Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 385 to 393 of 393

Thread: real estate..... is it true??

  1. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by angrymime666 View Post
    did a drive through in my old area where I sold my house months ago. there is now more inventory then 4 months ago. prices are still overvalued.
    It's a waiting game right now. People are waiting for the prices to drop further and deeper. On average, homes' prices in GTA have been dropping about 10 - 20 % from a year ago. The trend of price's dropping still continues. So people are just playing the watching game right now without buying much these days...

    If Canada may and will be in economic recession from the Trump's tariffs on various Canadian products and demolishing of NAFTA agreement, then the home's prices will sink much further.
    Last edited by NiceToMeetYou; 08-16-2018 at 12:05 AM.

  2. #386
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Eastern Ontario
    Posts
    825
    Well Canada will be in recession soon, if it is not already (By definition, recessions can only be announced after they have been going on for some time). The recession will occur not because of the Trump tariffs- although that doesn't help- but just because recessions are a normal part of the business cycle and we are due, or past due, perhaps. Housing prices will fall in a recession as will prices generally. But then so will wages, if it goes on long enough. All this is perfectly normal. High end, large, expensive homes will suffer more than smaller ones, so if you re looking to trade up, hang on a bit.

  3. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by amazing age View Post
    Well Canada will be in recession soon, if it is not already (By definition, recessions can only be announced after they have been going on for some time). The recession will occur not because of the Trump tariffs- although that doesn't help- but just because recessions are a normal part of the business cycle and we are due, or past due, perhaps. Housing prices will fall in a recession as will prices generally. But then so will wages, if it goes on long enough. All this is perfectly normal. High end, large, expensive homes will suffer more than smaller ones, so if you re looking to trade up, hang on a bit.
    soon could be a year or two from now...higher oil prices could lift Canada for a year or more; but a higher rates and further housing price corrections could take its toll too..once again probably not til next year.

  4. #388
    I'm waiting...

    Vancouver housing prices are beginning to decline for all housing types, including condos. I don't see how Toronto gets out of this unscathed. In fact, the slowdown is being felt in worldwide major real estate markets.


    Think of the children -> http://www.numberofabortions.com/
    I want you to point your finger at me. I want you to call me names.

  5. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by wonkyknee View Post
    soon could be a year or two from now...higher oil prices could lift Canada for a year or more; but a higher rates and further housing price corrections could take its toll too..once again probably not til next year.
    higher brent and wti does not mean better prices for canadian oil. The sentiment is better (or was) but canadian production is generally heavily discounted.

    https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oi...Crude-Oil.html

  6. #390
    Saw an article. Over house prices up 1% from last year.

    My hope is 3% over the next ten years year to year to get to early retirement.

    But I knew it would start slow.
    It is my hope that Bernie Sanders will run as an independent candidate in the 2020 presidential election.

  7. #391
    houses that I have been viewing are still going for multiple offers above ask. nothing insane as 2016 but over ask by 5-10k where I am looking. single detached bungalows with original owners that have never been updated since they were built.

    even a tear down dump in hamilton for 169k will go over ask.

    I think I may forgot about buying a house in southern ontario and go buy out of province and live in another country for 6 months out of the year.

  8. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by angrymime666 View Post
    houses that I have been viewing are still going for multiple offers above ask. nothing insane as 2016 but over ask by 5-10k where I am looking. single detached bungalows with original owners that have never been updated since they were built.
    .
    I'm finding the same thing in my area and the area i'm looking to move to, only the ask has often dropped twice already(both in the 416). I find the RE agents won't do a price drop on the listing but rather cancel and list again as new so buyers don't know the price has been dropped. But when you've been watching for awhile you'll notice the same house listed again and again each time with a lower price but never showing the previous price. The rules in this industry are really archaeic and need some basic regulation to stop duping the consumers.

  9. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by wonkyknee View Post
    I'm finding the same thing in my area and the area i'm looking to move to, only the ask has often dropped twice already(both in the 416). I find the RE agents won't do a price drop on the listing but rather cancel and list again as new so buyers don't know the price has been dropped. But when you've been watching for awhile you'll notice the same house listed again and again each time with a lower price but never showing the previous price. The rules in this industry are really archaeic and need some basic regulation to stop duping the consumers.
    I agree. Laws in the real estate markets in Canada are lacking in transparency. Unlike the laws in the USA in real estate markets, they keep track of the prices' drop to give more protection to consumers. Laws in Canada is more to protect the real estate business owners than consumers.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •