Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130
Results 3,097 to 3,118 of 3118

Thread: The 2017 Blue Jay season thread

not banned
    Quote Originally Posted by black booty lover View Post
    Kind of strange cause if you go to the Dogers page it shows them paying his salary next year.
    I don't believe it is correct either. Jays page says they are paying Upton 16mil. That is not what was reported in the trade or even since.

Pitsbugh does not show Bonilla being paid $1mil for the 15-20 years. Peanuts but still missing.

Quote Originally Posted by black booty lover View Post
    Kind of strange cause if you go to the Dogers page it shows them paying his salary next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by gww View Post
    I don't believe it is correct either. Jays page says they are paying Upton 16mil. That is not what was reported in the trade or even since.

Pitsbugh does not show Bonilla being paid $1mil for the 15-20 years. Peanuts but still missing.
    Re A. Gonzales: When I look at both the Dodgers and Red Sox I see the Sox paying $857,142.00 this season and next. Dodgers pay the balance.

Team Player

Pretty sure that deferred salary Bonilla negotiated is with the Mets.

Some of these contracts are pretty convoluted so I guess some mixups can happen on these websites.

Team Player
    Bautista with a solid single in his first at bat today. Nice standing O by the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by gww View Post

I believe it's the mets that have that long term obligation with Bonilla, but that's a good memory to even initially recall that long deferral buyout.

Edit - see Smitherz already pointed it out.

Quote Originally Posted by maurice93 View Post
    I believe it's the mets that have that long term obligation with Bonilla, but that's a good memory to even initially recall that long deferral buyout.

Edit - see Smitherz already pointed it out.
    Bonilla also had a similar thing going with Baltimore. He was getting .5 million a season from then until 2015...lol.

Hernandez is gonna be a superstar next year I predict.
    If he keeps up his current pace he'll hit 40 homers and drive in 100+ in 600 AB's:

http://m.mlb.com/player/606192/teoscar-hernandez

The Original Elf
    Very perfunctory applause for Bautista today. His first at bat didn't even get everyone standing. After that it was standing applause but I wouldn't call it an ovation, more tepid. Like people were standing and applauding because that's what you're expected to do. The crowd never went wild, that's for sure.

And his last at bat was exemplary of his play the past 2 seasons. Popped out.

Bautista has a great legacy with the Jays and will be remembered. He'll probably be commemorated on the Level of Excellence. A few years ago he was THE go-to guy for a clutch hit. Too bad that's all behind him and the end was tarnished.

Looking forward to the future in right field for the Jays!
    "A voice of reason in a sea of madness"

Quote Originally Posted by Keebler Elf View Post
    Very perfunctory applause for Bautista today. His first at bat didn't even get everyone standing. After that it was standing applause but I wouldn't call it an ovation, more tepid. Like people were standing and applauding because that's what you're expected to do. The crowd never went wild, that's for sure.

And his last at bat was exemplary of his play the past 2 seasons. Popped out.

Bautista has a great legacy with the Jays and will be remembered. He'll probably be commemorated on the Level of Excellence. A few years ago he was THE go-to guy for a clutch hit. Too bad that's all behind him and the end was tarnished.

Looking forward to the future in right field for the Jays!
    Did you see when they subbed him out for Carrera in the 9th? That was definitely an ovation. The stadium was shaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese&rice View Post
    Did you see when they subbed him out for Carrera in the 9th? That was definitely an ovation. The stadium was shaking.
    Conveniently left that big part out cuz it did not fit his narrative.

Maybe he thought the ovation was for my man Zeke

The Original Elf
    I acknowledged the standing ovations. It was the enthusiasm, or lack thereof, that was noticeable. The 9th inning was also not spontaneous. Gibby set it up to entice the fans to give him the standing O. Spontaneous standing O's, or ones that drag on seemingly forever, are much more impressive.

If you're honest with yourself you'll admit it was not the thundering, goes on forever, knock your socks off ovation that you would have expected for someone so "beloved" in Toronto.

Instead it was the perfunctory, you've been with us for 10 years, you were great, you suck now, but we'll stand and applaud for the great memories. You could see it in some of the peoples' faces. Even then, some kept sitting right through them. Others didn't even clap.

He's not the super man you want to make him out to be. Not anymore.

Thanks for the memories. Time to move on.

I acknowledged the standing ovations. It was the enthusiasm, or lack thereof, that was noticeable. The 9th inning was also not spontaneous. Gibby set it up to entice the fans to give him the standing O. Spontaneous standing O's, or ones that drag on seemingly forever, are much more impressive.

If you're honest with yourself you'll admit it was not the thundering, goes on forever, knock your socks off ovation that you would have expected for someone so "beloved" in Toronto.

Instead it was the perfunctory, you've been with us for 10 years, you were great, you suck now, but we'll stand and applaud for the great memories. You could see it in some of the peoples' faces. Even then, some kept sitting right through them. Others didn't even clap.

Thanks for the memories. Time to move on.
    If that is what YOU believe, then bully for you!

From the applause to the signs, it was not what most people saw or felt. Yes the 9th inning was staged and it wasn't a surprise to anyone(except, possibly you.) Jose did a lot for this team and he should be respected for it.

Thanks for the memories. Time to move on
    You're a "glass is half empty" kinda guy, arent you??

Is saw it as a nice send-off: https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/09/24/jo...e-jays-sendoff

Team Player
    Some awesome Bautista moments many probably have forgotten about

Steals second on a walk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkPD-2UFFMY

Throws out Harper at third
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NujgQkaPEAw

Throws out Billy Butler at first
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua5xLUirLIU

Inside the park homer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OYlN_y2-08

Game saving throw in WBC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAdgV3GzCU4

Bautista 2014 All-Star Homerun Derby
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Tv9JTP2qs

Bautista makes sure a BJ fan gets a ball
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnG4ujSxmgU

Bautista and the Philly Phanatic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pl5p9L8LBE

Bautista nails Cabbie in the dunk tank
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK9ePnsJ164

Quote Originally Posted by Phil C. McNasty View Post
    You're a "glass is half empty" kinda guy, arent you??
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgger View Post
    If that is what YOU believe, then bully for you!

The Keebler Elf is a blast at funerals....

Quote Originally Posted by gcostanza View Post
    The Keebler Elf is a blast at funerals....
    If that becomes widely known, they will do a body search any time he approaches a cemetery.

Perry
    "A trip around the world is not a cruise."

Blog Entries
    It was the enthusiasm, or lack thereof, that was noticeable. .
    Only in your mind.

The Original Elf
    Awww, the TERBites are upset.

I think I'll get over it.

The Original Elf
    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    Only in your mind.
    And in the minds of those who didn't stand or applaud. But you don't want to acknowledge that inconvenient truth.

Blog Entries
    And in the minds of those who didn't stand or applaud. But you don't want to acknowledge that inconvenient truth.
    What was the ratio? How many applauded and how many didn't. Were you at the game so you could see the whole crowd? If not, your perception means shit.

As well, how did you measure the lack of enthusiasm? You said there were lots of standing ovations but they lacked enthusiasm. Do you have an enthusimeter? Did you do an exit poll where fans told you they stood but weren't really into it?

Donaldson still hit 30+ homers in an injury season.

Jays better hold on to him