Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: real estate..... is it true??

I did buy and sell many homes and did good for myself, but you really have to know the market. Watch the area, and other homes near by. But after buying and selling a few, I am now sick of moving and renovating. That was in my younger days. Now I am in my forever home. But yes you can make good money.

Quote Originally Posted by parisbeautiful222 View Post
    Is it true that the property in average will loose 10 to 30% in value in the next few year in canada? Appenrently the property are 30% overvalued... Im looking to invest in real-estate, i just don't know when and what!!! I've been reading a lot about it but everyone says the opposite! What do you guys think about it? especially toronto market i'm talking about.
    Well, you know the answer to that now.

"...for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again. For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate."

RockStar
    playing with Scarlett Johansson in our underwear somewhere in iceland
    i see price of homes going up 50% this decade due to shortages in the 6

French kissing involves all 34 muscles in the face.
    A pucker kiss involves only 2.

Quote Originally Posted by malata View Post
    i see price of homes going up 50% this decade due to shortages in the 6

Who's going to be able to afford that though! Wages have been pretty much stagnant for decades now!

Hi guys, I have a question. Do any of you have real estate abroad? If so, where? If not, where would you like to buy it in the future? I'm interested in real estate in the Emirates, I'm going to buy an apartment there, I liked a few options here https://korter.ae, but I need to collect a little more money
    Last edited by Ladarrl; 02-23-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Looks like this spring will see insane 2017 prices again.

"...for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again. For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate."

The historically cyclic housing cycle is off the rails... Tough for anyone to predict. People with property (on-paper wealth) want more and will leverage to get more.

What I don't get is the size of the homes... Tiny condos in Toronto (and even the 'burbs) and large homes outside of Toronto. I understand the builders build what will make money, but the cities have to do something to curb silly development.

The Big Builders/Developers already own the land and completely control all aspects of the market. They can pause developments, then cancel contracts in order to charge more... They are politically connected so there is no pressure to change.
    Last edited by Goodoer; 02-18-2020 at 12:23 PM.
    -Goodoer

^^^ BEST POSITION EVER!!! ^^^

Anyone think this stock market collapse will effect the housing market?

I started looking for a 1 bedroom condo in the Bay Street corridor for my daughter and found out that the market has skyrocketed within the past few weeks. Some units have been sold for $50-80,000 more than a comparable unit sold for just in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodoer View Post
    The historically cyclic housing cycle is off the rails... Tough for anyone to predict. People with property (on-paper wealth) want more and will leverage to get more.

The Big Builders/Developers already own the land and completely control all aspects of the market. They can pause developments, then cancel contracts in order to charge more... They are politically connected so there is no pressure to change.
    This is true and this is why our market is so fucked up

The average condo price in the City of Toronto is now a record $722k!

Yikes!

Speculators are going to get crushed in the coming months.

I think Toronto will continue to be a another safe haven for foreign cash in the RE market. Especially if the nation's response to Covid-19 continues to be as good as it is. People are going to continue to want a safe haven for their cash and a safe get away spot.
    I endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for President in 2020.

It is my hope Tulsi Gabbard becomes his running mate.

I question our "good" national response to covid-19. No testing, no masks, no toilet paper, no prep, late travel bans, late store closures, and the list goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by Smallcock View Post
    I question our "good" national response to covid-19. No testing, no masks, no toilet paper, no prep, late travel bans, late store closures, and the list goes on...
    Yes sir. It like the twilight zone they tell you how dangerous it is, they tell you to stay home yet their being reactive instead of proactive. It’s been a complete joke. They’ve had months to prepare for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallcock View Post
    If the numbers hold as they are Canada is low on the death rate. Look at the USA, Italy, China and the Netherlands as examples.

That could change mind. But at this point that and the govt response about wage assistance to business and four months cash out could be the difference in no foreclosures.

Which means no low priced stick availability. Add in the Canadian banks are probably going to play ball on helping mortgage holders and the dip may be very low.

Quote Originally Posted by TOraps23 View Post
    Yes sir. It like the twilight zone they tell you how dangerous it is, they tell you to stay home yet their being reactive instead of proactive. It’s been a complete joke. They’ve had months to prepare for this.
    In a pandemic with international travel and the freedoms we normally have it's going to be impossible to contain anyway. Too many idiots who don't care.

The problem is globalization and reliance on the China/Third world chain for goods, especially essential ones.

lets see how investment properties hold up over the next 3-6 months. Even if people get back to work, they may not lift travel restrictions. People may hold off on travel. There are thousands of investment properties relying on Airbnb revenues, not to mentions renters are all gonna have trouble and landlords will have to make concesssions and try to make up for it in lower interest rates. Not everyone will get hired back right away. it will be messy indeed. No one wants to see a crash but there might well be some air let out of this bubble by the time its all over. A 10-15% haircut on prices is enough for 50 to 100% of ones investment(equity) to disappear. A 20% decline in prices will be very damaging to investor balance sheets.

The business cycle is over we're entering a depression. Not a great time with record debt levels!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaug View Post
    The business cycle is over we're entering a depression. Not a great time with record debt levels!
    Not the way a business cycle typically ends. There is no real shortage of capital, no inflation, no shortage of energy. We are now headed into deflation. Rates will remain near zero. When business can resume, it will IMHO. But it will take awhile to get back to similar levels.

RockStar
    playing with Scarlett Johansson in our underwear somewhere in iceland
    real estate in the 6 will stabilize at current levels and resume it's momentum north bound

French kissing involves all 34 muscles in the face.
    A pucker kiss involves only 2.