to Muslims, though, there’s no dog whistle, just a loud series of yelps. At the same time his party was insisting he has not a trace of bigotry, Trump spent the better part of his Sunday morning demanding the reinstatement of Jeanine Pirro, who was suspended for anti-Islamic bigotry so blatant not even Fox News could tolerate it.

    The president’s enablers clearly long for him to give them some plausible basis to claim that he is free and clear of animus against Muslims. But he has not bothered to hide his intentions. It is telling that the party’s response to this refusal is either to ignore the president’s undisguised bigotry or to lie on his behalf.
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...t-muslims.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •