Click here for more!
Page 360 of 410 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370 ... LastLast
Results 8,617 to 8,640 of 9820

Thread: President Donald Trump - In the News, Media Related, and Protests

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
    What would make you hope that the members of a third party would behave any better than those of the other two.
    Entrenched entitlement and corruption.
    I endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for President in 2020.

It is my hope Tulsi Gabbard becomes his running mate.

I agree they made her apologize, which is a good thing but she should have done it on her own, It was a forced shallow apology, she didn't mean it. They also haven't removed her from the committee's she is on where as the Republicans removed King from every committee he was on. I wouldn't call them morally or ethically superior, neither party fits the bill in my eyes, it comes down to power and either side is willing to do whatever it takes to get it

Quote Originally Posted by Butler1000 View Post
    I’m confident a third party could create their own in short order.

I’m confident a third party could create their own in short order.
    Takes awhile. And if you notice where the money goes right now a progressive candidate won't see much.

Two parties means it's easy to pay both off. Multiple parties means it's tougher. And the politicians have to work harder for votes.

It would also help kill gerrymandering as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenyatta View Post
    I agree they made her apologize, which is a good thing but she should have done it on her own, It was a forced shallow apology, she didn't mean it. They also haven't removed her from the committee's she is on where as the Republicans removed King from every committee he was on. I wouldn't call them morally or ethically superior, neither party fits the bill in my eyes, it comes down to power and either side is willing to do whatever it takes to get it
    If this happened with a GOP member:
    -Kelly Anne Conway would be on Fox denying it really happened and spinning “alternative facts”
    -Mitch McConnell would be screaming “What about Hillary”
    -Lindsey Graham would demand another investigation into Hillary’s e-mails
    -Trey Gowdy would be bellowing for another Benghazi investigation
    -and trump would complain that if congress had given him a wall then the Israelis and Palestinians would be living in peace.

The GOP lies and spews bs every time one of their members do something stupid.

Progressives hold their members accountable. It’s a completely different approach and incidents like this highlight the inherent superiority of the Dems.

Takes awhile. And if you notice where the money goes right now a progressive candidate won't see much.

Two parties means it's easy to pay both off. Multiple parties means it's tougher. And the politicians have to work harder for votes.

It would also help kill gerrymandering as well.

It would “take awhile”...LOL...I think you underestimate them.

Anyway...I don’t disagree with the rest of your post...a third party might be a good thing.

A third egomaniacal billionaire running for POTUS though? Not so much but that’s a different issue.

If this happened with a GOP member:
    -Kelly Anne Conway would be on Fox denying it really happened and spinning “alternative facts”
    -Mitch McConnell would be screaming “What about Hillary”
    -Lindsey Graham would demand another investigation into Hillary’s e-mails
    -Trey Gowdy would be bellowing for another Benghazi investigation
    -and trump would complain that if congress had given him a wall then the Israelis and Palestinians would be living in peace.

The GOP lies and spews bs every time one of their members do something stupid.

Progressives hold their members accountable. It’s a completely different approach and incidents like this highlight the inherent superiority of the Dems.
    Not really, she apologized, big deal, if they were to hold her accountable she should be removed from the Foreign affairs committee. The Gov, Lt Gov and AG in Virginia also haven't been held accountable. I agree the Republicans are worse but not by much, you calling the Democrats morally superior makes me laugh. Apologies are meaningless if they are forced. It's like a mother telling a child to apologize for something they did, it's pathetic actually, that she had to be told what she said was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenyatta View Post
    Not really, she apologized, big deal, if they were to hold her accountable she should be removed from the Foreign affairs committee. The Gov, Lt Gov and AG in Virginia also haven't been held accountable. I agree the Republicans are worse but not by much, you calling the Democrats morally superior makes me laugh. Apologies are meaningless if they are forced. It's like a mother telling a child to apologize for something they did, it's pathetic actually, that she had to be told what she said was wrong.
    The Dems want the Gov and Lt Gov to step down but they are refusing. Not much else the Dems can do other than keep up the pressure. They seem to have a bit more tolerance for the AG although I don’t think he’s out of the woods yet either.

As far as the forced apology goes, I think Omar sounds sincere from what I’ve read but who knows. Regardless, she has been resoundingly rebuked by her own party. Maybe she should be removed from her committee...I think that might have been the next step if she hadn’t walked back what she said.

You obviously don't care shit about that, Trump defender.

Quote Originally Posted by b4u View Post

Just imagine where that number would be if there was honest media!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eternalbachelor View Post
    [IM]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d1/10/2b/d1102b90507ddd3eb9044970ac8577b3.jpg?b=t[/IMG]
    Fake news.
    538 says he's still at 40%.

Meanwhile, the investigation continues.
    Fmr U.S. Attorney: Trump, Flynn, Manafort Finances Are ‘the Glue’ Holding Mueller Probe Together

Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    You obviously don't care shit about that, Trump defender.
    Can't go a topic without Trump can you?

This is 360 pages about Trump.
    You think we should be talking about something else?
    Should we get back to your hypocrisy? I know you love it when we talk about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil C. McNasty View Post
    These are the kinds of images that the Nazis commissioned artists to produce as part of their ubermensch/master race propaganda program. It’s funny how these themes transcend generations...and by funny I mean creepy af.

These are the kinds of images that the Nazis commissioned artists to produce as part of their ubermensch/master race propaganda program. It’s funny how these themes transcend generations...and by funny I mean creepy af.
    Phil loves the images that come out of Italy now that its fascist.
    The guy who built that thing had previously done KJU and Putin, Trump was the obvious next choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Phil loves the images that come out of Italy now that its fascist.
    The guy who built that thing had previously done KJU and Putin, Trump was the obvious next choice.
    It is chilling what has happened to our political discourse in which for many it is no longer shameful to be identified with Nazis. In fact, they embrace it.

https://youtu.be/L7sDTIgNvi0

Blog Entries
    Have you read the title of this thread???

On ignore: Disrespectful Individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    Have you read the title of this thread???
    Have you tried going a day without TDS??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil C. McNasty View Post
    Have you tried going a day without TDS??
    Just keep on looking pretty, and stop playing the same warped record day after day. Your T Devotee Syndrome knows no bounds, as you also have not read the title of this thread!!

Blog Entries
    As usual the Trumptard supporters display their true colours with their ignorant violent actions and abuses at the media:

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/polit...rally-in-texas

Blog Entries
    Trump’s wall talk is hurting US businesses at the border:
    El Paso, Texas, a border town not usually in the national spotlight, got a big plug in Donald Trump’s State of the Union address.

In his speech, the president hailed the city as one of the safest in the US—because, he said, a fence along the border put an end to dangerous criminal activity.

Locals’ response: Get your facts right.

Communities along the US-Mexico line have long battled the narrative of the border as a lawless, dangerous place—a staple among Washington figures trying to score with immigration hawks. Trump’s alarmist rhetoric about terrorists and violent gangs storming the US, and his insistence on building a wall to stop them, takes that vision to a new level.

“It’s made our life more difficult” says Jon Barela, chief executive of the Borderplex Alliance, which promotes investment in the El Paso region. “We are fighting against this PR machine, one which has taken a view that bad policies make good politics.”

Trump’s inaccurate statements are setting back efforts to attract new companies and jobs. In order to get executives to consider settling in El Paso, Barela and his team have to first disprove the president’s rhetoric. It’s a constant battle, he says.

Trump didn’t get it all wrong. El Paso is one of the safest US cities for its size. But it’s never been one of the most dangerous, as he claimed—nor is it safe now because of the fence. Violent crime peaked in 1993, more than 15 years before the the barrier was constructed, according to an El Paso Times analysis.

Even at the height of a bloody cartel turf war across the border in Ciudad Juárez in 2010, El Paso’s violent crime rate remained low. Locals, including Veronica Escobar, the El Paso Democrat who listened to the president’s address in person as a member of the House, were quick to point that out.

Fact-checking Trump is not just a matter of pride. Presidential rhetoric can have a real effect on local economies. Retail sales dipped in Texas’s biggest border cities during Trump’s first year in office, as his views put off shoppers from Mexico. In El Paso, stores and restaurants rely on Mexicans for about 10% to 15% of their business, according to the Dallas Federal Reserve.

Trump’s policies are affecting El Paso in other ways. Barela says uncertainty over the new trade deal between the US, Mexico, and Canada, USMCA, which still has to be ratified by Congress, has put several projects on hold.

The attention Trump is directing to the border is giving locals a chance to make their own pitch for El Paso. Shortly after Trump took office, Beto O’Rourke, the El Paso Democrat who challenged Ted Cruz for the US Senate last year, launched a Facebook campaign to counteract Trumpian narratives.

“Donald Trump doesn’t understand the border. Let’s show him what it looks like,” the he posted at the time. “Don’t be shy El Paso, this is our time to shine.”

El Pasoans will get another prime opportunity to set the record straight next week, when Trump is scheduled to hold a rally in their city.

https://qz.com/1544161/trumps-border...so-businesses/

That is why close to 15,000 anti-Trump supporters showed up in that demonstration.

Cohen delayed his testimony again, It doesn't look like he wants to testify, CNN saying he probably never will at this point. I wonder why? Is he scared for his family or is he afraid he will get caught lying and spend even more time in jail?

Blog Entries
    Postponed due to "Post Surgery Medical Needs":

https://www.msnbc.com/ali-velshi/wat...-1440822851879