Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778
Results 1,849 to 1,870 of 1870

Thread: The 2017 Blue Jay season thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil C. McNasty View Post
    This is going great, so we should be able to take 2 of 3 from Royals, right??
    I'm still hoping for a sweep.

The positive we can take out of this, Estrada goes 7 and gives up 3 runnies.

Maybe he turns it around after all-star break like I'm predicting we will.
    (LOL......my predictions usually go nowhere)

The positive we can take out of this, Estrada goes 7 and gives up 3 runnies.
    The Jays wasted two good starts from Happ and Marco Polo. 2 bases empty home runs just ain't good enough in to-day's MLB.

Looks like the Jays will have to take 4 out of 3 to get to the .500 mark

Looks like the Jays will have to take 4 out of 3 to get to the .500 mark
    No playoffs for the Blue Jays this year lol. The Blue Jays need to rebuild to get young players. There need more of the Young Lads 25 years or under.

Young players give the team more energy and more spark to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleb899 View Post
    No playoffs for the Blue Jays this year lol. The Blue Jays need to rebuild to get young players. There need more of the Young Lads 25 years or under.

I will give you the fact they need to get a bit younger, but lots of time before we know what the play off picture looks like. The way I look at it, they can't possible have a worse second half of the year considering the injuries and struggles some of the guys have had.

The crappy part is trying to figure if your a buyer or seller when your only in the hunt for a wild card spot, because your play off run might only be one game if you loose.

Even though many claim it's a long season, in reality most teams decide whether they are in the hunt by the All Star break and decide to be sellers or buyer before the trade deadline.

So the Jays have to get hot for the next 3 weeks or they start trading the veterans.
    Last edited by ultistar; 06-26-2017 at 09:19 AM. Reason: grammar

I don't know any men who have not gone through these kinds of mental struggles at least once during their lifetimes... often, several times. Including myself.

Unless it is very severe, it is not mental illness at all; it is part of the process of life, growing up and maturing... which is not to say it is not a struggle.

I said at the beginning of 2015, when I first saw him pitch a few games as closer, that we were witnessing the birth of another Mariano Rivera... I still feel that way.

FWIW, I would not trade Osuna, Stroman, Sanchez, Biagini, Donaldson, Smoak (at least on present performance), Goins, Tepera, Pompey or Barnes if I were the GM... Travis? I don't know!

Perry

EDIT. Interesting stat about Osuna: on 5 occasions this year he has closed out a game pitching a full inning on 9 or less pitches; in 6 other games, he needed only between 10 and 12... he just turned 22 years of age.
    Last edited by Perry Mason; 06-25-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    "A trip around the world is not a cruise."

The major obstacle to trading Travis is that every other team in the MLB knows he's injury-prone, and that reduces his value somewhat

The major obstacle to trading Travis is that every other team in the MLB knows he's injury-prone, and that reduces his value somewhat
    You get nothing for him and nothing for Tulo and his big contract as well as JB IMHO

Happ and Estrada are valuable free agents and JD has great value with 1year left if they go that route

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rig View Post

Happ ... valuable free agent....
    J. A. Happ is not a free agent at the end of this season.

I don't quite know why, but to me Travis has the potential to be a Ricky Henderson kind of LF.

Hard to trade someone like that, but if he is not on the field what's the point?

Perry
    "A trip around the world is not a cruise."

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Mason View Post
    I don't quite know why, but to me Travis has the potential to be a Ricky Henderson kind of LF.

Hard to trade someone like that, but if he is not on the field what's the point?

Perry
    If I am Travis I refuse to play second

So Osuna was not OK to pitch on saturday, but suddenly was perfectly fine to pitch sunday?? I just find the whole thing very strange.

And FTR I do believe Osuna suffers from anxiety. I just find it strange he was suddenly OK to pitch the next day

No
    Phil it's not strange at all, the mound may be the only place Osuna feels serene. With an anxiety disorder, the rest of his life could be a mess. He needs the full support of his team-mates. Osuna grew up in drug cartel territory, he's far too young to go through that unscathed. Medication could be a land mine, Osuna is not in a position to experiment. Talk therapy may be his best option, and if JB is still the team leader he needs to step up like he did for Melky Cabrera. This is serious shit, the Jays better not fuck it up like the Leafs did with Shane Corson.

You need a cavalier attitude to be a lead off hitter, Pillar doesn't have it. Joey Boom Bats certainly does, he's hitting +.400 since leading off. If he gets any more standing boos, he'll hit even higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    Phil it's not strange at all, the mound may be the only place Osuna feels serene. With an anxiety disorder, the rest of his life could be a mess. He needs the full support of his team-mates. Osuna grew up in drug cartel territory, he's far too young to go through that unscathed. Medication could be a land mine, Osuna is not in a position to experiment. Talk therapy may be his best option, and if JB is still the team leader he needs to step up like he did for Melky Cabrera. This is serious shit, the Jays better not fuck it up like the Leafs did with Shane Corson.

You need a cavalier attitude to be a lead off hitter, Pillar doesn't have it. Joey Boom Bats certainly does, he's hitting +.400 since leading off. If he gets any more standing boos, he'll hit even higher.
    Bats gets a lot of walks which makes him a decent lead off guy

I question going public with osuna cause now he has to answer questions in situations he is uncomfortable with

I know a girl who was a shut in because of anxiety and marijuana allows her to have a job

interestingly, doc gave me medical dope and it makes me anxious so I refuse it

3 quality starts. Happ, Marco Polo and Liriano. Jays won one.

Maybe like Tim Raines... IIRC Raines stated out as a 2B but moved into LF early in his career.
    Robin Yount is another IF/SS who moved into the OF with great success. Only man to win MVP's in two different positions SS & OF.

Not saying Travis is going to be HOF or MVP, but he's gotta stay healthy.

I don't know any men who have not gone through these kinds of mental struggles at least once during their lifetimes... often, several times. Including myself.

Unless it is very severe, it is not mental illness at all; it is part of the process of life, growing up and maturing... which is not to say it is not a struggle.

I said at the beginning of 2015, when I first saw him pitch a few games as closer, that we were witnessing the birth of another Mariano Rivera... I still feel that way.

FWIW, I would not trade Osuna, Stroman, Sanchez, Biagini, Donaldson, Smoak (at least on present performance), Goins, Tepera, Pompey or Barnes if I were the GM... Travis? I don't know!

Perry

EDIT. Interesting stat about Osuna: on 5 occasions this year he has closed out a game pitching a full inning on 9 or less pitches; in 6 other games, he needed only between 10 and 12... he just turned 22 years of age.
    Another issue is language. He needs a interpreter to speak to press so hard for him to express his feelings to Gibby

Quote Originally Posted by black booty lover View Post
    I will give you the fact they need to get a bit younger, but lots of time before we know what the play off picture looks like. The way I look at it, they can't possible have a worse second half of the year considering the injuries and struggles some of the guys have had.

The crappy part is trying to figure if your a buyer or seller when your only in the hunt for a wild card spot, because your play off run might only be one game if you loose.
    Is a business decision . What route brings most money into the coffers? Go for playoffs this year or rebuild and dump some salaries while losing sales this year and next ? Unlike Leafs sales are not guaranteed unless team wins but eventually they have to rebuild and go through a couple of losing years. The question is do it now or later. I say give it another month then do the math

One possibility is to trade now for success this year and then dump if things do not click although I have never seen a team to make the big trade then change their mind and start dumping

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleb899 View Post

Blog Entries
    So Osuna was not OK to pitch on saturday, but suddenly was perfectly fine to pitch sunday?? I just find the whole thing very strange.
    How about just believe that between the Jays and Osuna, they know when is able to pitch. Jays want to win. Osuna wants to pitch.

Just because we don't understand something doesn't mean there is some dark behind the scenes secrets.

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778