Page 426 of 467 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,224 of 11188

Thread: President Donald Trump - In the News, Media Related, and Protests

Quote Originally Posted by Butler1000 View Post
    Make it fair? How?

The owners of the media have placed profit above all.
    You make an excellent argument for state funded, independently monitored, media.
    Like the CBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    You make an excellent argument for state funded, independently monitored, media.
    Like the CBC.
    The USA has PBS. The problem is saturation.
    I endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for President in 2020.

It is my hope Tulsi Gabbard becomes his running mate.

AT&T promised 7,000 new jobs to get tax break—it cut 23,000 jobs instead
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-jobs-instead/

This appears pretty standard with companies that promised new jobs from Trump's tax breaks.

And this is a harbinger.
    Trump Tower Residents Are Selling Their Condos at a Loss to Get Out
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...o-get-out.html

Abortion foes eye Supreme Court showdown in wake of Alabama ban

Pro-life lawmakers in Alabama lit a national firestorm this week by approving a near-total ban on abortion and imposing harsh penalties on doctors who perform the procedure. But supporters of the legislation do not expect it to take effect without a fight -- and that's by design.

The bill, known as HB314, criminalizes abortion in nearly every scenario, without any exceptions for cases of rape or incest, regardless of how far along a woman's pregnancy is. By far the most restrictive abortion bill to emerge at the state level in recent months, it was specifically meant to initiate a legal battle that could end up before the Supreme Court -- where a solid conservative majority has emerged during the Trump administration.

"The American people want a fresh debate and a new direction, achieved by consensus and built on love for both mothers and babies. The time is coming for the Supreme Court to let that debate go forward," Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of pro-life organization the Susan B. Anthony List, said in a statement on Wednesday.

The bill's sponsor acknowledges the legislation is aimed at sparking a new Supreme Court review of the landmark Roe v. Wade.

"This bill is about challenging Roe v. Wade and protecting the lives of the unborn because an unborn baby is a person who deserves love and protection,” GOP state Rep. Terri Collins, told The Washington Post.

The bill itself would appear to shatter one of the few areas of consensus in the abortion debate -- allowing exceptions in anti-abortion laws for rape and incest, which the Alabama legislation does not. Collins said she feels for rape and incest victims, but had to ensure the bill was restrictive enough to yield a legal challenge in federal court.

Amid condemnation from the other side of the abortion debate, that legal challenge appears to be in the works. Randall Marshall, the executive director of the ACLU of Alabama, said in a statement that the bill is "unconstitutional," and that his organization, along with the National ACLU and Planned Parenthood, intends to file a lawsuit challenging it, should Gov. Kay Ivey sign it into law.

In the meantime, Marshall pointed out, "This bill will not take effect anytime in the near future, and abortion will remain a safe, legal medical procedure at all clinics in Alabama." The bill itself states that it would not go into effect until six months after it is signed into law. The bill also allows for abortion where the mother faces a serious health risk or when the unborn child has a "lethal anomaly" that would cause it to be stillborn, or die soon after birth.

The legislation quickly became a 2020 campaign issue, as Democratic presidential candidates vowed to fight for abortion rights.

"This is a war on women, and it is time to fight like hell," Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., tweeted.

Story

The bill, known as HB314, criminalizes abortion in nearly every scenario, without any exceptions for cases of rape or incest, regardless of how far along a woman's pregnancy is.
    That is wrong on so many levels. I don't know why so many are against legal abortions, enough to change the law on it.
    It should always be about a persons own choice.

Kathleen Tanning

Kathleen -Summer Tanning for danmand

Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP in Mississauga - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Abortion foes eye Supreme Court showdown in wake of Alabama ban
    …[see the OP above]

Story

The bill, known as HB314, criminalizes abortion in nearly every scenario, without any exceptions for cases of rape or incest, regardless of how far along a woman's pregnancy is.
    That is wrong on so many levels. I don't know why so many are against legal abortions, enough to change the law on it.
    It should always be about a persons own choice.
    While I share your views and sympathize with your post about this sad and wrongful legislation, I can't see how it belongs here in President Donald Trump - In the News, Media Related, and Protests, unless you're identifying this wrongful law with him, with his leadership, or with the way he's stacked the Courts that must rule on this law with his kind of judges.

If it isn't a consequence of Trump, one new anti-abortion law enacted in a single Southern state deserves it's own thread.

What progress?

Quote Originally Posted by oldjones View Post
    While I share your views and sympathize with your post about this sad and wrongful legislation, I can't see how it belongs here in President Donald Trump - In the News, Media Related, and Protests, unless you're identifying this wrongful law with him, his leadership, or with the way he's stacked the Courts with hius kind of judges.
    I still can't believe they passed it, or more might get on board.

The relevance to me, is all indications this is something that could end up in the SC. That means the one thing Kavanugh was grilled about (Roe v. Wade) could be contested.
    If that happens, all eyes will be on who Trump appointed. Many thought who he appointed, would be for this very topic.

Could be out of place I guess. I just see anything to do with the SC has Trump now attached to it. Especially a topic as big as Roe v. Wade.

Kathleen Tanning

Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP in Mississauga - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

, unless you're identifying this wrongful law with him, with his leadership, or with the way he's stacked the Courts that must rule on this law with his kind of judges.

If it isn't a consequence of Trump, one new anti-abortion law enacted in a single Southern state deserves it's own thread.
    Yes exactly. The connection was with who he appointed.

But this is no small topic, and actually think you have a great idea giving such a topic its own thread. Especially if more states follow suit.

You guys hear girls chime in on topics, so I'd like to see how guys feel on this subject.
    Should a girl be allowed an abortion? Or is Alabama taking a step in the right direction?

I think you have a great thread/topic on your hands

Kathleen Tanning

Yes exactly. The connection was with who he appointed.

But this is no small topic, and actually think you have a great idea giving such a topic its own thread. Especially if more states follow suit.

You guys hear girls chime in on topics, so I'd like to see how guys feel on this subject.
    Should a girl be allowed an abortion? Or is Alabama taking a step in the right direction?

I think you have a great thread/topic on your hands
    Not mine; it's the business of the women who bear the children or decide they won't. The only man with any right to an opinion, — and nothing more than an opinion — is the father, possibly-to-be. But that's one opinion about one pregnancy. Men have no business legislating such stuff, not until they bear babies.

Your topic, you move it (I think that's a cut, new thread, paste, then delete post here operation) I'll delete mine if you do.

Or we can hope the discussion here is limited to the malign encouragement the Trump Era has given to such antediluvian repressives everywhere, especially in the South, and how the judges whose attitudes he likes, and his Senate has approved, are the very ones these people are counting on to support their anti-women law.

It's not like no one saw this stuff coming, with Trump and the Republicans each selling out to do the deal wth the other that would help them get elected, in spite of only minority support. That's why they've concentrated on getting 'their' judges installed. Judges are for life, and the people's votes don't count.

What progress?

The relevance to me, is all indications this is something that could end up in the SC. That means the one thing Kavanugh was grilled about (Roe v. Wade) could be contested.
    If that happens, all eyes will be on who Trump appointed. Many thought who he appointed, would be for this very topic.

Could be out of place I guess. I just see anything to do with the SC has Trump now attached to it. Especially a topic as big as Roe v. Wade.
    Say goodbye to Roe. So shall thee reap, so shall thee sow. The US Ayatollahs with the assistance of the PGOTUS will have achieved their objective.

Hi Frank.

I have We Fund the Wall in my facebook feed.

Just a couple hours ago, Brian Kolfage ( connected to the project ) posted photos of Kris Kobach erecting steel walls in a heavy machine.
    I want to fund the 4 walls that they will build to hold Trump in prison after this rape of democracy finally ends

The law will be struck down and it will proceed to the SC. That's why it was passed. What is the biggest complaint against the Roe v. Wade? It's the law of the land, yet it has never been legislated. It's a court decision. In a constitutional republic "laws" that flow from the bench are always controversial. Especially laws that are over encompassing and do not reflect the view of the majority. In this case, the Court never envisioned that abortion would become the form of birth control. In the end, it will end up in the jurisdiction of the states- where it always belonged.
    "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Hillary Clinton

If the SC rules on behalf of Alabama, Roe will be eventually overturned. The Question is when, more than likely after the 2020 Election.

Trump already has Executive Privilege and an 85% chance of getting re-elected. If Roe gets struck down do the GOP have a plan on dealing with all the unwanted babies? The American adoption system is a joke and orphanages are already full to the brim. Will America sell babies to other countries.

When you have states like New York giving standing ovations after passing infanticide laws you pretty much knew to expect the other end of the spectrum in opposition.

Here is Norma McCorvey aka Jane in Jane Roe vs Wade, speaking about her pro-life stance much later in life.

Norma ("Jane Roe" of Roe v. Wade) Speaks About Being Pro-Life
    Last edited by WarGames; 05-16-2019 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Added the name 'roe' lol

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    If the SC rules on behalf of Alabama, Roe will be eventually overturned. The Question is when, more than likely after the 2020 Election.

Trump already has Executive Privilege and an 85% chance of getting re-elected. If Roe gets struck down do the GOP have a plan on dealing with all the unwanted babies? The American adoption system is a joke and orphanages are already full to the brim. Will America sell babies to other countries.
    They need more soldiers.
    The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by danmand View Post
    They need more soldiers.
    Yes, with Bolton getting all the fake stories in line to prep for war with Iran for their oil, they will need a lot more cannon fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by WarGames View Post
    When you have states like New York giving standing ovations after passing infanticide laws
    I bet your way of words works really well with the ladies, wargames.

When you have states like New York giving standing ovations after passing infanticide laws you pretty much knew to expect the other end of the spectrum in opposition.

Here is Norma McCorvey aka Jane in Jane vs Roe, speaking about her pro-life stance much later in life.

As your own source citation makes clear, the name of the notorious decison is Roe v. Wade., There is no such case as your invented Jane vs. Roe.

I hope you're grateful that others do read the posts which you can't be bothered to.

What progress?

Here is Norma McCorvey aka Jane in Jane vs Roe, speaking about her pro-life stance much later in life.

You have obviously never read the actual law and your statement betrays the fact that you know nothing about it.

As your own source citation makes clear, the name of the notorious decison is Roe v. Wade., There is no such case as your invented Jane vs. Roe.

I hope you're grateful that others do read the posts which you can't be bothered to.

Glad you were able to figure out it was Jane Roe. Im sure NOBODY else would have figured that out on their own without your help lol

BTW, the Alabama governor who signed the Alabama Abortion Ban is a woman

Quote Originally Posted by toguy5252 View Post
    You have obviously never read the actual law and your statement betrays the fact that you know nothing about it.
    What are you talking about? What part of my statement do you have a problem with exactly? Be precise please

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/s240

Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    I bet your way of words works really well with the ladies, wargames.
    Not to toot my own horn, but the ladies love me.

What are you talking about? What part of my statement do you have a problem with exactly? Be precise please

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/s240
    Lets start with you referring to the law as an "infanticide law".

Not to toot my own horn, but the ladies love me.
    I'm sure they love it when you call abortion infanticide.

Quote Originally Posted by toguy5252 View Post
    Lets start with you referring to the law as an "infanticide law".
    And?? What do you call a 9 month old baby that is born viable and is killed??