Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141
Results 3,361 to 3,365 of 3365

Thread: The 2017 Blue Jay season thread

Quote Originally Posted by smitherz View Post

Would you part with Vlad Jr and Bichette to bring in Stanton ? That’s likely where trade talks start.
    While there still is a market for Stanton, not the trend in baseball anymore. Cheaper and younger and short term contracts is the way of the future. They Jays are just buying time right now until these two are ready to come up. (There's actually a 3rd prospect who's also tearing it, a catcher but I can't remember his name)

Quote Originally Posted by black booty lover View Post
    While there still is a market for Stanton, not the trend in baseball anymore. Cheaper and younger and short term contracts is the way of the future. They Jays are just buying time right now until these two are ready to come up. (There's actually a 3rd prospect who's also tearing it, a catcher but I can't remember his name)
    His name is Phil....Mc-Something

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil C. McNasty View Post
    Isnt that what he just said??
    Another interpretation of him saying that he agreed, is that he agreed that it is shaping up to be the best WS that he has seen as well.

Not that it matters much whichever his intended meaning was. Just pointing out how it could be interpreted 2 ways. The English language is very nuanced that way.

Team Player
    Quote Originally Posted by black booty lover View Post
    You’re probably thinking of Danny Jansen , he only started hitting well this season after being fitted with corrective lenses. He’s only 22 and will probably get an invite to big league camp so they’ll see if he’s for real or not. What’s most impressive, he only struck out 40 times in 400+ plate appearances this season.

Quote Originally Posted by smitherz View Post
    You’re probably thinking of Danny Jansen , he only started hitting well this season after being fitted with corrective lenses. He’s only 22 and will probably get an invite to big league camp so they’ll see if he’s for real or not. What’s most impressive, he only struck out 40 times in 400+ plate appearances this season.
    Indeed this is the player I was referring to!