Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Auston Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    Now we know why Matthews was drafted No.1, he's smart enough to know that he doesn't own the ice.

I love Patrik Laine, he's sensational but he takes too many risks. Taking center ice with your head down, someone will clean your clock.

Ciao Steve Stamkos, bentornato John Tavares? Is he a UFA in 2018?
    Matthews needs to be careful around the boards. He's so quick and slippery, he turns on a dime, but he turns into the boards sometimes.
    Karlsson nearly plastered him into the boards on Saturday. It was a great Houdini move by Auston, but it was close.

I beg to differ. Karlson wasn't close. Karlson thought he was close which is why he didn't let up and plastered himself. Matthews knew what he was doing. Knew who was checking him and knew Karlson was looking for retribution for making him look foolish last game. Give Matthews more credit. He's doing fine. Matthews played him like a fiddle. Karlson took himself out of the play. If he played like Lidstrom he would have taken the puck off of Matthews with his positioning.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowjello View Post
    Matthews needs to be careful around the boards. He's so quick and slippery, he turns on a dime, but he turns into the boards sometimes.
    Karlsson nearly plastered him into the boards on Saturday. It was a great Houdini move by Auston, but it was close.
    Even if AM was close to getting plastered, with his size, skating and smarts the only ones that may possibly be safer are the softies who are afraid of getting into the dirty areas (boards and corners).

The only major issue I see with Matthews is that I don't like his hairstyle.

I doubt that Matthews actually went through that mental process at that moment.
    Everyone knows what they're doing until it doesn't work out, I think I've given Matthews plenty of credit, that's pretty clear.
    My comment was really in response to the thinking that Laine is a risk taker, therefore he gets hurt, and Matthews is too smart, therefore he won't.
    They're both risk takers in different ways, they wouldn't be superstars in the making otherwise.

No
    Actually Karlsson did get a piece of AM, but not enough. I slower skater would have gone into the boards and gotten up slowly.

As for Laine, hubris gifted him with a concussion. I'm confident he's not a meathead like Lindros, he won't make that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    I have a man crush on this guy, everything about him is dreamy to me.

I knew we were in good shape when we landed #1 pick....I saw him play in juniors and you could tell he was very smart and skilled

and a centre is way more valuable than a winger, the comparisons to laine are stupid....there is no comparison, matthews is more valuable and a better player

Quote Originally Posted by mellowjello View Post
    If he continues on this trajectory, Matthews will be the greatest Leaf player ever.
    I never imagined in my wildest dreams we would ever land a player like this.
    I'm relishing every moment he is on the ice

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post

I feel the same about Matt Martin. When Leafs signed him, I was hoping to see this every game

Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    I feel the same about Matt Martin. When Leafs signed him, I was hoping to see this every game
    Not with Lou in charge.

Matthews a -3 tonight.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213